Jobbanned from Geneticist

• Your BYOND Key: LoneSoldier55
    Your IC name: Gordon Freeman
    Your job (syndie?): Geneticist
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): Geneticist Job Ban
    Your previous bans: None
    Who banned you: Unknown
    Reason provided: "Mourging/Bagging bodies brought to Genetics instead of cloning/healing them"
    When you were banned: Approximately 2-3 days ago.
    Ban length: Infinite
    Why you think you were banned: Improper assessment of the situation
    Why you should be unbanned: There was a very large tide of bodies coming in to be cloned, probably upwards of 6 or more waiting to be cloned. I would take a body, stuff it in the scanner, and scan it a few times. If I got “Mental Interface Failure”, then I would wait a couple of seconds, maybe 15 or so and try a few more times. If not, I would bag the body and mourge it, seeing as the player gets a message telling them their body is trying to be cloned. Many players were braindead, but then again, I cloned a couple that wern’t.

If there were any better ways to handle this situation, please do tell. And if It’s possible, can you Unban me from the Geneticist job? Thanks for your consideration.

• Your BYOND Key: LoneSoldier55
    Your IC name: Gordon Freeman
    Your job (syndie?): Geneticist
    Your previous bans: None
    Who banned you: Unknown
    Reason provided: "Mourging/Bagging bodies brought to Genetics instead of cloning/healing them"
    When you were banned: Approximately 2-3 days ago.
    Ban length: Infinite
    Why you think you were banned: Improper assessment of the situation
    Why you should be unbanned: There was a very large tide of bodies coming in to be cloned, probably upwards of 6 or more waiting to be cloned. I would take a body, stuff it in the scanner, and scan it a few times. If I got “Mental Interface Failure”, then I would wait a couple of seconds, maybe 15 or so and try a few more times. If not, I would bag the body and mourge it, seeing as the player gets a message telling them their body is trying to be cloned. Many players were braindead, but then again, I cloned a couple that wern’t.

If there were any better ways to handle this situation, please do tell. And if It’s possible, can you Unban me from the Geneticist job? Thanks for your consideration.

• You might wana look at this http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=16659.0 and hurry and redo this before it gets instantly denied for wrong format.

• Thanks for the Heads-up, changed to the proper format.

• Ok, this is kind of an eye-opener for me. Can I get a sanity check? I’m trying not to be a ShitDoc™ doing emergency cloning triage after the geneticists have all gone braindead.

Brain dead means they’ve logged out of the server or closed the window and probably will return? –> Put them in a non-public area so they don’t get mobbed?
    Catatonic means they typed ghost and WILL NOT be able to reenter their body? --> Do not clone, morgue/hand over to chef?
    Dead and lifeless means they’re ghosted and CAN return to their body when prompted? --> Attempt to scan for cloning and WAIT for the ghost to return?
    Brain appears to be missing means they’ve been borged/MMI’d? --> Morgue/hand over to chef?

• @Atlanta:

Ok, this is kind of an eye-opener for me. Can I get a sanity check? I’m trying not to be a ShitDoc™.

Brain dead means they’ve logged out of the server or closed the window and probably will return? –> Put them in a non-public area so they don’t get mobbed?
    Catatonic means they typed ghost and WILL NOT be able to reenter their body? --> Do not clone, morgue/hand over to chef?
    Dead and lifeless means they’re ghosted and CAN return to their body when prompted? --> Attempt to scan for cloning and WAIT for the ghost to return?
    Brain appears to be missing means they’ve been borged/MMI’d? --> Morgue/hand over to chef?

Genetics is the one thing I know nearly nothing about how it works. However, I believe what you have said is the correct way to deal with each state.

• @Atlanta:

Dead and lifeless means they’re ghosted

You’re half correct; Dead and lifeless means they’ve been beaten to death and MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be ghosted, but can still be cloned. It’s entirely possible for you to see this message if they’ve not even ghosted (for example, you were right next to them before they lost consciousness and they got optimistic about their death).

As for genetics, there’s a book you can read next to the cloner labeled with a clock icon.

• @commandhat:

You’re half correct; Dead and lifeless means they’ve been beaten to death and MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be ghosted, but can still be cloned. It’s entirely possible for you to see this message if they’ve not even ghosted (for example, you were right next to them before they lost consciousness and they got optimistic about their death).

