A Team Play RTS

• This isn’t a suggestion or something I wanted made just a wild idea I had to spark some conversation about our favourite gamemode.

Building:

Like many other RTS your base will start with a main building which would be the Core from Assault. From it you would build your units and choose what additional building to start. The resource to build all these things would be collected mana.

You can obtain mana by building mana capacitors next to mana obelisks scattered around your starting area and the rest of the map.

To build more advanced buildings and units you will need to research them with your Core instead of having to build a structure for that purpose like most RTS do. Example: research anti-vehicle technologies to unlock Juggernauts, MDB Towers and anti-vehicle abilities for your units like Fire Sprites for Dark Mage.

Structures are built by Crafter units and can only be completed or repaired by them unless some kind of automated building research exists. Crafters have their own attacks to defend themselves but not very effective compared to other units.

Units:

Every class from Retro Team Play will be a spawnable unit and have similar rolls and abilities. Even removed (Initiate, Keeper) and never added (Spell Saber) classes will make an appearance. The main difference is some units and abilities are only unlocked through research from the Core.

Each unit has their own unique weapon which affects how they attack and at what range. More weapons can be unlocked through research and some will be shared between units just like Team Play. Example: Short Sword research would be a requirement to spawn Dragoons and unlock the option to spawn Warrior units equipped with a short sword.

Each unit will start out with one or two abilities and will require research to unlock more. Those that fall in the same category will be unlocked with just one research. Example: Pyromancy research would unlock Fire Bolt for both the Mage and Wizard.

Units unlocked from the start would be Initiate, Keeper, Crafter and one more depending on which faction you choose (you start with the research for that unit for free). The rest has to be researched. Having every unit available should be easy but unlocking every research for one would take time and resources.

Hero units:

Each unit would have a hero unit variation available through advanced research. They will have similar abilities to the unit its based on but will be a lot tougher and have unique traits. You will be limited to one or two hero at a time.

Hero unit names and abilities are based on Noxiousnet players known for playing that class in Team Play. Example:

Hero: Skiazo
    Class: Archer
    Weapon: Deadeye Bow (shots fired can’t stray from the target)
    Abilities: Longer range version of the Archer unit’s abilities that can’t miss.

Hero: Atheos
    Class: Dragoon
    Weapon: Fiery Short Sword (melee hits with this weapon ignites the enemy)
    Abilities: Stronger version of the Dragoon unit’s abilities and no limit on the flight ability.

Hero: Skirdge
    Class: Wizard
    Weapon: Frotchet (melee hits with this weapon deal additional cold damage)
    Abilities: Electric and cold based spells such as Lightning, Protrusion and some unique abilities.

Factions:

Just like in Team Play, you will be able to choose from one of the four factions. Dun-Mir, Galava, Ix and Necromancers.

Depending on which faction you choose, you will start with a different unit research for free. Dun-Mir: Warrior research, Galava: Wizard research, Ix: Conjurer research, Necromancers: Dark Mage or Zombie research (not sure which would fit best).

Well that’s about all I can think of right now. Feel free to post your own random ideas because I’m sure not everyone would agree these would be good for an RTS or even Team Play as an RTS at all.

• This isn’t a suggestion or something I wanted made just a wild idea I had to spark some conversation about our favourite gamemode.

Building:

Like many other RTS your base will start with a main building which would be the Core from Assault. From it you would build your units and choose what additional building to start. The resource to build all these things would be collected mana.

You can obtain mana by building mana capacitors next to mana obelisks scattered around your starting area and the rest of the map.

To build more advanced buildings and units you will need to research them with your Core instead of having to build a structure for that purpose like most RTS do. Example: research anti-vehicle technologies to unlock Juggernauts, MDB Towers and anti-vehicle abilities for your units like Fire Sprites for Dark Mage.

Structures are built by Crafter units and can only be completed or repaired by them unless some kind of automated building research exists. Crafters have their own attacks to defend themselves but not very effective compared to other units.

Units:

Every class from Retro Team Play will be a spawnable unit and have similar rolls and abilities. Even removed (Initiate, Keeper) and never added (Spell Saber) classes will make an appearance. The main difference is some units and abilities are only unlocked through research from the Core.

