Quarantine game mode.

• I was reading a few topics today and kinda came up with an idea for a quarantine game mode. The game would start off and a couple people in different departments would randomly get infected with a virus, maybe like the Rage virus from 28 days later. It would make the person rabid and want them to attack anyone in sight. Infected would be able to move faster and have more damaging attacks, once they bit someone that person would become infected to over a period of time, kinda like if they got hit with a toxin it takes time to spread thru the body.
    The only way to stop infected is by killing them, security would have to work to try and quarantine different areas of the station to contain the outbreaks. I figured when the outbreak happens there would be a biohazard message kinda like blob and shit like that. I figured when the outbreak happens a couple of ballistic crates with combat shotguns could spawn in the armory so sec would have a better chance to fight it, plus some lights would blow out in the station to also give infected more stealth and make the game mode more scarey. This could be a pretty cool game mode and would be kinda like zombies, because, you know, everyone fucking loves zombies. Thanks guys =)

• I was reading a few topics today and kinda came up with an idea for a quarantine game mode. The game would start off and a couple people in different departments would randomly get infected with a virus, maybe like the Rage virus from 28 days later. It would make the person rabid and want them to attack anyone in sight. Infected would be able to move faster and have more damaging attacks, once they bit someone that person would become infected to over a period of time, kinda like if they got hit with a toxin it takes time to spread thru the body.
    The only way to stop infected is by killing them, security would have to work to try and quarantine different areas of the station to contain the outbreaks. I figured when the outbreak happens there would be a biohazard message kinda like blob and shit like that. I figured when the outbreak happens a couple of ballistic crates with combat shotguns could spawn in the armory so sec would have a better chance to fight it, plus some lights would blow out in the station to also give infected more stealth and make the game mode more scarey. This could be a pretty cool game mode and would be kinda like zombies, because, you know, everyone fucking loves zombies. Thanks guys =)

• How do you have a gamemode like this and not have virology involved?

• You could have them research a cure by collecting “patient zero” (better hope for a cure) or any infected (much lower chance) which could then be harvested into an injection, bomb, gas or whatever it takes to get it around the station and to win you either cure or kill everyone infected. Escape shuttle cannot be called otherwise the whole quarantine thing would be pointless.

Just what I would do if I was making a gamemode like this. There would have to be a way for virology to be involved in something like this.

• honestly, i could see half the station trying to get infected to infect them so they could kill everyone in sight.

either then that, sounds pretty fun.

• @Swagile:

honestly, i could see half the station trying to get infected to infect them so they could kill everyone in sight.

Make it so that there is that only 1/3 of the people who get infected are themself turned as zombie.
    Other 1/3 will be some other palyer who is already dead.
    And the remaining ones will be “mindless” zombies who just attack/chase any humans they see.

This should stop people from getting themself infected on purpose, while still encouraging them not to be too “heroic” on their last moments of life and utterly ruining the newborn zombies round.

• Please no zombie mode.

• If you get infected, a random ghost takes controll of your body.

@Spurdo_KEK:

Please no zombie mode.

Come up with one single reason.

• Not crazy about this idea. Too much possibility of metagaming and requirement for security not to be shit.

• @Talha:

If you get infected, a random ghost takes controll of your body.

That ruins the round for whoever gets infected though. Screws over whoever gets infected. And what if, say, a 2-year veteran captain gets infected, and gets soul-swapped with a 1st round lolrobustthings assistant? Plus character stealing sounds like a terrible idea in general.

• We do have a zombie sprite, no? Also, the infected probably shouldn’t be able to hold guns and all that, unless they held it in life. (still can’t fire the weapons, tho)

• I don’t think everyone would try to get infected. On LLA server they did zombie rounds here and there and alot of people would actually band together and hole up and defend parts of the station (mainly the brig) while trying to find other survivors and rescuing them. There was also a limited amount of cures that would spawn in a medkit like box that could be used. I think people would love the idea of being able to fight off hordes of zombies rather than just trying to get infected.

• Then you would have to have it so there is something that would make you really not want to become a zombie or whatever it would be. In the end it would just be like a rev round except with dead people.

• To me being able to kill zombies is a pretty good damn reason to not be one, especially if sec helps arm people with guns and armor. This game type would kinda rely on people trying to work together to survive and end the infection.

• ss13 zombies is not a new idea

• No one said it was? I’m suggesting a new game mode for Nox so actual suggestions on how we could do this would be nice

• We only have a few developers and most of them are already planning some gamemodes. No point in suggesting them for the time being.

Though I’ll add that the team will be more than happy discuss such ideas if you’re willing to help code (and to a lesser extent sprite) for them. In that case, PM me on the forums.

• pretty much as zet said.

also, I was at one point working on a full out zombie conversion, but it was much more ambitious than just a game mode, you might be able to find shreds of information at d2k5 and bs12’s respective sites. ( a rediculous amount of spriting was needed as well as mapping work, not to mention the ai directors and stuff)

If I was at home I’d be able to upload some of the basic screenshots to show you.

• If I knew how to code I would… if you guys gave me a run thru on what to do i’d be more than happy to help

• I don’t think we need more game modes that can only end once the lazy crew has finished an objective: One of the main reason why people hate revolutions.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.