Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Defense appeal for Sonny Berkowitz

• Now, I’m just a simple country lawyer, and I ain’t what got no pictures or screen shots, or logs. But what I do have is the truth. I won’t lie to you. Now, I fully admit I killed a few people, but when I did, I had a good reason. Under new space law, major crimes can be punished by death. Though it my executions have been overstated, I feel I must address them. You see, I didn’t kill indiscriminately. Sometimes, when there’s no admins on, a few malcontents tend to repeat offend on the station. People like Jonny Law, and Malphas Grant, and Albert Fish, and Hamas Power. Now, I know for a fact that among the crowd speaking out against me stands a couple of those names.  You see, I give Jonny Law harsh treatment because he just loves the brig so much. Two minutes into a round, I catch him breaking into nitrous storage. Keeps claiming he wanted a gas mask, but it was an obvious lie.  He kept claiming I was metagrudging, but I had him under arrest for some whole new crimes he had committed. Perhaps you’ve seen the movie “Double Jeopardy” too many times and base most of your understanding of why you can’t be prosecuted on those terms, but the law don’t work like that. Just because you do something twice doesn’t mean that I can’t convict you for it the second time.

Now, Hamas Power tried to break into the brig in that chaotic round, and did some very suspicious things. I tried to tell Hamas to surrender. I gave him full warning, but he did not. Then, I felt a sting. Little did I know it was Abraham, the guy in the wizard cloak, and not Hamas. A fellow officer saw the events, and stunned the crowd of non-security people who always accumulate outside of brig to cause trouble, and rescued me. Hamas had rocketed up the charts in terms of suspicion, he had rushed me, walled off a cell, tried to break out a previous offender, and etcetera. I was at that moment sure he was a ling. Regardless, he had committed sabotage, and become an enemy of the station. Under Space Law, I was within my rights to execute him for the welfare of the station.

Now, the round that the Warden attempted a coup de tat agaisnt me opened with me and a fellow officer arresting Jonny Law. Again. Jonny Law said he wanted to kill me, and that he was a ling, and wanted to drain my life from me. Hah. Talk about metagrudging. The pot calling the kettle black. We deal with Jonny Law, and then the Warden makes a move to stun me and the fellow officer. I rescue the officer who was downed, and proceed to cuff the Warden. I tried to talk some sense into him, but ultimately, he wouldn’t see reason, so I brigged him. At no time did I consider harming him, and I tried to extend the olive branch to him. However, the station had other troubles, so I went out to patrol. The singularity had been sabotaged, and the CE was the last person to touch it. We were all making a run for the door, but the CE was trying to block it. It was pretty damned clear he had been the one to sabotage the engine, so I stunned him to get him down so I could get past. Then, the captain calls me up to the bridge. I go to the bridge to make sure he’s okay when I see the warden. I stay calm though, and try to talk it out with them. I see the captain making a move for his gun, so I fled. The warden pursues, but I go to the bridge window to try and speak to the captain. Alas, the warden tasers me, and drags me to Permabrig. The Warden takes my ID, and grabs the position of HoS. He walks off, and a loyal officer walks in, and asks what happened. I tell him the truth, of the Warden’s treachery, and he uncuffs me. The Warden walks back in. We speak, tensely. Each wondering when the other’s going to make a move. Finally, the warden attempts to draw, and the officer tased him. I imprison the warden for his treason, and move to the pods, as the evac had been called.

I acted within the bounds of space law. Now, the times when there are no acting administration on are very frantic. Like the Old West. Sometimes a man has to make his own justice. Can’t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, and a few rotten apples spoil the whole bunch.

