E3 2013 Summary

• www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Also, Playing on-line requires a PS+ account.

• www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Also, Playing on-line requires a PS+ account.

• Games I am somewhat interested in:

Witcher 3
    Titanfall
    The Crew
    Final Fantasy XV (very hesitant)

Games I’m definitely getting:

• Best part was when Gabe announced Ricochet 2.

• Games that look pretty good:
    Watch Dogs
    Titanfall
    The Division
    Mirrors Edge 2

• The PS4 costs $399 which is, at the time of writing this £256.
    The XBox one will cost $499 which, at the time of writing, is £320.

Yet we are being charged £349 for the PS4 and £429 for the XBox One. How do the explain the extra £100 cost for not living in america?

• tax, licensing, import costs and market strength

• Pretty much that, I don’t care about Plus costing money when it actually gives you stuff in return so PS4 for me please.

• We usually pay more than MSRP for electronics in Canada too. Video games are one of the few exceptions. At least you don’t pay 70 bucks for a 40 dollar pair of headphones.

• PS Plus comes with a library of free games. So if they keep that going on PS4 I will be fine paying for it.

• Still a shit move but at least they’re not microsoft. Wii U is free online play isn’t it? Not that it matters since nogames.

Final Fantasy XV looks like they’re finally dropping the turn based and ABS in main line titles. I don’t know about you but it looked pretty good. If Persona 5 was announced as an exclusive then I’d probably get a ps4 on launch but the way it’s looking anything worth playing will already be on Playstation 3.

Quick google search of “who won e3 2013” reveals articles and threads either along the lines of “why sony won e3”, “how sony won e3”, “who do you think won e3?” but nothing saying xbone or microsoft won. I missed Nintendo conference. Sony confirmed for winning e3 or did Nintendo manage to pull out a magic trick?

• Nintendo did one of their Direct things, Mega Man for Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, new Mario game of some sort, Xenoblade, Donkey Kong Country, Wind Waker HD trailer amongst some other stuff I don’t remember.

Edit: Smah Bros going for a more cel shady approach and by that I mean black outlines around characters (3DS version)
    Wii U sticking to normal it seems.

• The Nintendo “conference” confirmed that they have have First party games… Mario Kart, Super Smash Bro’s, Zelda game. ect…

Also Microsoft are delaying the launch of the Xbox one in Japan by a whole year…  What…

Games I am looking forward to that have been shown in some form: FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Watchdogs, GTAIV and perhaps New&Tasty Abe’s Odyssey. I would have been looking forward to Battlefield 4, but EA saw that BF3 got as ruined and milked as possible.

• Kingdom Hearts 3 most likely will not come out till 2015-2016 anyways.
    However, with the Halo franchise in the dumps, Microsoft really has no game franchise to rely on to help boost console sales. (I hope to God Call of Duty dies with XBOX1)

• I’m probably still going to buy an Xbone because it has far more games that interest me, but Microsoft seriously has to get their shit together. The used games policies aren’t as insane as everyone thinks (although in my opinion there shouldn’t be a used games policy to begin with), but Microsoft has completely failed to make that clear and they’re going to get destroyed in sales if they don’t start doing some serious PR.

As for PSN costing money now, $5 a month wasn’t a big deal on Xbox Live and it really isn’t a big deal on PSN either, but I’m sure people will get butthurt about it anyway.

• I will definitely play the remake of Abe’s Oddysee.

• @StratocasterTB:

I’m probably still going to buy an Xbone because it has far more games that interest me

Name them.

@StratocasterTB:

The used games policies aren’t as insane as everyone thinks

They are.

@StratocasterTB:

but Microsoft has completely failed to make that clear

They have.

• Some people getting mad over Sony saying it’ll be up to publishers if used game DRM takes place but that’s the way it is currently with some publishers using online passes and all that.

• @Elite:

Name them.

They are.

They have.

I’m a huge Halo and Forza fan, and I like the looks of Ryse and Titanfall which they showed last night. I also prefer getting multiplats on Xbox because I have terrible luck with making new games work on PC and most of my friends have Xboxes.

Of course, I’m skeptical as to whether my Xbox-loving friends will stick around for the Xbone.

@Cheepo:

Some people getting mad over Sony saying it’ll be up to publishers if used game DRM takes place but that’s the way it is currently with some publishers using online passes and all that.

That’s sort of how Microsoft works it too, leaving it up to the publisher, only they handled it like fucking idiots by telling everyone that it’d be that way for every game.

• entire Nintendo section of E3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13D1I5s236o

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.