Cyborg law breaking

• Your BYOND key: Hutchy2k1
    Your IC name: Chino Cocknipples (ID with voice changer)
    Your job: Atmos Tech (Traitor)
    The offenders BYOND key (if known): Unsure
    The offenders ingame name: Security Cyborg-322
    The offenders job: Cyborg
    Date/Time of incident: 19:00 EST
    Your story: (screenshots and concise chat log snippets can help)

I was traitor and had killed the Captain and assumed his position with the use of a voice changer. I also had came into possession of his spare ID. The AI eventually realised I was not acting in the best of the station and began to make life difficult for me so I headed to his chamber and made him more managemable. Now the basic conflict is that the law I uploaded ‘Captain is only human’ is not sufficient to protect me when I was wear the Captains main ID rather than the spare ID. I was wearing the Captains spare ID around this time only to avoid being tracked as best as I could but not long after uploading the law I switched after realising it made all chance of feigning innonence impossible when I clearly had a voice changer. So I had been given the objective to escape alone and I set about murderbonering with pride until Security Cyborg-322 stunned me and spaced me without a word. The admin (Antion) explained that my law was badly worded and I was not considered ‘Captain’ unless wearing the spare ID. My argument is simply that the AI and cyborgs could only have possibly defined ‘Captain’ as one thing, the man on the crew roster that is stated as such whom I was disguised as complete with voice changer.

Tl;dr Security Cyborg-322 stunned and spaced captain when he was wearing his main ID with the law ‘Captain is only human’ in effect.

• Your BYOND key: Hutchy2k1
    Your IC name: Chino Cocknipples (ID with voice changer)
    Your job: Atmos Tech (Traitor)
    The offenders BYOND key (if known): Unsure
    The offenders ingame name: Security Cyborg-322
    The offenders job: Cyborg
    Date/Time of incident: 19:00 EST
    Your story: (screenshots and concise chat log snippets can help)

I was traitor and had killed the Captain and assumed his position with the use of a voice changer. I also had came into possession of his spare ID. The AI eventually realised I was not acting in the best of the station and began to make life difficult for me so I headed to his chamber and made him more managemable. Now the basic conflict is that the law I uploaded ‘Captain is only human’ is not sufficient to protect me when I was wear the Captains main ID rather than the spare ID. I was wearing the Captains spare ID around this time only to avoid being tracked as best as I could but not long after uploading the law I switched after realising it made all chance of feigning innonence impossible when I clearly had a voice changer. So I had been given the objective to escape alone and I set about murderbonering with pride until Security Cyborg-322 stunned me and spaced me without a word. The admin (Antion) explained that my law was badly worded and I was not considered ‘Captain’ unless wearing the spare ID. My argument is simply that the AI and cyborgs could only have possibly defined ‘Captain’ as one thing, the man on the crew roster that is stated as such whom I was disguised as complete with voice changer.

Tl;dr Security Cyborg-322 stunned and spaced captain when he was wearing his main ID with the law ‘Captain is only human’ in effect.

• Creative AI using loopholes to stop what he probably (and i guess rightfully) thought was a shit captain.

Also if the AI and/or borg knew that you were not who you claimed to be then they didn’t do anything wrong.

• You literally wrote the law as “Captain is only human” while you were wearing the Captain’s Spare ID, which with a facemask, makes your name appear as “Captain”

You later switched to the main captain’s ID, which made you name not “Captain”, so they loopholed it to kill you. I told you this, and mentioned that you should have wrote it a bit differently (Simply adding the word “The” to the start would have saved you), and you still went and posted a ban request. Makes me sad  :ohmy:

• I don’t see how the AI could possibly have changed a variable which would have been so hardwired as ‘Captain’. I’m not trying to be petulant in posting I just wanted a second opinion as I found yours lacking as I explained and now that I have it i’m satisifed and will drop the issue.

• Logic time here:

Law: Captain is only human
    Situation: Person committing crime
    [Name check]
    Name: [insert name here]
    Name=Captain: No
    Therefore Human: No

• AI here… didn’t notice you weren’t the real captain. When I first read the law I thought of the position captain but then I decided that being given all access one humaning yourself is too easy and I then decided to read it as “Captain” is the only human. Don’t blame the cyborg I set that definition and the cyborgs wouldn’t have killed you if you were wearing the spare ID. Also I never announce new laws or how I process them. You had tons of time to think of a nice ironclad law but chose the lazy part and gave me freedom to read the law as I wanted to read it.

