Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Ban/Jobban Request: Mr. Who

• Your BYOND key: Spheretech
    Your IC name: Crazy Ivan
    Your job: Geneticist
    The offenders BYOND key (if known): unknown
    The offenders ingame name: Mr. Who
    The offenders job: ESO
    Date/Time of incident: 8/6/2013
    Your story: (screenshots and concise chat log snippets can help) Hes just a horrible ESO. I was waiting for shuttle at escape and I randomly got shot by him, cuffed, and spaced.

• Your BYOND key: Spheretech
    Your IC name: Crazy Ivan
    Your job: Geneticist
    The offenders BYOND key (if known): unknown
    The offenders ingame name: Mr. Who
    The offenders job: ESO
    Date/Time of incident: 8/6/2013
    Your story: (screenshots and concise chat log snippets can help) Hes just a horrible ESO. I was waiting for shuttle at escape and I randomly got shot by him, cuffed, and spaced.

• he’s been an abusing faggot for a week now and aurora can’t job ban him.

i recommend job ban from ESO and corgi program.

• I fully support this, if not perma job-ban from ESO, a ban on Mr. Who. He shot up everyone trying to destroy the Malf AI and was completely ignoring what his primary objective is, which is to ensure security follows Space Law. He instead decided to play security’s job which is not what ESO is for. I actually registered just to support this which should show how bad of an ESO he was this round (needless to say he nearly got himself killed if the crew he shot didn’t save him from the AI’s lasers).

• Oh this. I remember this.

I had received lots of complaints that he was a changeling/traitor. So i tried to use the ESO shuttle airlock to check if he breathed in space. The shuttle either bugged out and i accidentally spaced him or he spaced himself. I did apologise at the end of the round. (by bugged out i mean he was on the space i wanted him to be, then i moved the shuttle thinking he would stay. Then when i moved it back to get him he was gone. Which actually means that while at the ESO station, he walked out into space or it somehow forgot to move him, which hasn’t happened to me yet.)

• @WitheredGryphon:

I fully support this, if not perma job-ban from ESO, a ban on Mr. Who. He shot up everyone trying to destroy the Malf AI and was completely ignoring what his primary objective is, which is to ensure security follows Space Law. He instead decided to play security’s job which is not what ESO is for. I actually registered just to support this which should show how bad of an ESO he was this round (needless to say he nearly got himself killed if the crew he shot didn’t save him from the AI’s lasers).

With this, i told the crew to card him. They refused. Did you guys know a carded malf ai cant run and hide? it also means you can check its laws and not just kill it outright. Always check an AI’s laws before killing it. Also I was STUNNING people (not killing) who were trying to kill the AI because they refused to card it.

Also that round I built 1 ED bot and 2 beebsky jrs. I set up the shield emitter to automatically block any attempts made to breach the armoury from the outside. I, with the wardens help, killed two people accused of being changlings who when choked didnt take any o2 damage (they didn’t gasp and it didn’t show up on the medical scanner and they didn’t make an attempt to refuse it)

So you can understand why when i talk into the captains office that had been thermited open for all to see i wanted to stun a few people who were trying to kill an AI without even trying to check its laws.

• @Lord:

With this, i told the crew to card him. They refused. Did you guys know a carded malf ai cant run and hide? it also means you can check its laws and not just kill it outright. Always check an AI’s laws before killing it. Also I was STUNNING people (not killing) who were trying to kill the AI because they refused to card it.

Also that round I built 1 ED bot and 2 beebsky jrs. I set up the shield emitter to automatically block any attempts made to breach the armoury from the outside. I, with the wardens help, killed two people accused of being changlings who when choked didnt take any o2 damage (they didn’t gasp and it didn’t show up on the medical scanner and they didn’t make an attempt to refuse it)

So you can understand why when i talk into the captains office that had been thermited open for all to see i wanted to stun a few people who were trying to kill an AI without even trying to check its laws.

Right so you broke your primary objective by: Not using lethal force except where necessary, ran off to play roboticist, didn’t realize the AI had already jumped to multiple APCs, and stunned people inside a deadly malf AI’s core. Yeah, great ESO.

