Unban Request Mottom12

• Your BYOND Key: Mottom12
    Your IC name: Gavin Petrov
    Your job (syndie?): Botanist
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): Game
    Your previous bans: None I can recall
    Who banned you: Antion
    Reason provided: You have been banned by antion.
    Reason: Please don’t threaten to griefkill people because you’re salty that a traitor killed you~.
    When you were banned: Few seconds ago
    Ban length: 1 day

Why you think you were banned: Because I thought I was griefed by two players who broke into my office. After dying I ahelped it and he responds.
    Admin PM from-Antion: RIP

So I ask him if they were traitors but received no response. After several minutes of waiting I just assume this moderator is lazy and doesn’t feel like dealing with my ahelp. Since he NEVER told me they were antag. Then I said

PM to-Admins: The admin who allows griefing. Alright I’ll be HoP next round and come up with bullshit reasons to kill people. Have fun with the flood of ahelp then.

I wasn’t actually going to do, first off. And secondly if I had gotten an actual response from the guy as to “They’re antag” then I wouldn’t have said anything and been okay with my death. I’m pretty sure RIP means rest in peace not, Rthose Iguys Pareantag.

Why you should be unbanned: Because this just looks like admin is the one being salty. I don’t believe there’s anything in the rules that doesn’t allow me to THREATEN to grief so long as I don’t actually do it. (Which I couldn’t have since I was still dead) I play GMOD actively and it’s the same thing with RDM. I can say I’m going to RDM everyone and not actually do it. No harm done.

• Your BYOND Key: Mottom12
    Your IC name: Gavin Petrov
    Your job (syndie?): Botanist
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): Game
    Your previous bans: None I can recall
    Who banned you: Antion
    Reason provided: You have been banned by antion.
    Reason: Please don’t threaten to griefkill people because you’re salty that a traitor killed you~.
    When you were banned: Few seconds ago
    Ban length: 1 day

Why you think you were banned: Because I thought I was griefed by two players who broke into my office. After dying I ahelped it and he responds.
    Admin PM from-Antion: RIP

So I ask him if they were traitors but received no response. After several minutes of waiting I just assume this moderator is lazy and doesn’t feel like dealing with my ahelp. Since he NEVER told me they were antag. Then I said

PM to-Admins: The admin who allows griefing. Alright I’ll be HoP next round and come up with bullshit reasons to kill people. Have fun with the flood of ahelp then.

I wasn’t actually going to do, first off. And secondly if I had gotten an actual response from the guy as to “They’re antag” then I wouldn’t have said anything and been okay with my death. I’m pretty sure RIP means rest in peace not, Rthose Iguys Pareantag.

Why you should be unbanned: Because this just looks like admin is the one being salty. I don’t believe there’s anything in the rules that doesn’t allow me to THREATEN to grief so long as I don’t actually do it. (Which I couldn’t have since I was still dead) I play GMOD actively and it’s the same thing with RDM. I can say I’m going to RDM everyone and not actually do it. No harm done.

• So I read the !!! READ THIS !!! and usually unban forums only have 1 topic about the template/rules regarding the unban appeal. Kinda missed the “Read this too” where it says don’t appeal for bans less than 5 days old.

• We don’t tell people if the person they were killed by is an antagonist because what if you get revived? Then you have OOC knowledge you shouldn’t have.

Just because we don’t respond doesn’t mean we’re lazy. Is calling out every time you get killed “WAS THIS LEGIT OR NOT” to an admin and getting an immediate response a thing expected by ss13 players?

• Okay you make a valid point. So if that was you and not antion, you would’ve just ignored me. Because this happens pretty often. I play ss13 a lot and sometimes when I die and I believe it’s grief and ahelp it, I get no response. So I assume they’re tratiors and stop at the first ahelp. But he replied jokingly then banned me for something not against the rules.

Edit: Feel free to ignore this now as I’ve made two mistakes so I’ll be lucky you don’t increase my ban for wasting your time. I have been job banned before (And still am) which I forgot to put in my original post and didn’t read the 5 day rule. Sorry about that.

• RIP, from the latin Requiescat in Pace, or Rest in Peace, is typically said in reference to people who are dead. Dead people who, resting in peace, are not going to come back from the dead.

Saying RIP, which I did not mean jokingly, after checking on your killer, and you going “Oh, then it was legit?”, made me think you understood my implication, so I didn’t reply again. You apparently didn’t, then threatened metagrudging and shit-Head-ery in the next round, which I decided to nip in the bud. I didn’t preemptively ban you from HoP, though.

Sorry we didn’t truly understand each other, but please don’t be rude and make threats to be a terrible Head again because that makes me sad~

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.