Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Dre9889, kpres98 unban appeal

• Your BYOND Key: Dre9889
    Your IC name: Joshua Martin
    Your job: Assistant
    Your ban: Game
    Your previous bans: A previous permanent ban for a misunderstood joke
    Who banned you: dentonthegrill
    Reason provided: Metagaming
    When you were banned: 9:15 PM, 5/4/2013
    Ban length: Permanent
    Why you think you were banned: A friend and I joined into the game. The EVA doors were open, so we walked inside and took some suits. We then witnessed a Syndicate agent murder the captain. I picked up the captain’s E-Gun, and stunned the Syndicate Agent. I then took his L6 SAW and my friend and I ran into the teleporter room, where we were banned around 10 seconds later.
    Why you should be unbanned: I don’t really see how this could be classified as metagaming. Anyone who sees the EVA doors open are going to walk in. If the ban was due to taking the space suit, that could easily just be an IC punishment. As for stunning the Syndie, I again do not see how stunning your would-be murderer can be considered metagaming. I was merely doing it in defense of myself and the captain.

• Your BYOND Key: Dre9889
    Your IC name: Joshua Martin
    Your job: Assistant
    Your ban: Game
    Your previous bans: A previous permanent ban for a misunderstood joke
    Reason provided: Metagaming
    When you were banned: 9:15 PM, 5/4/2013
    Ban length: Permanent
    Why you think you were banned: A friend and I joined into the game. The EVA doors were open, so we walked inside and took some suits. We then witnessed a Syndicate agent murder the captain. I picked up the captain’s E-Gun, and stunned the Syndicate Agent. I then took his L6 SAW and my friend and I ran into the teleporter room, where we were banned around 10 seconds later.
    Why you should be unbanned: I don’t really see how this could be classified as metagaming. Anyone who sees the EVA doors open are going to walk in. If the ban was due to taking the space suit, that could easily just be an IC punishment. As for stunning the Syndie, I again do not see how stunning your would-be murderer can be considered metagaming. I was merely doing it in defense of myself and the captain.

• Your BYOND Key: Kpres98
    Your IC name: Simon Black
    Your job (syndie?): Assistant
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): game
    Your previous bans: none
    Reason provided: metagaming
    When you were banned: 9:15 PM 5/4/13
    Ban length: Permanant
    Why you think you were banned: I have no idea I was just walking around with my friend. I had no idea what he was doing, I was just walking with him trying to learn how to play.
    Why you should be unbanned: I am very new to this game as my friends have told me it is fun to play. All I know is how to play as a security guard and an assistant. My friend was playing and I was just following him around trying to be learn how to play space station. Then we were running away from a red alien thing which I guess is called a syndie. We ran into this room and suddenly I was banned. My friend tells me metagaming is using unobtainable info to win. However I was not trying to win or loose or really do anything. I was just following him where ever he went. I would like to be unbanned so I can continue playing and learn the game.

• @dre9889:

A friend and I joined into the game.

I saw 2 people working together without a single word said.

The guy wasn’t a syndie agent but you thought he was… so you take his stuff… but don’t kill him. You didn’t do anything to the guy that actually was killing the captain either. You could’ve gotten people away from gateway where this all went down… but you didn’t. You just took their gear and ran off geared up guns out like that isn’t suspicious at all.

You’re going to have to try harder than that.

• Okay, I can see where the suspicion is coming from… Anyway, no words needed to be said, he is new to the game and likes to follow me around. There wasn’t any out of game communication other than me texting him, asking if he wanted to play SS13. Also, he didn’t work with me at all. He was waiting for me while I shot the supposed syndie, as he still doesn’t know his way around the station. Lastly, the other guy that was killing the captain had run off, and I wasn’t about to go chasing him. I took care of the immediate threat. I didn’t know if the guy had any other weapons, so we ran away. Thats really all there was to it.

• i reduced the time on it. if it happens again the ban stays.

Users

Topics