• @Lord:

Did you guys know a carded malf ai cant run and hide?

You can’t card a malfunctioning AI.
    @Lord:

it also means you can check its laws and not just kill it outright.

You need to eliminate the AI to win a malfunction round.
    @Lord:

Always check an AI’s laws before killing it. Also I was STUNNING people (not killing) who were trying to kill the AI because they refused to card it.

As the RD who was in the office with the CMO thermiting in, I can testify you tased anyone who wasn’t the CMO. You didn’t mention carding it.
    As to why you would tase an RD attempting to get to the AI is beyond me, but considering nobody except me bothered trying to recover your body from the AI core kinda shows how fed up they were.

• Also why in God’s name would you want to check a malf AI’s laws? You know it’s malf and you can’t fix it so you kill it. There’s literally zero point in even attempting to check a malf AI’s laws. Its turrets were set to lethal and there were blue APCs so I honestly don’t know what was going through your head.

• auroradawn already confirmed him to be job banned last time I asked, yet admins cannot jobban ESO, only super admins / devs can.

lovely.

• His world in a nusthell:
    ESO>Space Law
    ESO>Everyone
    ESO>Freedom of Trial
    ESO>Griefing.

Basicly, hes an bad ESO thinking that he is the law.

• @WitheredGryphon:

Right so you broke your primary objective by: Not using lethal force except where necessary, ran off to play roboticist, didn’t realize the AI had already jumped to multiple APCs, and stunned people inside a deadly malf AI’s core. Yeah, great ESO.

This isnt my main objective. And I didn’t use and lethal force in the core. Also build secuirty bots makes secuirtys job much easier. Worth doing considering how much time it took me.

As for the ai thing. None of you even tried to card it. Which is the best way to 100% confirm malf. If it had just been messed with it could have been reset. I was doing the job of stopping you idiots going trigger happy against an ai who wouldnt open a door for you.

Also I usually do a decent job of ESO.  I usually sit in sec making sure prisoners are treated right. I dont just run away with my all access and make mechs. If im in an area doing secuity stuff I might help out by shoving people into cryo

Also I have never had an admin message me and I usually pm them before dicking anyone over too much. So I don’t see the problem

• Is anyone else thinking that having Judge Dredd roam the station is a bad idea?
    I was told that the ESO is allowed to execute people in the modified space law its mentioned that attacking an ESO gets you permabrigged which in other words leads to the fact that everyone who tries to stop the ESO from shooting someone by disarming him or something is to be put on Death Row.
    Have fun with that law loop. An ESO starting a bar brawl is allowed to execute and arrest anyone who dares to punch back.

• Most people get a single shot from the stun rifle from me. I rarely kill people unless I catch a changling. If they really piss me off ill arest them. If I dont have time because im busy ill just stun them a few times and strip some of thier stuff so they leave me alone

• Im sick of people who kill the ai before checking its laws just because it might be malf.
    And that round a couple hours ago where he killed a shitload of people he was made survivor by a wizard.
    Not saying he didnt do any of the shit that happened before, just saying.

• @DR.:

And that round a couple hours ago where he killed a shitload of people he was made survivor by a wizard.

This, I also told zoidcrab that I wasnt going to just blast securty first because then a lot more would have died. I gave you all a chance.
    Also for those who complain about griefing ESOs, just because you got arrested for being somewhere you shouldn’t or you were caught with stolen stuff (ill usually stun and strip people with sec gear on as non-sec) doesnt mean the ESO is griefing

• I have to say this: ESO is behaving very weird sometimes.
    Either they resort to action way too early, way too late or use lethal when its not necessary.
    In my opinion they need to re-select all the ESOs with care, preferably the people that have the most experience with security and those that are willing to guide them.

• ESOs job isn’t to intervene with the crew at all. That is if they have absolutely nothing else to do, THEN they help with the crew’s goals. Otherwise their only purpose it to oversee security making sure they follow Space Law. Lord clearly did NOT demonstrate this when he took off doing all of this other stuff on his own time (which the rest of the security crew was clearly capable of doing on their own).

• @WitheredGryphon:

security crew was clearly capable

• @DR.:

Not all of security is retarded believe it or not.

Users

Topics