ESOs, what they are, what they do

• The one issue with the ESOs is that there is no clear-cut written down definition of what their duties are, where they fit in the command rank, and what special rights they have. Tonight, I’ve had to deal with numerous complaints about an ESO using lethal force for relatively minor provocations because Dent told them “An ESO can kill anyone who attacks them”, which chafes my bunions. Other times, there’s a big clusterfuck because the Captain/HoS/ESOs are having a dickwaving contest and nobody can figure out if they’re equal to the HoS, the Captain, or above them both.

Can someone(Dent) please give a bit of clarity on this so everyone knows how to handle issues with ESOs?

• The one issue with the ESOs is that there is no clear-cut written down definition of what their duties are, where they fit in the command rank, and what special rights they have. Tonight, I’ve had to deal with numerous complaints about an ESO using lethal force for relatively minor provocations because Dent told them “An ESO can kill anyone who attacks them”, which chafes my bunions. Other times, there’s a big clusterfuck because the Captain/HoS/ESOs are having a dickwaving contest and nobody can figure out if they’re equal to the HoS, the Captain, or above them both.

Can someone(Dent) please give a bit of clarity on this so everyone knows how to handle issues with ESOs?

• Basically it’s like this

ESO>YOU

• I will be making a wiki page for this shortly.

ESO follows CentComm and Space Law.
    Their role is to ensure the entire station is secure. How they go about that is up to them (bodyguard for a head, being a regular beat cop, etc).
    They are officially outside the normal chain of command.
    They technically have the authority to kill anyone who attacks them. It’s not advised as a first action, but I don’t mind downgrading this to a perma brigging to cut down confusion.

The ESO that goes lasering somebody to death because they tried to disarm them is an idiot. The one that lasers somebody to death because they’re being hit with a gas tank or something deserves it.

• generally, elite security officers are there to get rid of shitty security officers. most of the time they should treat the crew better than a normal security officer was, and should go to the highest extent of not endangering themselves to use nonlethal methods; that is why they are there, to be what security actually should be; elite security officers should also not kill confirmed antagonists if they have done nothing harmful to the station, excluding changelings and nuclear operatives

i based them around how i used to play security officer; arrest retards that are griefing and permabrig them, don’t ever use a lethal laser unless it’s a changeling/traitor/imminent death, try to be as helpful to the crew as possible by healing prisoners or something like that, and if i do end up killing someone that isn’t griefing, such as a changeling or operative, debrain them and send them to the roboticist

oh yeah, another thing: traitors who have been caught used to be able to be cyanide implanted and let loose upon the station again, for a second chance to not try to kill everyone and everything, and upon the radio message that the person hears, the implant gets activated and is killed on the spot, unfortunately implants don’t do that in /tg/ station, and i don’t even know how they work currently

(also: their secret purpose is to protect the clown at all times, that is the true reason that i made the job for)

• I have never had any issues implanting griefers with a chemimplant with 50 units of welding fuel as warden.
    Well, except until they become hungry and the implant begins to leak.

• griefers should just be killed, nobody cares about them

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.