Moveable Cooler/Heater

• I suggest that you can detach the cooler and heater from pipes by using wrench and welding torch.
    when detached it can pulled/pushed around and reconnected to any atmos pipes that is under it.

Also these things could use a boost in heating/cooling speeds. They are seriously slow when trying to process larger amounts of gas.
    And by larger amounts i don’t mean the whole atmos loop, just cooling 1 can completely takes ages when compared to average round duration.

• I suggest that you can detach the cooler and heater from pipes by using wrench and welding torch.
    when detached it can pulled/pushed around and reconnected to any atmos pipes that is under it.

Also these things could use a boost in heating/cooling speeds. They are seriously slow when trying to process larger amounts of gas.
    And by larger amounts i don’t mean the whole atmos loop, just cooling 1 can completely takes ages when compared to average round duration.

• But perfect to cool down an oxygen tank?
    You need to be more creative than that.

• @Talha:

You need to be more creative than that.

More creative?
    When I just want to be able to move the cooler/heater, i really don’t think there is a need for elaborate mechanisms to make them moveable.

Or are you referring to the cooling speeds, that was more of an opinion than an suggestion.
    Should probably remove it to avoid side tracking the thread.

• I suspect the thought behind this suggestion is solely to buff toxins. Not very creative .

• how can it buff toxins? the bomb cap can be easily reached without a heater/cooler.

• Buff was the wrong word, but it makes it easier, as you you don’t require just as potent mix when using chilled oxygen. The xenobiology maintenance door leads straight to atmospherics door and gives you a quiet place to hack in and steal them.

• @Talha:

I suspect the thought behind this suggestion is solely to buff toxins. Not very creative .

Actually, I cant even remember when I last played scientist.
    And isn’t there like 2 coolers already at science, one at the server room, and another at misc research?

But anyways, I suggested this because I like to build all sorts of atmos machinery, and quite frankly the atmos is a clusterfuck if you want to build something, and the stationary heater and cooler does not help at all. They are either on the way, or you have to route all the pipes according to them. It would made sense if you could move em.

Not to mention I want to fill the AI core with cooled nitrogen and overclock the AI.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.