[MAC] Missing textures and models

• I have already read this thread and done what it suggests.  However, I think I have a somewhat different issue.  I have a brand new Mac Mini and HL2 and CS:S are fairly new to OS X.  There are other things, like Lost Coast or Zombie Panic! Source that are not yet ported.  I suspect this is the problem.

Does anyone know offhand what textures and models from what games are used in ZS on NN?  I probably already own these games for PC but no longer have a PC.  I’m not sure if this can be fixed just by copying the textures and models from my PC into an appropriate directory would work, but it seems Garry’s Mod needs a working installation of a program to use its information.

Is there a workaround for this?

• I have already read this thread and done what it suggests.  However, I think I have a somewhat different issue.  I have a brand new Mac Mini and HL2 and CS:S are fairly new to OS X.  There are other things, like Lost Coast or Zombie Panic! Source that are not yet ported.  I suspect this is the problem.

Does anyone know offhand what textures and models from what games are used in ZS on NN?  I probably already own these games for PC but no longer have a PC.  I’m not sure if this can be fixed just by copying the textures and models from my PC into an appropriate directory would work, but it seems Garry’s Mod needs a working installation of a program to use its information.

Is there a workaround for this?

• Counter Strike: Source is enough, HL2 Episode 2 is optional.
    Make sure to run the game at least once, and then mount it in gmod.

• I’ve done this, and checked every game I have in Garry’s Mod, but am still missing lots of textures and models.  Some maps are playable with few or none missing, while others are just a mass of checkberboard and giant red ERROR models.

For completeness, these are all the games I have installed in Steam and also checked in Garry’s Mod.

Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2.

Not available in OS X (or not installed) and therefore uncheckable:  Age of Chivalry, Alien Swarm, CS: Global Offensive, D.I.P.R.I.P., Dino D-Day, Dystopia, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, Half-Life: Source, Insurgency, Nuclear Dawn, Pirates, Vikings and Knights II, Portal 2, Zeno Clash, Zombie Panic! Source.

Other than Lost Coast or Zombie Panic! Source, or perhaps CS: Global Offensive, I don’t see anything that is likely to account for this many missing textures.  Can you think of any way to troubleshoot this?  Does Garry’s Mod keep an error log somewhere?

(I’ve already tried the methods in the previous thread that I linked to earlier.)

EDIT:  Whatever I did, eventually it worked.  So far as I can tell, it has cleared itself up, even though I’ve done nothing new.

• Looks like I spoke too soon.  I just got another map with a slew of problems.  Here’s the console log.  Most of the errors seem to fall into a few small classes.

If this is too much crap, say so in a reply and I’ll pare it down to a single example of each type.

Zombie Survival
    Map: zs_cargo_freight
    Players: 60 / 75
    Build: 5290
    Server Number: 127

SoundEmitter:  removing map sound overrides [1 to remove, 0 to restore]
    NoXiousNet.com | Official Zombie Survival
    http://noxiousnet.com/loading/index.php
    zombiesurvival
    zs_cargo_freight
    Requesting 7 lua files from the server

