Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

[NoX] HL1 Source player models

• HL1 multiplayer and mods like Sven-Coop were the shit. We should add the helmet and scientist model to the store as homage.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=107768377&searchtext=helmet

That has the Helmet and scientist model in it, already rigged to gmod player model format. You should add these to the store, I will give you all my moneys.

• HL1 multiplayer and mods like Sven-Coop were the shit. We should add the helmet and scientist model to the store as homage.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=107768377&searchtext=helmet

That has the Helmet and scientist model in it, already rigged to gmod player model format. You should add these to the store, I will give you all my moneys.

• yes please to all of those

• Oh lord yes. I would gladly throw down 1mil+ silver for any of those.

• 2 million silver minimum. I would like those models.

• Additional Notes:
    The materials are NOT included mainly because it is illegal to do so.
    You MUST own a legal copy of Half-Life: Source for this pack to work correctly.

Also, you guys want to say why you really want them?

• That isn’t accurate. The most recent comment mentions that it’s not actually illegal, and the author doesn’t challenge that. Also, one of the gmod main menu splash screens uses skyrim models and textures.

What ulterior motive could people have for wanting models in-game other than using them?

• CS:S content isn’t distributed by us either, why should this be different for HL:S.

It doesn’t even seem like a good idea to me, to get everyone that connects to the server to download HL1 models especially when gmod has better HL2 models with LOD optimizations, mat_proxy and consistent viewmodels.
    The only reason people would want it is for nostalgia.

• They’re unique enough that they stand out on their own with a distinct style. Skeleton model would be cool for a future zombie boss too.

• @Little:

Skeleton model would be cool for a future zombie boss too.

That would be great.  :laugh:

• I’d buy HL Source to get these. Isn’t it like $5?

• @Shock120:

It doesn’t even seem like a good idea to me, to get everyone that connects to the server to download HL1 models especially when gmod has better HL2 models with LOD optimizations, mat_proxy and consistent viewmodels.

its worth it, if you’re old enough to have enjoyed HL1 you know its damn well worth it

• @Shock120:

CS:S content isn’t distributed by us either, why should this be different for HL:S.

oh no how will we ever be able to render those ~800 poly models if they don’t use lod ):

• @GRiM:

if you’re old enough to have enjoyed HL1

You know, we’ve never heard Box on mic…

• The helmet model is a must at the least.  I remember playing sven for nights on end with the nickname juggernaut using that old helmet model with green secondary coloration leading groups of people through the greatest works of mapping art known to gaming.

• I’d like to play as a barney.

• @Pyramid:

You know, we’ve never heard Box on mic…

yeah, we have

• @ChiRaeDisk:

The helmet model is a must at the least.  I remember playing sven for nights on end with the nickname juggernaut using that old helmet model with green secondary coloration leading groups of people through the greatest works of mapping art known to gaming.

Hell yeah. toonworld and osprey. good memories.
    I gotta agree, if we can only have one model it should be helmet.

• Eh people doesnt want to buy a Old Source Game while its not for sale unless if you can get it in the 100 $ pack. They would rather stick with Hl2 Models or just take Black Mesa Files

• @CounterCraftz:

Eh people doesnt want to buy a Old Source Game while its not for sale unless if you can get it in the 100 $ pack. They would rather stick with Hl2 Models or just take Black Mesa Files

I don’t see how it’s a problem when the server allows DoD:S models, which most people don’t own. Also it wouldn’t even be that much of a problem to add the materials to server-side. They’re old textures, how big could they be?

Users

Topics