Couple things for armory.

• I suggest that you add teh following things to armory:
    1 security hardsuits and oxygen jetpack - because nothing sucks as much as begging to be let in eva to get gear when the assistant start breaking in from space.
    1 oxygen canister - for refills.
    1 fully loaded toolbox, including multitool - Because 1 assistant with toolbox and/or tables could potentially lock the whole sec inside.
    1 Note from the CE - Explaining the wires on doors, and possibly apc’s. Because you cant expect the sec to know what to do, mainly meant for emergencies.
    1 pair of insulated gloves - just in case, and maybe to fix the electrified grilles.
    More donuts - No shitcurity until donuts are gone.
    Stack of metal - Fixing the greytide.
    Stack of Glass - as above.
    10 sheets or more of reinforced - as above.
    Couple more barriers - Because the 3 are bare minimum to keep the assistant from walking in from maintenance. Couple more for cells for broken cells would be more than welcome.
    1 of every type of medkits - just in case

Sure some of these might make it easier for shitcurity, but personally I believe most of the shitcurity isn’t because of the people playing sec, at least not completely.
    To me it would quite often seem that shitcurity is more often caused by the people who keep rambling about the shitcurity while assaulting the officers un-provoked when they are just doing their job.
    And breaking out and helping real criminals. With these items added it would hopefully be at least slightly easier to keep the brigs intact and operational, as well as to keep the officers healthy.

• I suggest that you add teh following things to armory:
    1 security hardsuits and oxygen jetpack - because nothing sucks as much as begging to be let in eva to get gear when the assistant start breaking in from space.
    1 oxygen canister - for refills.
    1 fully loaded toolbox, including multitool - Because 1 assistant with toolbox and/or tables could potentially lock the whole sec inside.
    1 Note from the CE - Explaining the wires on doors, and possibly apc’s. Because you cant expect the sec to know what to do, mainly meant for emergencies.
    1 pair of insulated gloves - just in case, and maybe to fix the electrified grilles.
    More donuts - No shitcurity until donuts are gone.
    Stack of metal - Fixing the greytide.
    Stack of Glass - as above.
    10 sheets or more of reinforced - as above.
    Couple more barriers - Because the 3 are bare minimum to keep the assistant from walking in from maintenance. Couple more for cells for broken cells would be more than welcome.
    1 of every type of medkits - just in case

Sure some of these might make it easier for shitcurity, but personally I believe most of the shitcurity isn’t because of the people playing sec, at least not completely.
    To me it would quite often seem that shitcurity is more often caused by the people who keep rambling about the shitcurity while assaulting the officers un-provoked when they are just doing their job.
    And breaking out and helping real criminals. With these items added it would hopefully be at least slightly easier to keep the brigs intact and operational, as well as to keep the officers healthy.

• the sec hardsuits are a MUST, just because people blow up brig every other three rounds, every two if we get constant lol antags (cultists, rev, etc), and every round if there is no admuns on or stealthmins.

the medkits are needed since space law mandates that you have to heal prisoners. we start with three bruisepacks, which is shit, and is for perma brigged prisoners.

if not, have a sleeper / cryo chamber for sec and prisoner personell.

the toolbox and insulated are a good thing to have, but would make them OP against a malf AI unless they’re using the engi borg tactic.

barriers, PLEASE. especially when ass-istants blow up the fuel tanks at the glass windows to brig cells.

note from CE is not necessary as people playing sec are assumed (hahahaha) to have actual knowledge of how to hack, so they can distinguish from emagged doors or just plain hacked into ones.

• @Swagile:

the toolbox and insulated are a good thing to have, but would make them OP against a malf AI unless they’re using the engi borg tactic.

I doubt 1 toolbox and 1 pair of gloves would make a big difference.

• play assistant with insulated gloves.

and actually know how to hack / decon most items on the station, and you’ll know what I mean.

• Or use them to make stungloves and instead carry ointment.

• @Swagile:

play assistant with insulated gloves.

and actually know how to hack / decon most items on the station, and you’ll know what I mean.

I actually usually play assistant, and insulted gloves are overrated.
    Normally I only “need” gloves to test  the wires on door, vender.

The only times when you really need insulted gloves is when the doors are shocked, you are shocking the said doors, cutting cables on maintenance or for actual repairs.
    And yes if you actually know how to hack things you don’t need insulated gloves.

But anyways, the reason why I said it would not make a big difference is the fact there are also tons of tools readily available, and quite a few insulated gloves as well.
    And if it becames such a big threat, AI can always bolt the armory with bullshit reason of protecting humans.

• Just rush to EVA, get hardsuit + metal and build a freaking stun turret in space next to armory. Keeps everything away that isn’t a nuke operative.

But seriously armory needs an improvement it even pisses me off how easy it is to break in from space and lure all security officers into a death trap while they are desperately trying to get their guns back. A really really embaressing event that happens every round.

• Still, it’s funny. People always chooses me to go up and fight people from space and then I tase them and they float away and dies soon after or luckily lives.

• I’ve always thought the brig could use a medkit, so many prisoners come in all beat the fuck up and half dead and theres no medkit in sight, not to mention how much sec gets attacked. Jetpack and hardsuit would deffantly help to, especially against nuke ops. About the metal and glass and tools n shit I disagree just because the fact you pretty would be beating engineering out of their job and what they do, you already got enough shit to do as sec, why run around repairing everything to. Just add more barriers like you said to help fix breaches in the brig

• The brig used to have a medkit up near perma. There’s still several bruise packs and ointments on the table there though. I guess they didn’t want sec to have a health analyser/inaprovaline syringe?

(ESOs have a medibot on their shuttle that they could theoretically bring down to the station if they’re feeling nice)

• Game Admins

it’d be nice to have sec hardsuits in sec instead of shitty ass eva

• @DoctorDrew:

it’d be nice to have sec hardsuits in sec instead of shitty ass eva

when i feel like raiding armory, making a madrush to the sec hardsuits takes about a tops of three, low of two minutes to get one of the sec hardsuits, especially if you have a toolbelt.

might as well move it to sec as assistants usually roll in them instead of sec

• Ive seen more Assistants in Sec Hardsuits than actual Sec Officers. Id say moving the Hardsuits to the Armory is a good idea.

As for the Medical supplies. Honestly disagree. If Sec wants Medical stuff, they can go get if from Medical Storage, or bug Robo/Cargo to get them a Medibot.

• So basically security should have everything available on the station in their department to compensate for their incompetence… except the solution isn’t to give incompetent players more stuff they can’t use.

The only thing I would do is move security hardsuits to the armory, but they’ll be stolen too because warden or hos is usually too dumb to pay attention to the station’s only cache of high-quality armor and weapons.

• eh i shove all the guns and useful actual stuff that kills shit into wardens locker, but thats just me.

• @Swagile:

eh i shove all the guns and useful actual stuff that kills shit into wardens locker, but thats just me.

good way to get job banned/demoted

• lolwhat. its wardens responsibility to make sure the guns are safe. have you even played warden lord?

• Taking all the weapons and hiding them is stupid. Just do your job as the warden and shoot anyone who tries to take weapons out the armoury that inst either the HoS or the Captain.

• thats not stupid, thats smart. putting it in a locker stops it from grey tide with their shit hardsuits, and stops sec officers running in to grab guns. warden usually is busy with brig, not armory, so its in plain view if all his guns are in the locker.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.