Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Help Gmod crashing constantly.

• I expect crashes from time to time, but today has been ridiculous. I crashed twice on stormiest, and i crashed 3 times on village house (rejoined, take a few steps, crash again). It’s not unusual to crash every now and then but this has been happening consistently. I have crashed 6 times today, only within a matter of a few hours of playing zs. It gives no error message or anything, it just crashes straight to the desktop. Ive tried google, verifying game cache, etc…, anyone have any idea’s?

• I expect crashes from time to time, but today has been ridiculous. I crashed twice on stormiest, and i crashed 3 times on village house (rejoined, take a few steps, crash again). It’s not unusual to crash every now and then but this has been happening consistently. I have crashed 6 times today, only within a matter of a few hours of playing zs. It gives no error message or anything, it just crashes straight to the desktop. Ive tried google, verifying game cache, etc…, anyone have any idea’s?

• I’ve been experiencing these crashes too as of update 164, it’s garry’s fault.

• Ah i had forgotten about update 164, that would explain it. Well its fantastic to know that he was not satisfied with the amount of crashes i was already receiving, so he has decided to double or triple it.

I can’t even play a full round, or even close to it, I normally crash within seconds of joining. I guess ill be waiting for another update or something, there is no point in trying to play when i just get booted off every time i try and rejoin.

THANKS GARRY!

• Do you have the most recent mdmp file in Garrysmod folder? may be you could upload it so I can send it to Max to check what makes the game crashed.

• @miroki:

Do you have the most recent mdmp file in Garrysmod folder? may be you could upload it so I can send it to Max to check what makes the game crashed.

I didn’t really know what i was looking at, i just searched mdmp in the gmod folder.  Their are seven of them that say hl2_164_crash_2013_5_14 etc…, if these are the updated ones you speak of, then yes, i can upload them if it can help solve this problem.

• yep upload that one for me.

• I told Max about this.

• I haven’t crashed yet, but yeah the problem that we are having is the update.

• I’ve emailed 5 crashdumps to garry, hope he figures out the issue.

• @MaxofS2D:

we looked into the crashes and it’s related to decals on models
    make a github issue about it
    send your MDMPs to [email protected]

The more the better.

• Still crashing like the stock market in 1929. Any news? Updates? I’m crashing nearly every single round, and this r_clearmodeldecals 0, does not do jack shit.

• HL2 games, TF2,CSS and Portal must be in steampipe beta otherwise your games won’t mount right in gmod.

• +r_drawmodeldecals 0 into the launch option stopped the crashing for me. Typing it into the console still crashes me though.

I tried putting all source games into steampipe beta but I’m still getting fallback textures and purple black checkerboards.

• Anyone else confirm that +r_drawmodeldecals 0 in launch options fixes your crashing?

I can’t really do anything about crashes except remove the things that causes them. Fixing them is up to garry and chances are he’s not going to look at your dumps or tell you that he doesn’t know what the cause is.

• I’ve been having crashes on map loads for both single and multiplayer, pretty much the main reason I haven’t been on Gmod recently.

Users

Topics