More power consumption

• Currently, you only need a single competent engineer in order to give the station much more power than it needs. A 100% set up singularity engine is more than enough to supply everything in the station, and the solars alone can keep the station with everything it needs.

Is there any way to make power production and consumption more important? most of the time there’s no need to conserve energy, save for those times when the station has no (good) engineers.

I don’t really want to just raise the power consumption of the already existing equipment, that would be cheap. I want something else to suck energy from singulos, perhaps the gateway?

• Currently, you only need a single competent engineer in order to give the station much more power than it needs. A 100% set up singularity engine is more than enough to supply everything in the station, and the solars alone can keep the station with everything it needs.

Is there any way to make power production and consumption more important? most of the time there’s no need to conserve energy, save for those times when the station has no (good) engineers.

I don’t really want to just raise the power consumption of the already existing equipment, that would be cheap. I want something else to suck energy from singulos, perhaps the gateway?

• this is a silly idea, the station does not need to be any more fucked up, the singularity is dangerous as hell and can be sabotaged if someone knows how to, and we need that extra power in case the engineers fuck up so there’s time to set up the solars to keep the round running semi smoothly

• A single engineer in the start of the round can quickly go set up the solars and only deal with singulos later. Or ignore singulos completely and go solely on solar power.

Sabotaging the singulos can be easy depending on your knowledge and access, but sabotaging the solars is a lot harder. You need to either destroy a good chunk of all four solar arrays or destroy the little room that contains the SMES cell and the tracking computer, and even then you can re-build the solars or wire it directly into the network if there’s no SMES cell.

Besides, a little planning can make singulos un-sabotageable. You turn on the engine as usual, wait until the SMES cells are full, and turn off the engine. This way there will be no singularity to let loose. You can then turn it back on again when the charges are low and repeat the process. Get a cyborg or the engineering security to keep an out on it while it’s on and there’s virtually no breach to release the singulos. Depending on the round, three 100% charged SMES cells can last the entire game, with no need to turn it back on, even less if you’re running the solars too.

The only guaranteed way to mess with the station’s power supply is to use a power sink.

• engineers hardly do any work anyways.

• @Septavius:

engineers hardly do any work anyways.

I guess that’s another guaranteed way to mess with the station’s power supply.

• solars are easy to mess up just cut the wires. a few have been figuring out how to make repairing wire more annoying by cutting them next to a reinforced wall so you have to take apart the wall to fix the wires. engs usually dont have much do after power set up besides fix windows unless a bombs goes off.

• Fixing windows is a job for atmos though

• Atmos techs dont get eva gear.

• Kirbyroth, even if the person must take apart a couple reinforced walls, it doesn’t take long, and you can still just wire around it. Sabotaging the station’s power suplly is pretty close to impossible if you have decent engineers and no power sink.

• engineers usually just fuck off with hardsuits to look cool in their gear when they’re being sucked dry in a maint tunnel by a ling. sometimes an assistant actually does the whole of the engineering sections job, even with maxed out station engineers and CE job taken.

so no, don’t. rounds are fast anyways, most lasting at a max of one hour. and engineers are usually fixing holes in space, like already said, due to bombings, clown, mime, and assistants fucking everything up. (and lets not forget chemist with his thermite)

• Are we even playing in the same server? whenever I’m in the engineering team the people there always set up the singulos and some even volunteer to do the solars.

Only one or two fuck off and don’t do their jobs.

• @Spurdo_KEK:

Sabotaging the station’s power suplly is pretty close to impossible if you have decent engineers and no power sink.

Sabotaging the station’s power supply is pretty damn easy and will take ages to fix, even with many engineers working.
    You just have to get insulated gloves and wirecutters, then take a hike around the maintenance and cut all the wires.

• They can lay wires about the same it takes for you to cut it.

Even then, you’ll need to travel through all maintenance shafts to do this.

• Laying wires is a lot slower, especially if you do it properly without knots.

• on top of that, most engineers wear their hardsuits 24/7 so their slower then the grey tide, and said grey tide will cut wires EVERYWHERE, so you have to check every single nook and cranny or your shit outta luck.

and i play the same rounds. bad engineers are worse then bad sec. you can robust sec, but you can’t bring back a singolo eating the entire station.

• Administrators

You can lure a singularity around with an engineer’s body.

• Very rarely, when there’s ONE competant engineer and the rest aren’t, and the other fools let the sing out through no traitorous activity whatsoever, I’ll delete the loose singularity. When I do that (Or if the sing just runs south and vanishes), there are enough materials in secure engineering storage (And more orderable from QM if need be) to rebuild and restart the engine.

But please, instead of arguing about engineering being bad, give suggestions on potential new High Power Consumption tools of fantastic science that could potentially be implemented.

• @Swagile:

most engineers wear their hardsuits 24/7

There are only two suits, plus the CE’s. The miners are the ones who wear their suits 24/7.

The gray tide must get insulated gloves before going around cutting wires. Outside of engineering, how many insulated gloves there are? (considering cargo isn’t handing them out like candy)

• you’ve obviously never played assisstant as gloves are crazy easy to get.

but on another topic

science can research an engineer and energy gun that can suck the power out of power cables that are connected to APC’s, straight from the APC itself, and from power cells. this removes the need for a recharger for the egun, but it zaps energy, so it requires, maybe insulated gloves, due to the shock value.

engineer gun can take out power, but the catch is that you can put power cells into the gun, charging said power cell, or you can redirect the power in the engineer gun into exposed wires which can overload APC’s, or simply charge them, or the engineering gun can be applied directly to APC. if emagged, the engineering gun can completely zap energy from an APC, and can overload APC’s, making the functions of the APC go hay wire, aka suddenly spouting out plasma from enviromental, and lights flickering randomly on and off, making people panic.

these are just suggestions off the top of my head. got it off the idea of how ninja’s recharge their suit.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.