Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Jean-Luc KEK jobban appeal

• Your BYOND Key: Spurdo_kek
    Your IC name: Jean-Luc KEK
    Your job (syndie?): Captain
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): Jobbanned
    Your previous bans: none
    Who banned you: Nermus
    Reason provided: nernums (?) stop being a dick why did you kill me AS THE CAPTAIN you can’t just kill those ranks
    When you were banned: Not 10 minutes ago
    Ban length: perma
    Why you think you were banned: Because I complained, because I didn’t thought he was funny
    Why you should be unbanned: Because I did nothing at all to deserve a job ban

I was on my way to medbay when I slipped on some space lube being spread around by an assistant, when I was on the ground some dude Hue Jay Rekshun forced me to swallow some pills.

Hue Jay Rekshun attempts to force Jean-Luc KEK to swallow the steponemini pill.
    Elsa Vel Steyr  [145.9] says, "Mime to HoPs"
    Hue Jay Rekshun forces Jean-Luc KEK to swallow the steponemini pill.
    Hue Jay Rekshun attempts to force Jean-Luc KEK to swallow the steptwo pill.
    Jean-Luc KEK says, "WHAT"
    Hue Jay Rekshun forces Jean-Luc KEK to swallow the steptwo pill.

This is what he forced down on me

At first the screen started to rainbow so I thought he had just fed me some space drugs, but after a few seconds I went unconscious and started to go into critical, until I finally died. I adminhelped about it and AuroraDawn told me I should complain to Nermus because he’s the one playing the character that killed me and that he was probably testing something or just being a dick. I adminhelped again saying that he can’t just kill the Captain like that just because he felt like it. A few seconds later I received a job ban notice saying I’m banned from playing Captain, with the reason being a ctrl+c and ctrl+v of my adminhelp. The job ban was issued my Nermus.

I seriously hope this forum isn’t a hugbox and that you’ll help me get things straight and nice as they were before, since I never had admin troubles.

• Your BYOND Key: Spurdo_kek
    Your IC name: Jean-Luc KEK
    Your job (syndie?): Captain
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): Jobbanned
    Your previous bans: none
    Who banned you: Nermus
    Reason provided: nernums (?) stop being a dick why did you kill me AS THE CAPTAIN you can’t just kill those ranks
    When you were banned: Not 10 minutes ago
    Ban length: perma
    Why you think you were banned: Because I complained, because I didn’t thought he was funny
    Why you should be unbanned: Because I did nothing at all to deserve a job ban

I was on my way to medbay when I slipped on some space lube being spread around by an assistant, when I was on the ground some dude Hue Jay Rekshun forced me to swallow some pills.

Hue Jay Rekshun attempts to force Jean-Luc KEK to swallow the steponemini pill.
    Elsa Vel Steyr  [145.9] says, "Mime to HoPs"
    Hue Jay Rekshun forces Jean-Luc KEK to swallow the steponemini pill.
    Hue Jay Rekshun attempts to force Jean-Luc KEK to swallow the steptwo pill.
    Jean-Luc KEK says, "WHAT"
    Hue Jay Rekshun forces Jean-Luc KEK to swallow the steptwo pill.

This is what he forced down on me

At first the screen started to rainbow so I thought he had just fed me some space drugs, but after a few seconds I went unconscious and started to go into critical, until I finally died. I adminhelped about it and AuroraDawn told me I should complain to Nermus because he’s the one playing the character that killed me and that he was probably testing something or just being a dick. I adminhelped again saying that he can’t just kill the Captain like that just because he felt like it. A few seconds later I received a job ban notice saying I’m banned from playing Captain, with the reason being a ctrl+c and ctrl+v of my adminhelp. The job ban was issued my Nermus.

I seriously hope this forum isn’t a hugbox and that you’ll help me get things straight and nice as they were before, since I never had admin troubles.

• I don’t see what you did wrong.

• Did you perhaps consider that Nernums was a rev trying to kill you?

I don’t think complaining about it is jobbannable though unless you were a huge dick about it, such as spamming ahelp.

• @commandhat:

Did you perhaps consider that Nernums was a rev trying to kill you?

It wasn’t rev. And I wasn’t a huge dick on adminhelp, unless Nernums has soft feelings.

I’m still waiting for my jobban lift.

• Regardless of how he reacted, he didn’t deserve a job ban for a legit complaint.

Don’t punish people for using a function in the game that is all that gives us admins something to do, sheesh.

• he pm’d this "nernums stop being a dick why did you kill me AS THE CAPTAIN you can’t just kill those ranks "

being the captain doesn’t make you unkillable, and if you think it does you should not be captain

/thread

• e: nevermind

• Nernums, were you a traitor or an antag?

If no, it was grief. If yes, why didn’t you just told me right away?

By the way, Aurora told me you were testing shit so I thought it was on purpose.

• no, it was blatant grief and I don’t deny that

but you clearly deserved it from your reaction to it

• “I griefed BUT HE OVERREACTED SO ITS JUSTIFIED”

That’s also literally the same response every single captain has when they’re killed. By your logic you should jobban every single Captain, most Heads, some Engineers, most Assistants, and quite a few Janitors because “I got griefed by the admin waaaaa”.

• thats not what I said at all but Alright.

• Nerny, despite how he reacted, if you decided to kill him for fun and he got butthurt about it, it’s understandable. If it was a non admin we would have gibbed the killer and left it at that, not ban the victim from captain for admin helping. Wee shouldn’t punish people for appropriately using a function that is exclusively there for us to help people.

Now if he spammed the complaint I could understand it because that shit is annoying.

• @Nernums:

he pm’d this "nernums stop being a dick why did you kill me AS THE CAPTAIN you can’t just kill those ranks "

being the captain doesn’t make you unkillable, and if you think it does you should not be captain

/thread

You know, on further pondering of this, KEK does have a point. Admingriff is all well and good, but admingriffing a Station Head for no reason is kinda shitty. Being that half our server has a hard time typing coherent english, the way he worded it wasn’t the best, and I understood the reaction. Had he said that because he was randomly killed by a pub assistant, yeah sure, but since he learned that his killer was a fooling around nonantag admin, his irritation has merit.

• @Nernums:

no, it was blatant grief and I don’t deny that

why the fuck are you admin.

• @Septavius:

why the fuck are you admin.

+1

• @Nernums:

no, it was blatant grief and I don’t deny that

Wow, so you just grief him, then ban him when he complains about you being an asshole? Reminds me of 2 nights ago when you banned a guy for a complaint, then literally had 20 people screaming on OOC about how you blatantly abused your admin, which forced you to unban the person you had wrongfully banned. This person isn’t fit to be an admin, obviously.

• I didn’t know this was a grief server.

Good to know.

• it is somewhat a grief station, but when admins grief like this, its p shitty.

i can handle a normal assistant / scientist, etc griefing me, as i can grief back, but when people with responsibility (AI, security, admins) grief you, its pretty fucking stupid and shitty.

• step 1: griff like you did before being a dev
    step 2: answer a rediculous adminhelp in an appropriate fashion
    step 3: find thread
    step 4: be honest
    step 5: lol

I should also mention that you guys get griffed by all the admins, just I don’t bother giving myself super powers or wizard spells or alien like they do

I’m doing it on your level

Users

Topics