New antagonist

• Essentially a new antagonist that is similar to a traitor except they come in pairs.

Neither is told who the other is. But they are told the others objective.

You can only win if you complete yours objective AND prevent the other objective being completed.

Example:
    Player A:
    Objective 1: Assassinate the Captain
    Objective 2: Someone is trying to assassinate the Chief Engineer. Prevent this from happening.

Player B:
    Player A:
    Objective 1: Assassinate the Chief Engineer
    Objective 2: Someone is trying to assassinate the Captain. Prevent this from happening.

Both objectives should be similar.
    For example:
    If Player A is told to assassinate a head, Player B’s target will also be a head.
    If Player A is told to steal an item of value, Player B’s target will be an item of value.

This is to give players a fair chance - meaning some one doesn’t get a ‘kill an assistant’ while the other person gets’ steal the ablative vest while wearing the captains jumpsuit after murdering the CE with the CMO’s hypospray.'
    It should also, hopefully, get the two traitors near each other.

• Essentially a new antagonist that is similar to a traitor except they come in pairs.

Neither is told who the other is. But they are told the others objective.

You can only win if you complete yours objective AND prevent the other objective being completed.

Example:
    Player A:
    Objective 1: Assassinate the Captain
    Objective 2: Someone is trying to assassinate the Chief Engineer. Prevent this from happening.

Player B:
    Player A:
    Objective 1: Assassinate the Chief Engineer
    Objective 2: Someone is trying to assassinate the Captain. Prevent this from happening.

Both objectives should be similar.
    For example:
    If Player A is told to assassinate a head, Player B’s target will also be a head.
    If Player A is told to steal an item of value, Player B’s target will be an item of value.

This is to give players a fair chance - meaning some one doesn’t get a ‘kill an assistant’ while the other person gets’ steal the ablative vest while wearing the captains jumpsuit after murdering the CE with the CMO’s hypospray.'
    It should also, hopefully, get the two traitors near each other.

• Not going to lie this intrigues me. Also makes sense with syndicate lore. Thumbs up.

• They should probably not be given an uplink, tought.
    All it needs is the traitor to trow a C4 with remote on the tile the captain is about to pass over and he is gibbed before you get the chance to even get the attacker’s name. And thats just one example.

• This gave me an idea for a “VIP” type gamemode. It’d be pretty simple, 3 players are chosen to assassinate different heads and given different tools to do so, such as revovler and emag. They each would also get 1 implant a piece to use to have one player help them if they choose so. To make things interesting 3 other players would start as “bodyguards”, each with a different head they are assigned to protect. It would be their job to warn that head of the threat to their life and protect them at all costs. The players chosen to assassinate the heads would be tipped off at the beginning of the round who the other assassains are and must also try to eliminate the other players but it would be optional, such as a spy vs spy type thing. The round would work as a normal traitor round and end when the shuttle arrives at centcomm.

• They should be given an uplink. It’s part of the fun.

• I see potential in this, but I also see people going “Hey, my objective is to protect you, Captain. Therefore there’s a traitor whose objective is to kill you.”

• @AssassinT90:

I see potential in this, but I also see people going “Hey, my objective is to protect you, Captain. Therefore there’s a traitor whose objective is to kill you.”

But that would mean admitting you are a traitor, making you a target.

• Well give them an uplink then. You wanted a game type where antags try to compete against each other so I figured that’d be a good idea for a game mode.

• @Lord:

But that would mean admitting you are a traitor, making you a target.

Not if they also have the “escape on the shuttle or an escape pod alive” objective. Then it’s up to them to take the risk of outing themselves or not.

• Traitor - 'Hey Captain! this person wants to kill you. I know this because I’m a traitor also!'
    Captain - ‘Thanks for the information. Now hold still while I execute you for being a traitor’

• If you’re refering to my game mode I suggested I’m not saying the antags would have to protect against the targets they weren’t assigned to kill, I’m just saying make it optional for them to kill the other antags as their objective and have 3 other players spawn as bodyguards that it is their objective to protect the targets

• Why would I be talking about your idea in a thread that is not about your idea?

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.