Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

[idea] Replace HoP's head status with QM

• I’m tired of job banning HoPs that upon round start:

ignore their job to raid the armory and disappear somewhere on the station
    ignore their job to play supercop
    ignore their job to go be completely incompetent in another department (going into research and doing something incredibly stupid and now the whole wing is on fire, for example)

so here’s my idea:

Make QM a station head.
    Rename HoP to something like Human Resources Director or something, since it’ll still be over all of the civil duty jobs, but QM will be the head above the HoP.
    The Captain’s ID computer remains the same, but the others will be redone so that they’re department specific and one will be in each head’s office (HoS can assign security, CMO can assign doctors, etc).

• I’m tired of job banning HoPs that upon round start:

ignore their job to raid the armory and disappear somewhere on the station
    ignore their job to play supercop
    ignore their job to go be completely incompetent in another department (going into research and doing something incredibly stupid and now the whole wing is on fire, for example)

so here’s my idea:

Make QM a station head.
    Rename HoP to something like Human Resources Director or something, since it’ll still be over all of the civil duty jobs, but QM will be the head above the HoP.
    The Captain’s ID computer remains the same, but the others will be redone so that they’re department specific and one will be in each head’s office (HoS can assign security, CMO can assign doctors, etc).

• i like the idea but this would never work on nox station, i doubt any of the heads will ever bother using the ID computer, the HoS will continue executing the clown for getting peeled, and the CMO will be sitting in chemistry making chloral hydrate

we should try it though, but i don’t see why the QM would be over the resources director since he manages the imports and exports

• having computers that are able to assign basic job types in the various head offices available wouldnt be bad thing at all, we had some on d2 and it worked well for the most part, since you didn’t need to rely on some guy who got murdered 6 minutes in by the clown who is now at large with a fully access ID while you can’t assign more officers

• But I enjoyed playing HoP.

• benjy you should be playing barman

• Allow botany to provide me with an unlimited source of mint. One in every four drinks or so was a Mojito. Good times.

• fun fact mints will instantly gib fat people

hence why the chef spawns with a mint in his kitchen

Users

Topics