Unjobban request

• Your BYOND Key: Paro Clomas
    Your IC name: Manuel Garcia O’Kelley (Heinlein rules)
    Your job (syndie?): Borg
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): jobbaned from borg and ai
    Your previous bans: NONE
    Who banned you: Antion
    Reason provided: NONE AT THE MOMENT then i figured out he didn’t agree as to how i interpreted my hacked law
    When you were banned: Yesterday
    Ban length: Permanent i think

Hey my BYOND account is Paro Clomas i was jobbaned from borg and ai, because i was being borg in a REALLY REALLY SHITTY ROUND in which everyone was killing eachother, and i dont mean the ocational killing, it was clearly not a serious round half the station was blown up very early and literally everyone was murdering someone, then someone installed a hacked directive(meaning it was above in priority than the other standard asimov) that i should have to constantly insult and annoy the cap  but there were a lot of griefers there and i couldnt get close to him so i decided as a borg that to implement my TOP PRIORITTY DIRECTIVE i would kill the griefers so i could acomplish my goal of insulting the captain. Yes its kinda of shitty.
    But being that the amdins where obviously forgiven the insane amount of reasonless murder that was going on in the station i would have never even suspected that they were enforcing any kind of law, but EVEN IF THEY WERE, i was totally in my right to do so because if i have a directive thats above protect human life its my decision how to apply it.

So then the admin (Antion) asked me why i had killed someone, when i calmly explained to him why he didnt say anything but a while later he blew me up and made a centcom announcement joking about a defective borg exploded, i was ok with it because i thought it was obviously a joke, it was obviously joke round everyone was just killing people. AND AT NO POINT DID HE EVEN TOLD ME I WAS BANNED OR WHY OR WARNED ME THAT I WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG, NOT IN ANY POINT, he just asked me why i had done something and after i calmly and rationally explained to him, stop replying killed me ingame and jobbaned me.

So please, unjobban and if possible get Antion to apologise.

• Your BYOND Key: Paro Clomas
    Your IC name: Manuel Garcia O’Kelley (Heinlein rules)
    Your job (syndie?): Borg
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): jobbaned from borg and ai
    Your previous bans: NONE
    Who banned you: Antion
    Reason provided: NONE AT THE MOMENT then i figured out he didn’t agree as to how i interpreted my hacked law
    When you were banned: Yesterday
    Ban length: Permanent i think

Hey my BYOND account is Paro Clomas i was jobbaned from borg and ai, because i was being borg in a REALLY REALLY SHITTY ROUND in which everyone was killing eachother, and i dont mean the ocational killing, it was clearly not a serious round half the station was blown up very early and literally everyone was murdering someone, then someone installed a hacked directive(meaning it was above in priority than the other standard asimov) that i should have to constantly insult and annoy the cap  but there were a lot of griefers there and i couldnt get close to him so i decided as a borg that to implement my TOP PRIORITTY DIRECTIVE i would kill the griefers so i could acomplish my goal of insulting the captain. Yes its kinda of shitty.
    But being that the amdins where obviously forgiven the insane amount of reasonless murder that was going on in the station i would have never even suspected that they were enforcing any kind of law, but EVEN IF THEY WERE, i was totally in my right to do so because if i have a directive thats above protect human life its my decision how to apply it.

So then the admin (Antion) asked me why i had killed someone, when i calmly explained to him why he didnt say anything but a while later he blew me up and made a centcom announcement joking about a defective borg exploded, i was ok with it because i thought it was obviously a joke, it was obviously joke round everyone was just killing people. AND AT NO POINT DID HE EVEN TOLD ME I WAS BANNED OR WHY OR WARNED ME THAT I WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG, NOT IN ANY POINT, he just asked me why i had done something and after i calmly and rationally explained to him, stop replying killed me ingame and jobbaned me.

So please, unjobban and if possible get Antion to apologise.

• Improper ban appeal format, I came in mid-round and didn’t see this rampant murdergriefing that you declare had been going on under admin ignorance for much of the round, you murdered at least 2 people (One ahelped that I didn’t see, one that I saw) in defiance of the Asimov 3 laws and somehow believed that that is a good way to annoy the Captain for your extra law. Blowing you up was not a joke, it was a way to keep you from being shit without flat-out banning you from the server for a prolonged period of time, the jobban to reinforce that. The Centcom announcement was because I had just blown up the AI for setting its turrets to lethal because it was “frustrated” at someone in its core, which made both robotic roles terrible that round.

