Alien(Xenomorph) added as an actual Game Mode

• Something that has been discussed many times i am sure. However i see no suggestion for it in this section of the forum, so i decided to make one. From what ive seen, Aliens can spawn as a random event, burst from dumb/griefing Miners, or via Admins. Considering how popular the role is, i think adding it as an actual Game Mode would be a positive change.

As for my ideas for the game mode…

Two Alien Larvae spawn at the start of the round. Randomly selected from the people who have the Alien antag role enabled. They will spawn on the Abandoned Mining Station, located on the Asteroid used by Shaft Miners.

The objectives:

1. Infest a % of the station with Weeds. This could trigger a countdown, or an alert for the crew to eradicate the Weeds before Centcomm intervenes. Perhaps at certain %, Centcomm would disable shuttle calling.

2. Birth a certain number of Aliens. This can be live, or dead. For balance purposes live seems better. However this is just an optional objective. Not something that triggers victory.

3. Have a Queen on the escape shuttle/pods. To infest Centcomm, obviously. This would be a major victory condition.

Those are just my ideas. Not all of them need to be used, but i thought they sounded interesting.

Victory conditions for the humans could be eliminating the Aliens, killing the Queen and her Drones, or just simply escaping on the shuttle.

For balance reasons, Queens could be limited to the original two Larvae only. This would force them to play more…conservatively, rather than rushing in alone. Along with the objective for a Queen to escape to Centcomm, it could allow for a “stealth Xeno” rather than just “Infesting Xeno” every time.

That is my idea for an actual Alien round. It isnt great, so please add feedback/changes and discuss.

Also in addition. This mode could tie into a Predator Mode. As Predators have been known to exterminate Xenomorph infestations. They would be a random event, and spawn once an infestation gets too serious for humans to deal with. It could work like Nuke Ops. Their goal would be to destroy the station, or kill the Queen(s).

That is everything i got.

• Something that has been discussed many times i am sure. However i see no suggestion for it in this section of the forum, so i decided to make one. From what ive seen, Aliens can spawn as a random event, burst from dumb/griefing Miners, or via Admins. Considering how popular the role is, i think adding it as an actual Game Mode would be a positive change.

As for my ideas for the game mode…

Two Alien Larvae spawn at the start of the round. Randomly selected from the people who have the Alien antag role enabled. They will spawn on the Abandoned Mining Station, located on the Asteroid used by Shaft Miners.

The objectives:

1. Infest a % of the station with Weeds. This could trigger a countdown, or an alert for the crew to eradicate the Weeds before Centcomm intervenes. Perhaps at certain %, Centcomm would disable shuttle calling.

2. Birth a certain number of Aliens. This can be live, or dead. For balance purposes live seems better. However this is just an optional objective. Not something that triggers victory.

3. Have a Queen on the escape shuttle/pods. To infest Centcomm, obviously. This would be a major victory condition.

Those are just my ideas. Not all of them need to be used, but i thought they sounded interesting.

Victory conditions for the humans could be eliminating the Aliens, killing the Queen and her Drones, or just simply escaping on the shuttle.

For balance reasons, Queens could be limited to the original two Larvae only. This would force them to play more…conservatively, rather than rushing in alone. Along with the objective for a Queen to escape to Centcomm, it could allow for a “stealth Xeno” rather than just “Infesting Xeno” every time.

That is my idea for an actual Alien round. It isnt great, so please add feedback/changes and discuss.

Also in addition. This mode could tie into a Predator Mode. As Predators have been known to exterminate Xenomorph infestations. They would be a random event, and spawn once an infestation gets too serious for humans to deal with. It could work like Nuke Ops. Their goal would be to destroy the station, or kill the Queen(s).

That is everything i got.

• I don’t think we really need an alien specific gamemode, especially since i fear it would just be more of an call the shuttle instantly on the first xeno sighting.
    Also getting on the station would be really annoying if were to start at the abandoned mining station.

But since its every so often wanted maybe just have a really small chance for “alien antag” during normal changeling and/or traitor rounds.
    Not sure if it should be spawned at the start or have an increasing chance for it to spawn longer the round last to help end those rounds that just keep going on and on.
    ie.
    Have it start at 10% chance at 20 minutes mark and after that check it every 10 minutes with 10% increase in chance.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.