ConVarRef zs_zombiedamagemultiplier doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    ConVarRef zs_zombiespeedmultiplier doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    ConVarRef zs_survivalclips doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    ConVarRef zs_repairpointsperhealth doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    ConVarRef zs_medkitpointsperhealth doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    ConVarRef zs_waveonezombies doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    ConVarRef gmod_physiterations doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    ConVarRef as_freezetime doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    ConVarRef as_numrounds doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: concrete/concretefloor011a_c17
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: concrete/concretefloor033o
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/metalceiling005a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: concrete/concretefloor033k_c17
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: glass/combineglass001a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: concrete/concretefloor005a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/metaldoor059a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/metaldoor046a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: glass/glasswindow017a
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\Table_meeting.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\trash_can_p.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\trash_can_p1.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\trash_can_p2.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\trash_can_p3.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\trash_can_p4.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\trash_can_p5.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\trash_can_p6.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\trash_can_p7.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\trash_can_p8.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\microwave.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p1.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p2.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p3.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p4.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p5.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p6.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p7.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p8.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p9.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p9a.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_gib1.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_gib2.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p8a.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p7a.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p6a.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p6b.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p5a.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p5b.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p4a.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p4b.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p3a.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p2a.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_caseB_p1a.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\Vending_machine.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\Table_coffee.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\Table_coffee_p1.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\Table_coffee_p2.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\Table_coffee_p3.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\computer_mouse.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\projector_gib1.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\projector_gib3.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\Chair_office.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\Cardboard_box03.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_box.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_box_p1.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_box_p2.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_box_gib1.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_box_gib2.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_box_p2a.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_box_p2b.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_box_p2c.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_box_p2d.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_box_p1a.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_box_p1b.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_box_p1c.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_box_p1d.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_cabinet1.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\Cardboard_box02.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\file_cabinet3.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\radio.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\radio_p1.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\radio_p3.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_assault\HandTruck.mdl needs to be recompiled
    No pure server whitelist. sv_pure = 0
    MDLCache: props_industrial\warehouse_shelf004.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props_industrial\warehouse_shelf003.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props_industrial\warehouse_shelf003.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props_industrial\warehouse_shelf001.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_militia\boxes_frontroom.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_assault\forklift.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_office\Shelves_metal1.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\de_nuke\truck_nuke.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\de_train\Lockers001a.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_assault\LadderAluminium128.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\cs_assault\wirespout.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\de_nuke\truck_nuke_glass.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\de_nuke\ElectricalBox01.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\de_train\de_train_horizontalcoolingtank.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\de_nuke\wall_light.mdl needs to be recompiled
    MDLCache: props\de_nuke\ElectricalBox02.mdl needs to be recompiled
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_assault/consolepanelloadingbay.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_militia/light_outdoor.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_assault/floodlight01.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_militia/light_outdoor.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_assault/floodlight01.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_nuke/crate_large.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_nuke/winch.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_port/tankoil02.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_assault/firehydrant.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_assault/wall_wires2.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_port/tankoil02.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_junk/food_pile02.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_militia/lightfixture01.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_militia/lightfixture01.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_port/cargo_container01.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_italy/it_doorc.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_prodigy/desk_console1.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_inferno/ceiling_light.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_assault/wall_wires2.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_office/crates_indoor.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_militia/crate_stackmill.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_dust/du_crate_64x80.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_dust/du_crate_96x96.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_nuke/crate_large.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_prodigy/prodcratesb.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_militia/boxes_garage.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_port/cargo_container01.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_assault/meter.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_assault/meter.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/de_inferno/ceiling_light.mdl)
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_junk/food_pile03.mdl)
    clientside lua startup!
    Lua JIT is DISABLED!
    Found Header Date
    Found Header Server
    Found Header Cache-Control
    Found Header Expires
    Found Header Pragma
    Found Header Set-Cookie
    Found Header X-Powered-By
    Error: Material "___fillrate_0" uses unknown shader "FillRate"
    Error: Material "___debugnormalmap_1" uses unknown shader "DebugNormalMap"
    Error: Material "___debugdrawenvmapmask_2" uses unknown shader "DebugDrawEnvmapMask"
    Error: Material "___debugdepth_3" uses unknown shader "DebugDepth"
    Error: Material "___debugdepth_4" uses unknown shader "DebugDepth"
    Error: Material "debug/debugluxels" uses unknown shader "DebugLuxels"
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: concrete/concretefloor005a
    Error! Variable "$envmap" is multiply defined in material "aviator/aviator"!
    KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer:  got EOF instead of keyname in file materials/phoenix_storms/zc_tube.vmt
    VertexLitGeneric, 
    Error: Material "models/humans/female/pupil_r" uses unknown shader "Eyeball"
    Error: Material "models/humans/female/pupil_l" uses unknown shader "Eyeball"
    Error: Material "blackrockshooter/iris_r" : proxy "FleshInterior" unable to initialize!
    Error: Material "blackrockshooter/iris_l" : proxy "FleshInterior" unable to initialize!
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/metaldoor046a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: concrete/concretefloor011a_c17
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: concrete/concretefloor033o
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/metalceiling005a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: concrete/concretefloor033k_c17
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: glass/combineglass001a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/metaldoor059a
    env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: glass/glasswindow017a
    Failed to load sound "player/pl_wade1.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
    Redownloading all lightmaps

• Apparently this is just a Mac related issue, on the FP forums, Ambro has posted a solution, I hope it helps.

• Thanks.  Last night, looking through those errors, decided it was probably something like this and took it to the FP forums.  They pointed me to the same thread, so I’ll give it a shot and see what happens, and report back if it works.  Sounds like it will.

[edit]Looks like it worked!  If you have a Mac and you have this issue, give this a shot.  My guess is this will ultimately be fixed, so every update or so, I’ll move the CSSFiles directory out of addons, check CS:S again, and see if it does.  But until then, it’s fixed.[/edit]

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.