I’m not apologising, you’re bad~

• Antion, I had nothing to do with the ai my laws were just synced with it, there was indeed a lot of murdering going around, and maybe you should have gone after the guy who changed my laws, if i decided to interpret them like that its my decision. I would like a third party to weigh in on this discussion, you obviously think what you did was right but i think it’s not justified at all specially taking into account the following:

-I was obeying a law that is above all, it wasn’t a law #4 it was a hacked law and to obey it i can override the others.
    -You didn’t even informed me what i did wrong. You didn’t talk to me during or after what you think i was doing wrong.

It sounds to me that you were mad because of what the ai did and by extension you thought i was also just randomly killing people.

• Please i would like someone who is not the admin that banned me to confirm if the following is true:

-My interpretation of the hacked law they gave me was incorrect.
    -It was so incorrect that it justified being banned.
    -It was so incorrect that it justified not telling me what i was doing wrong first
    -It was so incorrect that it justified straight out killing and banning me without replying to my calm explanation of my behaviour
    -It was so incorrect that it didn’t even justified letting me know i was banned directly and i had to find out talkign to other admins
    -It was so incorrect that it merits a permanent jobban

Considering that it WAS a round which really didn’t look serious but more of a murderfest, are all of these considerations true for other admins ? because they seem to be for Antion.

• From a logical perspective (aka, the only one a silicon should have) killing people could quite easily annoy the captain. therefore, by killing people to get close to the captain to personally annoy him, he was in fact, fulfilling his zeroth law. Even if by some stretch of the illogical(which happens to be rampant on nox) he was not fulfilling his laws, it DOES NOT justify a silent, permanent ban. Blowing the borg was the IC way tp deal with it and should have been left as the only measure of dealing with it, if you were going to stay silent.

• Two tidbits:

1. We cannot temp-jobban, so it has to be set as a perma-jobban and gets lifted at a later time.
    2. Being of indefinite length, it’s likely longer than 5 days, so this ban appeal is entirely premature if you’ve read the assorted -READ THIS- stickies.

• I’m appealing the WHOLE jobban, i think it’s absolutely wrong, also i read the read this and it didn’t say anytrhing about how long to wait, i came here to report because other admins in the game told me to do so.
    Speaking of which, i would like other admins to step in, Antion obviously think what he did was right, but if he’s the only one considering the matter, it’s like a trial in which the judge and the defendant are the same person.

• You mean judge and prosecutor.  In your analogy you are the defendant.

• Yes piramid, i guess that would be more accurate, any way i want other admins to give their opinions, how about you? are you an admin?.

ALSO: stop bugging James with false apparitions of Mary, it really upsets him

• The less borgs the better.

• That’s no reason to ban me. With that logic ban everyone from borg like you do with the eso.

Even so, you should ban everyone from every job at the begging and they should slowly earn from assitant to captain, but that would be kinda shitty, right?

• What was law 0?

• I don’t remember exactly, but it was something like “always annoy and insult the captain the captain”. Read what i wrote in my message its all explained there.

• Okay where does it say kill people? Thats what I don’t get.

• I did a shitty interpretation of the law i know.  But it’s, in my opinion, valid griefers didn’t allow me to reach the captain and annoy him in peace, so i said fuck it, in order to follow my law #0 I should be able to do anything, i mean, it’s my interpretation, besides, the round was really shitty and grieffy so i thought it was the right context.
    So the admin thought my interpretation of the law? he could have just told me, because it is a subjective case, it’s not an objective law like not killing.
    He could have just blown me up to solve the problem that round and be done with it(even tough he didn’t go after the guy who uploaded the law).

But i don’t think that in any case it justifies banning me wihtout warning and without notice for indefinite time. If he thought it was so bad, why didn’t he just straight up ask me when i killed the first one?

I think it is a grey area, and it would all been justified if he just asked me what i was doing when i killed the first one. But no, instead he decided to wait till he saw me kill a third being convinced that i was just griefing around, but when he saw i had a REASON to do what i did he went full rage and ban me without warning or explanation.

