Miner

• it sounds like goon station when i say it, but miners honestly need a vendor which, if you put materials on it, grant you the ability to make miner items, such as miner hardsuits, sonic jackhammer, etc, since most of the time, due to the shortness of nox rounds and general idiots, you won’t be able to get anything from R&D.

That, or allow the QM to buy said items, such as:

Drill crate: 20 points, 2 drills
    Sonic Jackhammer crate: 35 points, 1 jackhammer
    Diamond Drill crate: 50 points, 1 diamond drill

• it sounds like goon station when i say it, but miners honestly need a vendor which, if you put materials on it, grant you the ability to make miner items, such as miner hardsuits, sonic jackhammer, etc, since most of the time, due to the shortness of nox rounds and general idiots, you won’t be able to get anything from R&D.

That, or allow the QM to buy said items, such as:

Drill crate: 20 points, 2 drills
    Sonic Jackhammer crate: 35 points, 1 jackhammer
    Diamond Drill crate: 50 points, 1 diamond drill

• We have R&D, thus making R&D useless for miners.

• did you not read the thread, mister.

due to the shortness of nox rounds and general idiots, you won’t be able to get anything from R&D.

due to the shortness of nox rounds and general idiots, you won’t be able to get anything from R&D.

• Miners need a way to transport stuff faster to research not something to replace it. Maybe some sort of teleporter or USE THE PACKET SERVICE.
    The problem is that you need to rely on many people working to get everyone happy which doesn’t work as cargo techs only love security guns and insulated gloves which they steal themselves.
    Basically research has to promise the whole cargo bay to get a bag of holding which never works out without at least 4 singularities on the station to transport the stuff to research and back.

It would all be easier if the crew wasn’t on a me-me-wave and would do their job for someone else than just themselves.

• @Vanellope:

Miners need a way to transport stuff faster to research not something to replace it. Maybe some sort of teleporter or USE THE PACKET SERVICE.
    The problem is that you need to rely on many people working to get everyone happy which doesn’t work as cargo techs only love security guns and insulated gloves which they steal themselves.
    Basically research has to promise the whole cargo bay to get a bag of holding which never works out without at least 4 singularities on the station to transport the stuff to research and back.

It would all be easier if the crew wasn’t on a me-me-wave and would do their job for someone else than just themselves.

Miners can walk from the mining shuttle dock, through the front cargo office area, and up into the mail room. They have access to all three of these places. They can completely ignore cargo techs. They start with this access.

The only thing I personally keep wanting (Though I suppose nagging in suggestion threads instead of poking coders directly as I am able to do) is either a Supply-tuned intercom in the R&D office, or a few Supply encryption keys for R&D/Robotics to pop into their headsets so they can just directly poke people for ripley crates or gloves or metal or whatnot, and miners can directly poke back for plasma cutters/sonic jackhammers/the Ripley they never get.

• Miners have access to it? Awesome, I’ll get to use it next time.

• I have completely failed at figuring out how to make a non pirate radio intercom get tuned to the supple frequency, so I will probably also drop a few supply encryption radio keys in R&D/Robotics during rounds I’m on.

• @Antion:

I have completely failed at figuring out how to make a non pirate radio intercom get tuned to the supple frequency, so I will probably also drop a few supply encryption radio keys in R&D/Robotics during rounds I’m on.

You can’t set up radios on department frequency as they are too low and out of range of normal radios. I think normal radios only reach to 142.1 and the departments start at 135.9 and lower.
    The syndicate operative frequency is 121.5 or in that area which can’t even be reached by the AI maybe a telecomms modification might help.
    Should play AI more often to test this more but someone keeps cutting camera and deconstructing fucking up the telecommunications traffic controls maybe I should apply for CE then…
    For easy communication on the station you can use request consoles, PDAs and even set radios to private frequencies.

