Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Research Director

• So I was talking to Absynth about the access the RD has over the Robotocist, and we both agreed the most annoying thing, is that a robotocist has access to TECH storage, while the RD, who overrules most of the technology on the station, doesn’t.

It’s been like this for a while, but its only now dawned on me to use the suggestions board to possibly fix this.

• So I was talking to Absynth about the access the RD has over the Robotocist, and we both agreed the most annoying thing, is that a robotocist has access to TECH storage, while the RD, who overrules most of the technology on the station, doesn’t.

It’s been like this for a while, but its only now dawned on me to use the suggestions board to possibly fix this.

• Yeah that is pretty odd, although gaining access to it isn’t exactly an issue I suppose since some assistant always welds through the wall in the first 3-4 minutes to get yellow gloves.

RD should still have access though, as well as access to the secure boards in the back of that room

• And first door to EVA, as it contains supplies for robotics, which is rare to get as cargo is fucking around / miners not there / no cyborg willing to mine, etc.

• Give all heads access to the tech storage already.

• @Spurdo_KEK:

Give all heads access to the tech storage already.

Keep that freaking Head of Security out of the Tech Storage.
    But yeah that little problem comes from the days when Robotics was still part of engineering and that is why the Chief Engineer HAS access to tech storage as he was part boss of robotics.

I wonder if the Chief Engineer can still go into Robotics…

And yes: Give the Research Director access to this place.

• What can the HoS do if he has tech-storage access? such happening never crossed my mind.

• @Spurdo_KEK:

What can the HoS do if he has tech-storage access? such happening never crossed my mind.

One sentence: Security with crew monitor… okay that would be awesome

Also they can actually build an autolathe and make bullets for a revolver if they catch a traitor with one. The possibilities are endless with enough computers

• HoS suddenly becoming mini-RD / fucking boss with RD computers and exosuit / GYGAX PARTY

• in other words, security actually having the equipment people are supposed to be supplying them with? sounds nifty

• Quartermasters are to supply people instead they hack Mulebots and run over people as I speak or go braindead because HoP won’t give you a Job Change.

• I figured it was because he can make just bout everything in tech storage where robotics will have to go to tech storage to do that. I hardly ever use tech storage now with the research items that were added in.

• Its not the HoS job to research shit when he should be making sure sec isnt shitting up the station.

• Give RD access to Tech Storage, possibly including the High Risk stuff at the back of it. Not sure why this has not been done already.

Users

Topics