As for genetics, there’s a book you can read next to the cloner labeled with a clock icon.

What about if it says, “Their eyes are dead and lifeless, and their soul has departed”?

• They’ve died and then left the server, they will be unable to be cloned even if they re-enter the server.

You can also see this message if the player you’re attempting to clone has been dead for 30 in-game minutes. By then the body has likely rotted or rendered unusable, but if they’re preserved (e.g. locker in space or freezer), this might happen.

• @LoneSoldier55:

Reason provided: “Stealing LIVING PATIENTS from doctors trying to save them, then throwing them in the morgue after cloning doesnt work since they aren’t even fucking dead”

God damn at least put in something that is near what was written

• @Nernums:

God damn at least put in something that is near what was written

That was the quote I got from an Admin in game, Antion.

If this was because that assistant was getting the shit beat out of him by a botanist with a mini-hatchet, then I mourged him because nobody was going to save him because most people agreed he was just beating the shit out of anyone he saw, then Fuck. I took him back out of the mourge after that.

If it’s not because of that, I know how to check if someone is Alive or dead, and I had plenty of medkits on me anyhow. I don’t stuff living bodies in the cloner.

• Unless you were unjobbanned and rejobbanned for another issue, you had taken a person who was in crit from the sleeper area where someone was trying to be a good doctor, and then dragged them while still alive to the cloners.

I was watching the entire time, and I was like “Fucking Really?”

• @Nernums:

Unless you were unjobbanned and rejobbanned for another issue, you had taken a person who was in crit from the sleeper area where someone was trying to be a good doctor, and then dragged them while still alive to the cloners.

I was watching the entire time, and I was like “Fucking Really?”

I don’t ever remember taking someone from the sleeper to the cloners. And if you’re putting someone who’s in crit into a sleeper, you ought to be demoted to an assistant. I’m pretty sure the sleeper is a pretty slow way to heal someone from crit, and a Medkit or the Cryotoobs are a much more reliable way to heal someone in critical condition.

If I seriously fucked up as Geneticist, I apologize. I decided to play Geneticist just to man the cloning pod, seeing as hardly anyone else does. It was my objective to get as many people back into the game as possible, as quickly as possible. I assumed anyone with Mental Interface Failure were players that went AFK after they ghosted, as they had a good time and notice to get back into their bodies. If none of these arguments can get me unbanned, can the ban at least be changed to a temporary instead of a permanent job ban? The only things I really know how to do as a Geneticist are use the Cloners and the basics of Genetic Modification.

• @LoneSoldier55:

I don’t ever remember taking someone from the sleeper to the cloners. And if you’re putting someone who’s in crit into a sleeper, you ought to be demoted to an assistant. I’m pretty sure the sleeper is a pretty slow way to heal someone from crit, and a Medkit or the Cryotoobs are a much more reliable way to heal someone in critical condition.
    I am a bad doctor and dont know basic medical

you’re right you are a bad doctor and don’t know basic medical.

inaprovaline to stabilize the patient, bruise pack to remove a huge chunk of the 200+ force done to his face or chest from a grey shirt.

Its not hard being a doctor and it amazes me that people fuck it up by thinking that you need to use chemicals and shit

• @Nernums:

inaprovaline to stabilize the patient, bruise pack to remove a huge chunk of the 200+ force done to his face or chest from a grey shirt.

Its not hard being a doctor and it amazes me that people fuck it up by thinking that you need to use chemicals and shit

Nobody uses inaprovaline. Just bruse pack and maybe Dexalin/suck on their face a few times and they’ll be fine.

• @Nernums:

Except half the time 2-3 medical doctors raid the fucking med storage room and take 1-2 of every medkit, the Chemists are busy making napalm in the same container, Geneticist is busy giving their monkies Tourretes, and the CMO is filling his Hypospray with cholral Hydrate, injecting random people, and yelling at everyone to get Suit Sensors on, but never actually goes to retrive anyone.

Medical is just filled with people not being helped. And sure I didn’t help the situation at the point, but I can probably do a better job than most.

• Game Admins

it’s been long enough, i’ll unban you from the jobs when i see you online (or any other admin)

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.