• @Vanellope:

You can’t set up radios on department frequency as they are too low and out of range of normal radios. I think normal radios only reach to 142.1 and the departments start at 135.9 and lower.
    The syndicate operative frequency is 121.5 or in that area which can’t even be reached by the AI maybe a telecomms modification might help.
    Should play AI more often to test this more but someone keeps cutting camera and deconstructing fucking up the telecommunications traffic controls maybe I should apply for CE then…
    For easy communication on the station you can use request consoles, PDAs and even set radios to private frequencies.

There’s a specific frequency for the supply radio, you can tune the Pirate Radio Station intercoms to the frequencies to listen in on departmental radio, and I have ~Lesser Game Admin Powers~ that let me force-tune an intercom lower than you normally can set it, and none of those things worked properly, so encryption keys it will have to be.

• @Swagile:

did you not read the thread, mister.

I am too lazy to read it perfectly. I say we’re fine as the way we’re fine without having this. 
    Unless, we can just have a special mining prolathe just for miners.

• @UnknownMurder:

I am too lazy to read it perfectly. I say we’re fine as the way we’re fine without having this. 
    Unless, we can just have a special mining prolathe just for miners.

Its actually possible to build a protolathe at mining sadly its a hell of a work its not connected to the research server and requires disks to get on a decent level also I don’t know the parts for the protolathe in my head.

• I meant a spawned one.

• @Vanellope:

Its actually possible to build a protolathe at mining sadly its a hell of a work its not connected to the research server and requires disks to get on a decent level also I don’t know the parts for the protolathe in my head.

2 Manipulators, 2 Beakers, 2 Matter Bins, all stock components in R&D. You need a protolathe and an R&D Console (Board,glass, wire, metal), both boards of which are in tech storage.

You then simply need your ID upgraded to R&D access (Which, without Science Wing access won’t let you break into there if the HoP is feeling skeevy) and you’ve got your own protolathe (Dependant entirely on R&D doing research and synching it to the server so you can synch up and get it yourself)

• @Antion:

I have completely failed at figuring out how to make a non pirate radio intercom get tuned to the supple frequency, so I will probably also drop a few supply encryption radio keys in R&D/Robotics during rounds I’m on.

Use NTSL to relay messages from the Common server to Mining and vice-versa.

• Miners have a shuttle that goes from cargo to the asteroid, right? why not put a shuttle port in the end of the hallways in the research division? there’s some room below toxins. The shuttle would travel from asteroid to research only.

Miners only have access to the shuttle room and the science halls, they can’t go inside any room.
    Scientists can’t go inside the shuttle room or activate the shuttle computer.

Miners now take resources straight to where they are needed, they just need to knock on robotics or R&D door. Put a desk facing the hallway so they can see right away that a miner arrived.

Is this viable? can this be abused somehow? my main problem with mining right now is that it takes time and by the time you actually have a decent load to bring back to the station, the emergency shuttle is either already called or docked. I rarely get to deliver my goods to research because I have to drop everything and haul ass to the escape shuttle.

Either this or make miners start with something better than a pickaxe so they do shit faster.

• Pickaxes could break all the windows and get into half of Research wing if they had access to the halls.

Again, miners have access to the mail room. Shipping shit between the two ends of the station should not be a problem if people actually utilize it (Also R&D/Robotics/Mining have to be active and communicate, HAH)

• there enough materials to quickly build a plasma cutter take only a few mins to get it researched at he same that same research get robotics ripley boards faster then cargo can deliver one.

• like ive said so many times so far, all the methods described in this thread require THE CO-OPEATION, NON-SHITTYNESS and actual WORK coming out of the research division besdies making bombs and releasing the slimes. this is impossible, making miner and obsolete job. this is why, when im a miner, i pray for a diamond drill and go find facehuggers, as I watch all my co-workers take a pickaxe and go robust security with it.

i really try and do my job, but when the people you have to deliver your goods to are either retarded, the people who can give you access so that you can make it un-retarded are retarded as well, or most of science are dead, then there is no point to legit mine anymore besides finding rooms / hoping for a face hugger.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.