Changeling tester

• So, I managed to build a working changeling tester.
    It detects them by the fact that lings don’t breathe, thus they don’t make CO2.
    We were also able to confirm it works.

So the question is, would it be shitcurity to forcibly do random ling test when the security level is alleviated to allow random searches?

• So, I managed to build a working changeling tester.
    It detects them by the fact that lings don’t breathe, thus they don’t make CO2.
    We were also able to confirm it works.

So the question is, would it be shitcurity to forcibly do random ling test when the security level is alleviated to allow random searches?

• Administrators

You can also draw blood and ignite it.

• The genetics modifier knows when it got a changeling……

• Or take Changeling to Incinerator and let it burn for days as it tries to struggle to freedom.

• That tester was awesome

• @AtomiC:

You can also draw blood and ignite it.

I’m pretty sure that doesn’t work anymore.

But that gas tester is really cool. The genetics modifier test is broken I think, I’ve gotten a few adminhelps about people getting killed cause the geneticsts thought they had an extra block or were missing one, I dunno.

• Does using a Mass Spectrometer on their blood work as well?

• You know… all these questions could be cleared if you didn’t incinerate everyone on the slightest chance of being a changeling.

• @Vanellope:

You know… all these questions could be cleared if you didn’t incinerate everyone on the slightest chance of being a changeling.

But that is not the Nox way. Once the crew is hooked on a ‘Changeling’s’ scent there is nothing that can be done to stop them cremating them. Its quite funny sitting down in Engineering hearing about people being cremated, counting how many have been got rid of and seeing how many times more people have been butchered than were actually changelings (Extra points for are scored when none of the actual lings have been cremated).

• Compared to other servers, Nox is by far the easiest to test for changelings on. On other servers, changelings don’t have space immunity, thus you can’t do the following:

Six laser shots in the head until the suspect is on critical. Yes he taking respiratory damage [this is the part on which you use a health analyzer]?
    Yes: Give him some kelotane.
    No: KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

• why does throwing someone in a room full of co2 make me think of the salem witch trials

• You could also force someone to use an airtank filled with CO2

• @Nernums:

why does throwing someone in a room full of co2 make me think of the salem witch trials

Actually the room was filled with air, there was a scrubber filtering the CO2 under the test subject.
    Normal humans would produce measureable amount of CO2 on 10-20 seconds while lings would make none.

• I kind of wondered if the stethoscope would work.  Do changlings have heartbeats?  I’ve never had a stethoscope when I had a confirmed changling.

• I decided against blood testing. It’ll be the new syndicakes if it was added.

• I could see lings using their blood to start fires

• The thought of a ling tester seems to “OP”. But what I thought would balance it out is that there should be either one or two on the entire map. Lets say it was one then the HoS would only have it. If there were 2 then the Captain and HoS would have one. The ling tester would only be a 5 time use or so. There will be no other way of getting it except the ones that the Captain, Hos or maybe even both.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.