Unban Request

• Your BYOND Key: lemonicetea2
    Your IC name: Edward Teach (I was AI though, dont remember the default AI name)
    Your job (syndie?): AI
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): Game
    Your previous bans: None
    Who banned you: Absynth
    Reason provided: Metagaming
    When you were banned: 15 days ago
    Ban length: Permanent
    Why you think you were banned: Metagaming as AI and letting someone change my laws
    Why you should be unbanned: I don’t think this was deserving of a permaban. I can understand a permanent AI job ban from this, but I feel like this should have been a normal timed ban as a warning since I’ve never gotten in trouble on the server before. It’s been about half a month now, and I feel like I’ve definitely learned my lesson, considering I’ve almost completely stopped playing ss13 because of this. I’m not gunna get banned again if I get let back on the server.

• Your BYOND Key: lemonicetea2
    Your IC name: Edward Teach (I was AI though, dont remember the default AI name)
    Your job (syndie?): AI
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): Game
    Your previous bans: None
    Who banned you: Absynth
    Reason provided: Metagaming
    When you were banned: 15 days ago
    Ban length: Permanent
    Why you think you were banned: Metagaming as AI and letting someone change my laws
    Why you should be unbanned: I don’t think this was deserving of a permaban. I can understand a permanent AI job ban from this, but I feel like this should have been a normal timed ban as a warning since I’ve never gotten in trouble on the server before. It’s been about half a month now, and I feel like I’ve definitely learned my lesson, considering I’ve almost completely stopped playing ss13 because of this. I’m not gunna get banned again if I get let back on the server.

• Just make a new account like everyone does. Or at least explain what happened in more detail than “metagaming as AI”.

• Well I rather like this account, so I’ll try to explain a bit more

I was on Skype with a friend of mine and we went the server and I happened to be spawned as AI, and since it was the first time I had played as AI I was checking out what i was able to do and everything. I read my laws and asked him if there was any way to alter them, and i let him into my chamber and just let him screw around with stuff in there while I helped people on the station. He told me he found how to change my laws and set himself as the only human and from there I just kind of followed that law.

He was permabanned as well. I think the only people I actually killed were a changeling, but there might’ve been someone I didn’t see. I’m just aggravated that I wasn’t given a warning ban or a job ban before being permabanned

• yeah we don’t bother with warnings for shitty metagamers

metagaming is probably the worst offense you can do on our server if it involves fucking with other players, like you did.

• Yes, and I understand that (or at least now I do). I just mean I feel like I should at least be given a second chance, seeing as how it was my first time for this sort of thing and I’ve learned from my mistake. Metagaming isn’t a habit of mine or something I do to intentionally fuck with/grief people; in fact this was the first and only time I had metagamed with any sort of bad intention, and was only one in a couple times I had metagamed at all.

While I had been talking to my buddy on skype, I started up the game with the sole intention of playing the game normally; the only reason we started talking about in-game stuff or even continued talking was because I had asked him how to be AI, otherwise I would’ve stopped skyping him.

• Your friend should probably make a thread if he hasn’t already, but I’ve unbanned you since you seem like a pretty chill bro  8)

I bet you own a fedora

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.