Immaturity of the playerbase.

• First I’d like to say that it’s becoming more irritating that you actually need to be careful just to not get pushed down and spaced for no reason. The last round I joined it the Escape Shuttle was docking and I entered a pod. Suddenly, I see someone who stabbed me repeatedly in the eye with a screwdriver. Shortly after, it is revealed that he is not a traitor. This round the AI, who was neither rogue or anything, just acting dumb overall and he thinks it’s funny to spam nigger in the chat, supposedly released plasma outside. not sure if it him or not, either ways, I rushed to the Escape Arm as the fire was outside Research, where I was stationed as a Security Officer. We get news that there are aliens outside Medbay, eh. Lots of people arrive at the Escape Arm and I just wait by the airlocks for the shuttle. During this “wait” I was pushed down, and someone attempted to space me. Next, I get sawed by a circular saw. Next, I get pushed down and my stun baton is stolen. Next, I was knocked unconscious. Finally by the time the shuttle was docking I saw someone saying “ALLAH ACKBAR” and the Escape Arm finally exploding. What the hell? Please fix your playerbase!

• First I’d like to say that it’s becoming more irritating that you actually need to be careful just to not get pushed down and spaced for no reason. The last round I joined it the Escape Shuttle was docking and I entered a pod. Suddenly, I see someone who stabbed me repeatedly in the eye with a screwdriver. Shortly after, it is revealed that he is not a traitor. This round the AI, who was neither rogue or anything, just acting dumb overall and he thinks it’s funny to spam nigger in the chat, supposedly released plasma outside. not sure if it him or not, either ways, I rushed to the Escape Arm as the fire was outside Research, where I was stationed as a Security Officer. We get news that there are aliens outside Medbay, eh. Lots of people arrive at the Escape Arm and I just wait by the airlocks for the shuttle. During this “wait” I was pushed down, and someone attempted to space me. Next, I get sawed by a circular saw. Next, I get pushed down and my stun baton is stolen. Next, I was knocked unconscious. Finally by the time the shuttle was docking I saw someone saying “ALLAH ACKBAR” and the Escape Arm finally exploding. What the hell? Please fix your playerbase!

• Sounds hilarious actually.

• Yeah, hilariously immature.

• Maybe babbystation12 suits your needs. They’ll ban all the bad people you don’t like because they hurt your feelings ;-;

p.s. if this is supposed to be a report thread, this isn’t how you do it.

• Aha, real immature.
    Let me requote something from the BYOND forums:

Title: Nox Station is terrific

"Nox station is great, its not full of autismal admins like Goonstation, or Hardcore roleplaying kiddies like the others.

A terrific server hosted by Jetboom, the best lua coder in all of garrysmod. Backed with a terrific and bountiful community full of friendly players, not bothered by race/religion/sex/ethnicity.

Join it and play it forever."

By the owner.

• You in the wrong 'hood, man.

• @Needicla:

"Nox station is great, its not full of autismal admins like Goonstation, or Hardcore roleplaying kiddies like the others.

So you are literally mad because you get what happens when both of those are true?

I bet you’re one of those people that whine in adminhelp because somebody knocked you down and stole your ID (fore no reisin of course)

• Nah, that’s not what I’m complaining about. Look very carefully into my post. The admins are good but the players are dumb, let’s look at another part of the post.

" Backed with a terrific and bountiful community full of friendly players "

False.

• we can’t make players be friendly, and that is the general ss13 community unless you play on ultra RP servers where you get banned for walking around with a gas mask on.

• @Needicla:

First I’d like to say that it’s becoming more irritating that you actually need to be careful just to not get pushed down and spaced for no reason. The last round I joined it the Escape Shuttle was docking and I entered a pod. Suddenly, I see someone who stabbed me repeatedly in the eye with a screwdriver. Shortly after, it is revealed that he is not a traitor. This round the AI, who was neither rogue or anything, just acting dumb overall and he thinks it’s funny to spam nigger in the chat, supposedly released plasma outside. not sure if it him or not, either ways, I rushed to the Escape Arm as the fire was outside Research, where I was stationed as a Security Officer. We get news that there are aliens outside Medbay, eh. Lots of people arrive at the Escape Arm and I just wait by the airlocks for the shuttle. During this “wait” I was pushed down, and someone attempted to space me. Next, I get sawed by a circular saw. Next, I get pushed down and my stun baton is stolen. Next, I was knocked unconscious. Finally by the time the shuttle was docking I saw someone saying “ALLAH ACKBAR” and the Escape Arm finally exploding. What the hell? Please fix your playerbase!

This sounds like a typical round on nox, if you don’t like it go play on that fagit yog station. The players here being raunchy and immature plus the admins laidback attitude is what makes nox so fun.

• Honestly, like Zetanor said, you’re in the wrong neighborhood. If you want to find mature players, go for a hardcore RP server, like Apollo. There’s pratically no griefing there, and admins make sure of it _.

Nox is a server for people who like action, and kinda enjoy the paranoia of possibly being murdered by that shady assistant. Nox is for people who enjoy fighting syndies and dealing with explosive scientists. Nox is for people who like aliens and wizards, changelings and traitors. The fact that griefing is allowed until a certain point is what allows the frenetic gameplay experiences we have here.
    _

• @AssassinT90:

If you want to find mature players, go for a hardcore RP server.

• Nox is great because it has more freedom. I find it hilarious on other servers that SS13 is a really open game, but you get banned for doing the majority of the things in the game. On nox you can just mess around and do what you want. I rarely get killed for absolutely no reason, usually I just get killed for punching an assistant or something. The flipside though is that most people tend to leave you alone on nox because they have their own things going on, no one is bored. On nox you can weld into the captains office and five people can see you and none of them will care, where as on other servers if a single assistant sees you even pick up a taser they will scream for security and start trying to disarm you. Most other servers are populated by bored powergaming ass-hats.

• but even mature players don’t play on ultra RP servers.

i got killed on baystation for reading “woody got wood” with the captains permission as library, and was told it was “a valid RP reason” to kill me.

then i killed an assistant for pushing then trying to choke me and i got banned because “you have to peacefully resolve things. powergaming killing people is against the rules”.

my lord, never fucking again.

• haha no wonder youre mad, youre so unrobust that they managed to steal your id and almost space you in that 0.2 second time you spend laying down after being pushed

WOW

• what are you even saying

• that youre a dickless retard swagile

• @Swagile:

“you have to peacefully resolve things. powergaming killing people is against the rules”.

Peaceful? I don’t think that murdering or critting the fuck who tries to mess with me and wouldn’t even stop if I had wizard spells isn’t considered powergaming.

I tried hard to resolve thing peacefully and I still end up knocking the fuck down, shoving him into the slime pen and then anonymously dump his dying slab of meat to the medbay. And I don’t care if he ghosts, dies, suicides or loses any of his stuff in the process.

You usually can’t reason with the crew unless they are either in your department or rely on the work of your department.

• thats why i love tyrant AI. show the AI your all powerful, and the entire crew either A: listens to you, or B: dies because your smart and destroyed any way that they can (safely and quickly) dispose of the AI and/or the person who made the AI as it is.

aka hulk / gygax / bombs all over station.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.