Loose Singularity

• The singularity is an incredibly powerful and unstoppable force which can wipe out the whole station in minutes.
    It can be easily set loose by an assistant, traitor, power shortage and whatnot, so I think it should self-destruct after growing to a certain size. When it self-destructs, it will still cause some damage, maybe equal to a bomb?

What do you think?

• The singularity is an incredibly powerful and unstoppable force which can wipe out the whole station in minutes.
    It can be easily set loose by an assistant, traitor, power shortage and whatnot, so I think it should self-destruct after growing to a certain size. When it self-destructs, it will still cause some damage, maybe equal to a bomb?

What do you think?

• no, just no.

we have competent engineers that can turn off power and let it die on its own for a reason.

if they’re not competent, they wouldn’t have been able to turn on the engine in the first place.

• No. Even if the singularity is set free, it usually only destroys a little bit of engineering then gets lost in space. While you’re at it you might as well suggest making slimes unable to hurt people because oh no, someone might get hurt!

• You can also bomb the singularity to to get rid of it.

• There are plenty of ways on how the singularity can not be loose if the engineers are around. They just have to finally learn on how the emitters and the whole system works.
    Some people on this server are really in the stone age compared to other more advanced players and consider the singularity as some kind of space magic… the chaplain even can build a religion around it.
    If you understand how a singularity works you can safely harness its power and of course use it to destroy the station.

It exploding would cause the engineers to care even less about the singularity as it wont live long enough anymore to destroy the whole station (except the singularity explosion would be a way to end the game but then everyone looses when the singularity is loose destroying the purpose of the singularity beacon which exists to safely weaponize a singularity)

• the best part about retard-gineers not understanding how to set up the singularity, is that its the dumbest type of engine, you don’t need to understand anything, just set it up and follow the steps.

back on d2 we were using a tonne of different designs for atmos based engines, and you’d have things happen like running out of fuel, full out sabotage, or pipes bursting from the pressure being too high, resulting in fire all over engineering.

I dare not bring such things to nox, we’d be without power every round for ages.

• Dat 100%

Black holes don’t just disappear after they grow enough, they just keep growing as they should.

Why do you hate fun so much?

• Leave it as it is. I am fine with having a method to destroy a Singularity, like how we currently can bomb it. But having it die on its own ruins a fairly big objective for traitors looking to blow up the station.

• Yeah i think its good as it is now.
    I remember like over a year ago when the singularity was really deadly because it didn’t shrink at all and usually flew into the station instead of space. Nowdays its usually a lot smaller and when it gets loose not by traitor it has smaller chance to actually hit the station.

• Theres no need to change it, or you can just move Engineering far away from the Station so Singularity doesn’t riot upon it.

• @UnknownMurder:

Theres no need to change it, or you can just move Engineering far away from the Station so Singularity doesn’t riot upon it.

Even if we move Engineering away from the station, like a secondary hull, and connect it to the station via a corridor, nothing stops the singularity from coming to the station again. In the current location, the singularity can easily reach all of medbay and science and sometimes the escape arm, you can’t move Engineering far away enough to not eat those without making it pretty much another station, which would be pointless.

I just want someone to do something about the lag. Is it even possible to reduce it?

• The best idea would be to educate our engineers… if they were willing to work.

• Give them a book to read and follow instructions, not to mention Space Law is also included a rule that crew members have to work.

• Leave it how it is.

A competent Engineer has no problems keeping the Singularity under control.

• The particle accelerator should auto adjust to the size of the singularity. Emagging the console should disable it.

• You can just keep the power strength at 0, while it is on. Then don’t touch anything else as the Singularity is running.

• Reponses with “Just learn how to play” is the worst thing you can post and should be treated as a void post.

You avoid the fact that there will ALWAYS be griefers. And griefers posing as ignorant players. (I didn’t know lol)
    You can’t teach players because there will ALWAYS be a constant stream of new players.
    Engineers will NEVER hang around engineering.

• @UnknownMurder:

You can just keep the power strength at 0, while it is on. Then don’t touch anything else as the Singularity is running.

This works, however the Singularity will SLOWLY grow with it still on 0. This only really effects really long rounds, and even so any competent Engineer would check the console and the Singularity every so often anyway to check for ‘issues’.

Just seen AtomicC’s post: This is true on the whole. But I have to disagree slightly with your last point. Some Engineers (Me being one of them, with me usually playing as CE) will only leave Engineering for very brief periods of time and will always return ASAP. With a decently sized Engineering staff it is easy to get at least one Engineer to stay in Engineering to keep an eye on things. But yes, griefing is a issue and at times there can be only one person playing Engineer who would have to go off and repair things.

• black hole the size of a peanut would be the mass of the earth so a black hole that size would be the weight of jupiter. I vote that if the singularity escapes the entire station gets pulled toward it instantly.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.