• Now, I’m just a simple country lawyer, and I ain’t what got no pictures or screen shots, or logs. But what I do have is the truth. I won’t lie to you. Now, I fully admit I killed a few people, but when I did, I had a good reason. Under new space law, major crimes can be punished by death. Though it my executions have been overstated, I feel I must address them. You see, I didn’t kill indiscriminately. Sometimes, when there’s no admins on, a few malcontents tend to repeat offend on the station. People like Jonny Law, and Malphas Grant, and Albert Fish, and Hamas Power. Now, I know for a fact that among the crowd speaking out against me stands a couple of those names.  You see, I give Jonny Law harsh treatment because he just loves the brig so much. Two minutes into a round, I catch him breaking into nitrous storage. Keeps claiming he wanted a gas mask, but it was an obvious lie.  He kept claiming I was metagrudging, but I had him under arrest for some whole new crimes he had committed. Perhaps you’ve seen the movie “Double Jeopardy” too many times and base most of your understanding of why you can’t be prosecuted on those terms, but the law don’t work like that. Just because you do something twice doesn’t mean that I can’t convict you for it the second time.

Now, Hamas Power tried to break into the brig in that chaotic round, and did some very suspicious things. I tried to tell Hamas to surrender. I gave him full warning, but he did not. Then, I felt a sting. Little did I know it was Abraham, the guy in the wizard cloak, and not Hamas. A fellow officer saw the events, and stunned the crowd of non-security people who always accumulate outside of brig to cause trouble, and rescued me. Hamas had rocketed up the charts in terms of suspicion, he had rushed me, walled off a cell, tried to break out a previous offender, and etcetera. I was at that moment sure he was a ling. Regardless, he had committed sabotage, and become an enemy of the station. Under Space Law, I was within my rights to execute him for the welfare of the station.

Now, the round that the Warden attempted a coup de tat agaisnt me opened with me and a fellow officer arresting Jonny Law. Again. Jonny Law said he wanted to kill me, and that he was a ling, and wanted to drain my life from me. Hah. Talk about metagrudging. The pot calling the kettle black. We deal with Jonny Law, and then the Warden makes a move to stun me and the fellow officer. I rescue the officer who was downed, and proceed to cuff the Warden. I tried to talk some sense into him, but ultimately, he wouldn’t see reason, so I brigged him. At no time did I consider harming him, and I tried to extend the olive branch to him. However, the station had other troubles, so I went out to patrol. The singularity had been sabotaged, and the CE was the last person to touch it. We were all making a run for the door, but the CE was trying to block it. It was pretty damned clear he had been the one to sabotage the engine, so I stunned him to get him down so I could get past. Then, the captain calls me up to the bridge. I go to the bridge to make sure he’s okay when I see the warden. I stay calm though, and try to talk it out with them. I see the captain making a move for his gun, so I fled. The warden pursues, but I go to the bridge window to try and speak to the captain. Alas, the warden tasers me, and drags me to Permabrig. The Warden takes my ID, and grabs the position of HoS. He walks off, and a loyal officer walks in, and asks what happened. I tell him the truth, of the Warden’s treachery, and he uncuffs me. The Warden walks back in. We speak, tensely. Each wondering when the other’s going to make a move. Finally, the warden attempts to draw, and the officer tased him. I imprison the warden for his treason, and move to the pods, as the evac had been called.

I acted within the bounds of space law. Now, the times when there are no acting administration on are very frantic. Like the Old West. Sometimes a man has to make his own justice. Can’t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, and a few rotten apples spoil the whole bunch.

• Are you a real cowboy

• I’m going to jobban you from everything but Detective, because you are perfect for that.

• spawn him with a mateba and 2 boxes of .357. he’s an obvious gun slinger.

• I’m no hero, and I’m no villain. I’m just a man trying to make order out of chaos. Now, I fully realize the futility of the situation, but in a grey and grey morality, there’s only day to day survival. I think I’m going away for a while. I’m goin’ way down south. Way down to Mexico. You just can’t run a good, effective police force with out some equivalent of Internal Affairs calling efficiency  corruption when it’s simply pragmatism.

• You’re a giant faggot.

Users

Topics