[ZS] Reworking the medkit

• In a moment of intense shower daydreaming today, I thought of a modification to the medkit system that’d be worth trying. At the moment the medkit is kind of a pain in the ass to use and not effective at healing the entire team quickly. This can sort of be resolved by having 4 or more medics, but I’d personally rather have 1 more powerful medic and 3 more people at the barricade. My idea is a more efficient hold-down-to-use medkit system:

Stream mode: For players who are badly hurt and aren’t humping the barricade. Hold down to use, heals a player at a rate of 5hp/sec, but this healing is received with a delay (think of the way a player heals after being hit with poison: their incoming health gain is displayed with a smaller green bar) and should the player be hit while health is incoming, they will lose incoming health at a rate of 50% of how much normal damage was received from the hit. Obviously this has the side effect of draining the medkit power very quickly and medics can not use it on themselves.

• In a moment of intense shower daydreaming today, I thought of a modification to the medkit system that’d be worth trying. At the moment the medkit is kind of a pain in the ass to use and not effective at healing the entire team quickly. This can sort of be resolved by having 4 or more medics, but I’d personally rather have 1 more powerful medic and 3 more people at the barricade. My idea is a more efficient hold-down-to-use medkit system:

Stream mode: For players who are badly hurt and aren’t humping the barricade. Hold down to use, heals a player at a rate of 5hp/sec, but this healing is received with a delay (think of the way a player heals after being hit with poison: their incoming health gain is displayed with a smaller green bar) and should the player be hit while health is incoming, they will lose incoming health at a rate of 50% of how much normal damage was received from the hit. Obviously this has the side effect of draining the medkit power very quickly and medics can not use it on themselves.

• If the stream mode doesn’t have a cooldown and you get the same points/hp using each, why would you ever use anything else?

• @Pyramid:

If the stream mode doesn’t have a cooldown and you get the same points/hp using each, why would you ever use anything else?

It’d be ineffective in an intense attack because of the delay in receiving the health and the fact that getting hit while the health was incoming would essentially waste it.

Alternatively, we could scrap the alternate firing modes and just go for a hold-down-to-heal method that’d work much faster.

• I think it will be more OP on the steam mode.

I was thinking like of a health charger.

• Updated the OP, I thought about it some more and Nukkun is right, having two modes is stupid. I still think the stream mode is much better than the current system.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.