Over-Regulation is Ruining the Station

• I remember when this station was a chaotic cluster fuck. Back in the good old days. Back when people didn’t coddle up with their petty behind the scenes alliances, and when it wasn’t all about petty, self serving favoritism.
    That’s all in the past now, though. You know who’s caused this decline? The Admins. They have neutered the station, and taken it’s balls. This used to be a quality station, with plenty of ultraviolence, and high quality anarchy.
    Used to be a genuine challenge, to fight the hordes of who-ever. Now, it’s been ruined by over regulation.

The Admins have not increased the playing quality of the average player. Instead, they use their powers to benefit themselves. When the same admin gets changeling three times in a row, it’s kind of a red flag, eh?
    They are so fickle, and fragile ego’d. They will not argue rationally with you or I, instead simply closing the thread like a spoiled child flipping over a chess board. The old saying that power corrupts, that’s true, but it’s funny how just a little imaginary bit of power can go to some people’s heads. I’ve seen a bunch of different servers, and when the admins start turning “Caligula”, it’s usually a sign of decline.

Now, I’d like to dedicate this paragraph to hypocrisy. Now, I’m good friends with Hypocrisy, but he says he knows a couple of you. Zetanor, are the rumors of Takara bribing his way out of a ban true?  Oh, no. The Watergate Scandal of 2D spess man games.  I think it’s a laugh, really. Nothing serious, it’s just administration policy that resembles the management of a cheap brothel.  Now, any sort of corruption in a SS13 server is as petty as petty comes, but hey, I’m a petty person. Wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t, but I’m among good company.

• I remember when this station was a chaotic cluster fuck. Back in the good old days. Back when people didn’t coddle up with their petty behind the scenes alliances, and when it wasn’t all about petty, self serving favoritism.
    That’s all in the past now, though. You know who’s caused this decline? The Admins. They have neutered the station, and taken it’s balls. This used to be a quality station, with plenty of ultraviolence, and high quality anarchy.
    Used to be a genuine challenge, to fight the hordes of who-ever. Now, it’s been ruined by over regulation.

The Admins have not increased the playing quality of the average player. Instead, they use their powers to benefit themselves. When the same admin gets changeling three times in a row, it’s kind of a red flag, eh?
    They are so fickle, and fragile ego’d. They will not argue rationally with you or I, instead simply closing the thread like a spoiled child flipping over a chess board. The old saying that power corrupts, that’s true, but it’s funny how just a little imaginary bit of power can go to some people’s heads. I’ve seen a bunch of different servers, and when the admins start turning “Caligula”, it’s usually a sign of decline.

Now, I’d like to dedicate this paragraph to hypocrisy. Now, I’m good friends with Hypocrisy, but he says he knows a couple of you. Zetanor, are the rumors of Takara bribing his way out of a ban true?  Oh, no. The Watergate Scandal of 2D spess man games.  I think it’s a laugh, really. Nothing serious, it’s just administration policy that resembles the management of a cheap brothel.  Now, any sort of corruption in a SS13 server is as petty as petty comes, but hey, I’m a petty person. Wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t, but I’m among good company.

• The reason there is so much more regulation is because of the number of players. Theres a big difference between being killed on a server with 15 people and a server with 60. You have to wait a lot longer to get back into the game.

If you think an admin is abusing their power PM DoctorDrew or Zetanor.

• A certain admin kept unbanning Takara because “he is a mumble regular” or some shit, it’s not some big fucking cover-up, just one admin showing favouritism. He’s a valid free kill anyway, because of it.
    Also, you didn’t see the rounds tonight, no admins, it was chaos. Plasma, fire, and pacid everywhere.

• Around the time the admins sign off is when the authentic Nox experience begins. Then it’s just a righteous anarchic space-commune, where you can trust only yourself. When you don’t have to worry about the powers that be intruding into business that the other person started, but damn well, you’ll finish it. Night time is the best time.