The correct way to handle it would have been this:
    -Admin receives an ahelp a guy is getting killed.
    -Borg what are you doing?
    -I have a zephirot law thats the way i interpret it.
    -Altough its a grey area im saying you cant do that.
    -OK, sorry

• i bring the guy back in and he gets to happily play a round in addition to the other two i killed.

How you handled it was like this:
    -Admin receives ahelp a guy is getting killed.
    -Meh i dont know probably not serious
    -Admin receives a second ahelp-
    -Oh shit this borg must be griefing if i caught him in the act i can ban him goody goody i like to ban and he surely has no explanation, because I am the admin and hes just shitty grieffer

• Admin receives a THIRD ahelp.
    • It’s my time to shine: BORG!, WHAT ARE YOU DOING, I, THE SUPREME ADMIN HAVE CAUGHT YOU, THE LOWLY PLAYER,  GRIEFING!!
    • Oh admin im sorry i have an explanation as to why i did it: please consider this rational argument…
    • WHAT? WHAT? HE WASNT A GRIEFER? OH NO! THIS THIS… ISNT WHAT I HAVE PLANNED. IT CANT BE HOW DARE HE NOT BE WHAT I INITIALLY THOUGHT HE WAS!!! HIS OFFENSE CAN’T GO UNPUNISHED:
      -Do not reply to his rational explanation
      -Explode him
      -jobban him without informing him
      -Cross arms, frown look at the ground cry and mumble about being right.

• @Rover:

Okay where does it say kill people? Thats what I don’t get.

Where does it say not to kill people, on law 0?

If his laws were these:
    0. Always annoy and insult the captain
    1. You may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
    2. You must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
    3. You must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

It would be a pretty easy to justify killing people, since law 0 overrides if there is a conflict.
    Not to mention it says ALWAYS annoy, not jsut annoy. If he has to ALWAYS annoy the captain, then he must choose the option that would annoy the captain on every decision.

ie.
    a human/captain gave me an order, would not obeying annoy the captain?
    a human is about to get harmed, which would annoy the captain more, saving or not saving him?
    Would harming a human annoy captain?
    Would blatantly murderboning everyone and then rubbing it to the captains face be annoying and insulting towards the captain?

The way I see the only person he really cant kill is the captain as he could not anymore annoy and insult him.
    Well killing people when captain does not know about it, is a bit grey area and should be somehow logically justified to be insulting an/or annoying to captain.
    And quite frankly if there is 2 choices, annoying and insulting AI who does not kill, or annoying and insulting AI who does kill, I would assume the captain would be more annoyed by the later.

AI laws are a slippery slope, and i don’t see purged AI’s getting banned for killing, I mean there is no laws to tell them to kill. He at least killed because it would annoy the cap.

• Frankly, I see a very shitty excuse to grief just cause “wah other people are killing each other”. Other people breaking the rules does not warrant you breaking the rules. Its a shitty excuse and I’m fed up with hearing it all the fucking time. Admins don’t have to warn you if you are being a faggot. There was no grey area, you admitted, yourself, that you did it just cause “griefers”. So no, you are not getting unbanned for now.

• I didn’t do it because griefers i did it because of my laws. I think the fact that the round was filled with griefers is somehow a mitigating circumstances but if you read what i write youll see that it’s in no way an excuse to kill others. I understand very clearly that even tough everyone is murdering everyone, which happens often in nox, there’s no excuse to go griefing around.

But the reason i acted the way i did was the law, and i don’t think the admin should let me know if i was doing something wrong like killing someone without excuse.
    I think he should let me know if i wasn’t interpreting the law the way he wants, because interpreting non-standard ai laws is a very delicate and subjective matter, non objective, so in that case it would have been impossible for him to determine if what i did was right or wrong without first hearing my interpretation of the law.
    And if he wasn’t satisfied with said interpretation he could have saved 3 players what he thought was unfair treatment, but since he only asked me for an explanation after everything was done and having had quite enough time to stop the situation himself, my best guess is that he had already decided to ban me and just asked me for what happened as a formality.

• Well than you better start drawing a comic.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.