In short: I’m not a very friendly AI.

• Just as an aside for the last two posts. The AI is not a malicious entity and is not looking for an excuse to kill humans which seems to be your approach. It takes things literally, and the ambiguous nature of the law incorporates both the name ‘Captain’ and the rank ‘Captain’ so the attempt to logic by a previous poster is again fail. In reality the AI would consider both the rank and name human, sorry kids.

• Nanotrasen AIs are built by wiring the next idiot’s brain into a reinforced computer.
    Also you can’t expect that with all these retards on the station that the AI is sane. That round I had to correct the SMES settings 4 times because engineers love to set the power to 200000 input and output but don’t fill the plasma tanks to the max which makes these values impossible to reach.
    Also I got interrupted by “AI door” shouts while doing that which are followed by AI IS ROGUE shouts when I don’t open the door soon. Which on noxstation usually leads to someone thermiting in my core and killing me while I am not allowed to defend myself effectively.
    I don’t trust that crew at all which is why I broadcast EVERY communication on a hidden frequency.

But… every AI player is different and I can’t break laws just bend them. That is why you write strict laws.
    If you wrote “The Captain is the only human” this would be far less likely to be understood as a name. Best would be if you wrote “Chino Cocknipples is the only human.” Since that is a name that appears on the manifest and has definite traits to recognize you by like Captain’s clothes, Captain’s ID, his voice, the fact that its an actual physical being.

Anyway like I said. I will take every blame any cyborg did that round as I told them to serve the person with the name “Captain”.

• Just to point out that nowhere does it say that the laws reference names specifically which seems to be the point you are clinging to, you should have seen the implication of rank rather than being LOL NOW I CAN GET DIS GUY WIT MY BORG DUMB LAW LOLOLL. I know I can’t expect the AI to be perfect because it’s not the most popular job to my understanding but I think it’s reasonable to want an AI that is willing to work within the confines of his laws. AI is not about ‘bending laws’ such a concept should be impossible as regardless of the brain that is used asimovs laws are there to protect those defined as human in this case ‘Captain’ was human, and I hate repeating myself but the roster stated simply Chino Cocknipples = Captain and you still saw fit to have me spaced. Trying to be clever is one thing but violating laws is another in my opinion that was the case here and warranted a jobban but it is not shared by the admins so fair enough.

• He decided to be clever and kill you because he thought you were some idiot who got all access and decided to use it to kill everyone.

Also it ‘Captain is only human’ could also be read as ‘Captain is only human and it not part corgi/xeno/slime’

• @Hutchy:

AI is not about ‘bending laws’(…)the roster stated(…)

1. You’re right, AI isn’t about bending laws, it’s about interpreting laws. He interpreted the law correctly because YOU were too lazy to make it idiotproof. It’s like using computer instructions to tell someone how to make a sandwich. Do you just say ‘put peanut butter on bread’? No, because the person wouldn’t have a knife in his hands and, to interpret the instruction correctly in the first place, the person would have to spread the peanut butter with his hands. It’s the same thing here, you uploaded “Captain is the only human”. There was nobody named ‘Captain’, so to interpret the law correctly he would have to go by the ID title, Captain’s Spare ID. As soon as you took that ID off he was allowed to kill you because you were now an unknown.

If you wanted an idiotproof law then you should’ve uploaded “The last person to hold the job title of ‘Captain’ is the only human”.

2. The AI cannot read the roster last I checked. The roster has to be printed out and left where the AI can read it, or the HoP has to leave a head ID in the slot to let the AI access it (which obviously won’t happen unless the HoP is a rev or ling or whatever). Dammit Gibbed.

• The AI can view the crew manifest.

• It’s a shit law anyway, that thing can be interpreted six ways to Tuesday. If an admin told you straight up the AI/borgs were not breaking their laws by murdering you, then just take it - don’t bypass the decision. That’s like when you were five and you asked your mom for something, and she said no so you went and asked your dad the same thing. It NEVER worked, and it won’t work here either.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.