Each unit has their own unique weapon which affects how they attack and at what range. More weapons can be unlocked through research and some will be shared between units just like Team Play. Example: Short Sword research would be a requirement to spawn Dragoons and unlock the option to spawn Warrior units equipped with a short sword.

Each unit will start out with one or two abilities and will require research to unlock more. Those that fall in the same category will be unlocked with just one research. Example: Pyromancy research would unlock Fire Bolt for both the Mage and Wizard.

Units unlocked from the start would be Initiate, Keeper, Crafter and one more depending on which faction you choose (you start with the research for that unit for free). The rest has to be researched. Having every unit available should be easy but unlocking every research for one would take time and resources.

Hero units:

Each unit would have a hero unit variation available through advanced research. They will have similar abilities to the unit its based on but will be a lot tougher and have unique traits. You will be limited to one or two hero at a time.

Hero unit names and abilities are based on Noxiousnet players known for playing that class in Team Play. Example:

Hero: Skiazo
    Class: Archer
    Weapon: Deadeye Bow (shots fired can’t stray from the target)
    Abilities: Longer range version of the Archer unit’s abilities that can’t miss.

Hero: Atheos
    Class: Dragoon
    Weapon: Fiery Short Sword (melee hits with this weapon ignites the enemy)
    Abilities: Stronger version of the Dragoon unit’s abilities and no limit on the flight ability.

Hero: Skirdge
    Class: Wizard
    Weapon: Frotchet (melee hits with this weapon deal additional cold damage)
    Abilities: Electric and cold based spells such as Lightning, Protrusion and some unique abilities.

Factions:

Just like in Team Play, you will be able to choose from one of the four factions. Dun-Mir, Galava, Ix and Necromancers.

Depending on which faction you choose, you will start with a different unit research for free. Dun-Mir: Warrior research, Galava: Wizard research, Ix: Conjurer research, Necromancers: Dark Mage or Zombie research (not sure which would fit best).

Well that’s about all I can think of right now. Feel free to post your own random ideas because I’m sure not everyone would agree these would be good for an RTS or even Team Play as an RTS at all.

• How to win: stack wizards

• So as I understand it you begin each map with everyone starting as crafters? And therefore the decision to research the first class is made tactically. Who decides what gets researched then, since that’s possibly too much of a game changing decision to have someone fuck it up. No doubt you’ll get people that force the team to research wizards because “wizards are best class”

• @Elite:

So as I understand it you begin each map with everyone starting as crafters? And therefore the decision to research the first class is made tactically. Who decides what gets researched then, since that’s possibly too much of a game changing decision to have someone fuck it up. No doubt you’ll get people that force the team to research wizards because “wizards are best class”

I imagine it to be a traditional 1vs 1 type thing rather then something in the style of savage

• @Elite:

So as I understand it you begin each map with everyone starting as crafters? And therefore the decision to research the first class is made tactically. Who decides what gets researched then, since that’s possibly too much of a game changing decision to have someone fuck it up. No doubt you’ll get people that force the team to research wizards because “wizards are best class”

Pretty much what Lord said but if each unit was controlled by a player then obviously you’d have more options available to you.

• Right so you’re thinking of this as a separate mod or game, rather than a gmod game mode hosted by NoxiousNet?

• Or we can just make an RTP RP server and pretend we’re playing RTP.

• We could RP an RTP RTS

• /votewizard

!ban Reteris reason:“being mean to new players”

• @StratocasterTB:

/votewizard

!ban Reteris reason:“being mean to new players”

I am a good and nice man now

• can I be the conjurer please?
    bob sapp should be the warrior obviously

actually can I just be these specific spells: slow, shock, pixies

• I’m thinking we do an Age of Empires thing here with technology trees and different ages you can evolve to.

Research battle axe
    Research Vulture Bomber skybox abuse
    Advance to GM12 age
    Advance to Teamstackian age

• Hero: M4 Sherman
    Class: Engineer
    Weapons: Engineer’s pistol and wrench
    Abilities: Will relentlessly chase all who come near its buildings, dealing 2x damage until either party has been killed and does not suffer the morale loss experienced by engineers whose buildings have been destroyed

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.