And favoritism exploits the common man. Takara’s gotten away with so many offences that if it were anyone that was not in overt dealings with the admins, they’d have been banned a hundred times over. But not Takara. Because of favoritism. I would not be surprised if Takara were one of the Admin’s friends in real life, or perhaps just an alt that one of them uses for griefing. Gotta be some reason he gets so many special favors.

• @SonnyCrockett:

When the same admin gets changeling three times in a row, it’s kind of a red flag, eh?

go on.

• @SonnyCrockett:

Around the time the admins sign off is when the authentic Nox experience begins. Then it’s just a righteous anarchic space-commune, where you can trust only yourself. When you don’t have to worry about the powers that be intruding into business that the other person started, but damn well, you’ll finish it. Night time is the best time.

And favoritism exploits the common man. Takara’s gotten away with so many offences that if it were anyone that was not in overt dealings with the admins, they’d have been banned a hundred times over. But not Takara. Because of favoritism. I would not be surprised if Takara were one of the Admin’s friends in real life, or perhaps just an alt that one of them uses for griefing. Gotta be some reason he gets so many special favors.

Very true, Takara gets permabanned but comes back in like 2 days without even submitting a ban appeal.

• Why not just add something to the admin ban logs to show who unbanned someone?

• There are logs but currently admins can only see everything from the day of and everything else only people with access to the host machine can see.

• @SonnyCrockett:

Around the time the admins sign off is when the authentic Nox experience begins. Then it’s just a righteous anarchic space-commune, where you can trust only yourself. When you don’t have to worry about the powers that be intruding into business that the other person started, but damn well, you’ll finish it. Night time is the best time.

You’re a fucking idiot and I hate you. The only two admins that made themselves antagonists over and over are now both de-adminned (unless you have another name), and Takara is banned forever, he’s only been unbanned once from his permaban only for it to be reinstated in less than a day.

So basically the only valid complaint I’m seeing here is that you’re buttmangled that you can’t do shitty fuck things cause admins are actually doing their jobs?

• @Dr.:

You’re a fucking idiot and I hate you. The only two admins that made themselves antagonists over and over are now both de-adminned (unless you have another name), and Takara is banned forever, he’s only been unbanned once from his permaban only for it to be reinstated in less than a day.

So basically the only valid complaint I’m seeing here is that you’re buttmangled that you can’t do shitty fuck things cause admins are actually doing their jobs?

Two? Wait, what. Who was the other person?

• evading a forum ban

• All I hear are people crying about having a regulated server. I know there are a couple of admins/moderators that ban with a hair trigger, but it is better than having your head caved in.

• Administrators

@SonnyCrockett:

Zetanor, are the rumors of Takara bribing his way out of a ban true?

Well yes. The offer is open to everyone. We charge $49.95+tx per unban. Admin status is also available for $79.95+tx per month. This is how we finance the server.

• Too many rules, anarchy and chaos is best.

Ban Takara, he causes too much anarchy and chaos.

This is what I got from your post. Besides takara is permad.

• chaos is cool if the round is slow as fuck. either then that, regulation is best.

• Which is why it’s suggested that people pray for antag on slow rounds that seem to be going nowhere.

• @Rover:

Takara’s been banned for two days, Q.E.D, your complaints of poor management are completely unfounded.

Sort of paraphrased you there. There’s a sort of flaw to your logic there. You see,
    It was not the chaos that I disagreed with. It was the inequity. There were a good couple weeks where he got away with anything. I bet you that people who beat his brains in afterwards were held more accountable for their actions than he was.

@Zetanor:

Well yes. The offer is open to everyone. We charge $49.95+tx per unban. Admin status is also available for $79.95+tx per month. This is how we finance the server.

You see, there are problems when you run a server like a whorehouse.

• Administrators

@SonnyCrockett:

You see, there are problems when you run a server like a whorehouse.

Wouldn’t be a whorehouse if you weren’t here 8) 8)
    :walk: :walk: :walk:

• Ok, we’ll make you an admin for three easy payments of 29.99 and your credit card number

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.