[WIP]zs_champion

• I have permission from the mapper (Yanzl) to use his assets. > : (

zs_champion, for lack of a better naming convention, pits you against a unified horde whose class is determined by current infliction. There are no carpenter’s hammers. There are no arsenal crates. Just you running around a small arid coast island with, say, 50 bloats/ghouls/whatever the current infliction determines (it goes in tiers of 10%.)

Infliction unlocks scattered weapon crates as well. There are two supply rooms to unlock for points. A rescue helicopter is automatically called in when a player reaches 300.

See, I have an issue. Some textures are black until I look at them with a flashlight. I’m guessing this is unrelated to the .VMTs and is a lighting issue in hammer. Help would be appreciated.

dl: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98907096/valley_d.rar

• I have permission from the mapper (Yanzl) to use his assets. > : (

zs_champion, for lack of a better naming convention, pits you against a unified horde whose class is determined by current infliction. There are no carpenter’s hammers. There are no arsenal crates. Just you running around a small arid coast island with, say, 50 bloats/ghouls/whatever the current infliction determines (it goes in tiers of 10%.)

Infliction unlocks scattered weapon crates as well. There are two supply rooms to unlock for points. A rescue helicopter is automatically called in when a player reaches 300.

See, I have an issue. Some textures are black until I look at them with a flashlight. I’m guessing this is unrelated to the .VMTs and is a lighting issue in hammer. Help would be appreciated.

dl: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98907096/valley_d.rar

• Map is great for survival like your IRL Fasties would be worse if its in 10% but its good :)

• Is it something to do with the prop shadows? I highly doubt it would, looking at the actual size of them but it only seems to be happening around the trees. Try disabling it if you haven’t tried already.

• The texture issue is most likely due to you using model textures on a world brush.

• Is there any errors reported during compile or in-game about the blendtexture you are using?

• Those trees are probably casting huge lightmap shadows for some reason. Disable them from casting shadows and it should work.

• @Someone:

Those trees are probably casting huge lightmap shadows for some reason. Disable them from casting shadows and it should work.

Its because valve made horrible collision models for those trees.

• Using advanced compile options in VRAD will probably improve those shadows. Use -textureshadows, -staticproppolys, and -staticproplighting

Tutorial

• What is the planned progression of class unlocks?

• I love maps that butcher the gamemode

• @Deathfire54:

Using advanced compile options in VRAD will probably improve those shadows. Use -textureshadows, -staticproppolys, and -staticproplighting

Tutorial

It’s also possible to disable shadows for the props. But they won’t cast any shadows at all then. The properties you gave will increase VRAD compile time, wouldn’t recommend that for big maps.

• I would disable shadows on all of those trees, then create func_detail brushes approximately the same shape as the tree trunks, which would use the ‘Block Light’ texture.

See this page for details - https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Advanced_Lighting#Shadow_creation

The trees could use fading distances if they haven’t already got them, but I guess since you have fog (and a decent fog at that) you could just use the Z clip plane option in the fog options window.

Looks nice so far though, and has a good concept, sorry if anything I have said is stuff you already know :V

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.