Ambient sounds

• i was looking through the tg sourcecode and i came across some ambient sounds i remembered from where i played pleasure palace about a year ago. those really set the atmosphere a lot and we dont seem to get those on nox. im talking about the ambigen1-14.ogg sounds, that sounds like scary ass pulses of heartbeats that set the games atmosphere. for those who still dont know what sounds i mean, there is the “our customers are requested to make their way to the disembarkation lounge”, but thats just one sound, there is some good ambient music here too

is there any reason theyre not included on nox? or maybe im just down and dont hear them. although im sure that not ALL of those are included.

• i was looking through the tg sourcecode and i came across some ambient sounds i remembered from where i played pleasure palace about a year ago. those really set the atmosphere a lot and we dont seem to get those on nox. im talking about the ambigen1-14.ogg sounds, that sounds like scary ass pulses of heartbeats that set the games atmosphere. for those who still dont know what sounds i mean, there is the “our customers are requested to make their way to the disembarkation lounge”, but thats just one sound, there is some good ambient music here too

is there any reason theyre not included on nox? or maybe im just down and dont hear them. although im sure that not ALL of those are included.

• atmosphere is for RP servers.

this isn’t an RP server.

though it’d be ok if it was implented

• @Swagile:

atmosphere is for RP servers.

this isn’t an RP server.

though it’d be ok if it was implented

well i dont care for rp, im talking about like game atmosphere. not sure how to explain it.

either way itll be nice to have again, its just like 7 sounds that work the same way as the engineering ambient sound when you walk in. not sure why it got taken out

• the triggers for ambient sounds was sort of badly done which is likely what led to their eventual removal.

There’s certainly ways to do things right  but, effort.

• I can provide many ambient sounds if needed.

• would be cool to see more sounds for different items…dont you just love beating someone to death with a fire extinguisher and hearing that FWAPPUM, we could use more of those on high profile weapons, like the null rods, metal plates, floor tiles, metal rods, guns, rolling pin, etc. andyou can recycle most of the sounds, so you only need like 6 sounds or something

• I agree. I liked those sounds.

And no, atmosphere is not for RP. That’s a stupid thing to say. If you could add a non-shitty code for the trigger I have no problem with their return.

• if people want to get a large pack of item sounds together, go right on ahead, but please for my sanity keep some quality assurances in mind.

no static or background noise (kiddies doing their own recordings do not do them in large rooms or ones with fans in them)
    variations of the same sound are a good thing (punching for example has 3-4 sounds, and I think fire extinguishers have 2-3)
    everything should be converted to a .ogg file, they’re smaller while retaining quality and byond can play them unlike mp3 files. (Not sure if byond can play mp3 these days but it used to not be able to)

with those things in mind, go nuts, also be good if a small description of each sound is given so at a glance I can see what might suit what.

• Game Admins

@Numb3rs:

I can provide many ambient sounds if needed.

LOL

• The derelict station still has ambient sounds.

Funny thing is, the “our customers are requested to make their way to the disembarkation lounge” plays on it, despite having no power and being a Russian station.

• @Spurdo_KEK:

The derelict station still has ambient sounds.

Funny thing is, the “our customers are requested to make their way to the disembarkation lounge” plays on it, despite having no power and being a Russian station.

I am pretty sure I have heard some ambient sounds on NoX as well. The space one is still working for a start.

• When you step into a space tile, the lobby music starts playing. It’s pretty inspiring and fitting.

About the sounds submissions, I suppose we should take copyright into account and that we shouldn’t rip sound files from other games, right? they must be self-made?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.