Starbound is terribly made

• www.playstarbound.com

Almost out of Early Access. It’s been far too long.

Any post I make in this topic from this post onwards will be news, screenshots, and spoilers only: http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=17780.msg299799#msg299799

• www.playstarbound.com

Almost out of Early Access. It’s been far too long.

Any post I make in this topic from this post onwards will be news, screenshots, and spoilers only: http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=17780.msg299799#msg299799

• I don’t know if this is for 6 month ETA or for Starbound not being out yet.

• -Very, VERY old post that wasn’t news. Snip.-

• Yay another block game where you take blocks and put them somewhere else autism overload zzzzNORE

• I would say that stuff like this has replaced legos, since legos are really really expensive now ( hundreds of dollars for a set ) but the people that play these games are the same people I built legos with when I was a kid.

• I dont have a problem with a game that can allow people to be creative in some way while also having other things to do, what’s wrong with that?

• It’s not that I have an issue with it, it’s that I find it strange that the demographic is so much wider despite the concept being mostly the same, if more complex and interactive.  I think the reason that things like terraria and minecraft are so popular is because you can play them online, really, which kind of runs contrary to lol autism,  but maybe I’m failing to understand what the games are about.

• Why is everyone so excited for Starbound?

Another shitty block game.

• Banned

@flickenmaste:

Why is everyone so excited for Starbound?

Another shitty block game.

no one forces you to play it

how do you know it is shitty have you played it?

• There’s always someone Kolmio.

• It’s kind of funny. Terraria has features that Minecraft should have had, and Starbound has features that Terraria should have had. Maybe we’ll have a complete game in a few cycles. Or maybe Starbound is that game, though while I’m sure it’ll be good, it’s from the developers of Wanderlust, so…

• I don’t think starbound is going to be the messiah of the sandbox builders. But from what I’ve seen so far it is definitely a step in the right direction; especially since it looks like it is going to have segments where you have to solve problems in ways other than placing blocks below you to climb higher.

• @DrunkenOrc:

I don’t think starbound is going to be the messiah of the sandbox builders. But from what I’ve seen so far it is definitely a step in the right direction; especially since it looks like it is going to have segments where you have to solve problems in ways other than placing blocks below you to climb higher.

I’m interested in it because, well, exploring spess and seeing the different landscapes and ecosystems of all the planets. With random generation, you never know what waits for you.

• Zetanor has split the “Terraria and Starbound” thread (thank you).

And some news to go with it; if you’ve not been checking my steam profile title, Starbound is on track for releasing pre-orders. They’re not out yet but will be in likely a few hours. I’ll post when the pre-order is ready and include a link in the OP.

Pre-order tiers:

• Pixel tier, $15. A copy of the beta when ready, A copy of the game when ready, A copy of the soundtrack immediately(~66 tracks overall). A 4 pack of this tier is available at a 15% discount.

• Silver tier, $20. basically Pixel tier but with a contributor badge on their forums. A 4 pack of this tier is available at a 15% discount.

• Gold tier, $45. basically Silver tier + you get an NPC named after you.

• Diamond tier, $75. Gold tier + forum badge upgrade + name in the credits

• Platinum Tier, $500. Diamond tier + forum badge upgrade + you get to design a hat

• Solarium Tier, $1,000. Platinum tier + forum badge upgrade + design a weapon (how it will look and how it fires or swings)

• Impervium Tier, $2,000. Diamond tier (this isn’t a typo, it really is Diamond tier and not Solarium tier) + forum badge upgrade + get a statue of yourself in the game as an object

Each tier will have a steam key when the Beta is ready.

There’s also a free tier which gives you an icon on their forums for tweeting.

• They need vast modding support. If they do that then it’ll be like minecraft except with a decent engine, gameplay, and physics. Minecraft gets a lot of its longevity from mods.

• Preorders for Starbound have begun.

http://playstarbound.com/store/

• Well I decided to pre-order, wonder if anyone will buy the highest few options.

• -Post was made when this thread and the Terraria thread were merged together. Snip.-

• You can get a bird tits forum icon if you tweet about the game!

Also

Beanus asked: Will the game be developed to support modding?
    Rho_: the modding things a kyren question, she indicated shed like to if she had time, possibly post release
    Tiy: Modding is something we’d love to do yeah
    Tiy: aside from traditional modding though, we’re hoping we can put out the tools we will be using to create missions
    Rho_: yeah, i can say if we do modding we’ll do it right
    Tiy: so players can create their own missions
    Tiy: really easily

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.