[REL] zs_obj_crestsofwaves

• BEHOLD! The only map that will ever be associated with me under 150 MB! It’s the Crests of Waves you all know and love, but with a couple key changes.

Fasties locked. I replaced them with fresh dead for two segments of the highway.

You can pick up the weapons.

Fact: if you stare at this wall, you will see Pufulet’s avatar. It helps to stand back.

Download

Believe it or not, not much has changed, keeping the jumping sequence that will claim kleiner and ZS champ a like. There’s various tweaks like not falling in to water at the bridge ladder and being able to climb under the gate before it’s fully opened.

If you’re struggling to find that last barrel or gascan at the end, the map is not broken. You’re truly failing to find it. Look where you otherwise wouldn’t.

You’ll get something special at about five seconds before you win. I guess you could call it… a blast from the past.

:link:

Other Changes

Puke Pus spawns outside human spawn.

Shade spawns in the village.

Bonemesh swarm at the village. How many you’ll face depends on how many zombies respawn in the 35 seconds collecting window.

Fast headcrab swarm at the power house.

Added even more guns. Rebalanced guns.

Added my “mapping signature,” a physbox which instantly gibs zombies it touches. (One time use.) You’ll have to activate Assassin Creed tier parkour mode to get to it, outside spawn.

Made redeem friendly. Redemption is 3 brains. At the 10 second win countdown, it’s 1 brain.

One resupply box spawns on the highway.

Humans lose at the 60 minute mark instead of 50.

• BEHOLD! The only map that will ever be associated with me under 150 MB! It’s the Crests of Waves you all know and love, but with a couple key changes.

Fasties locked. I replaced them with fresh dead for two segments of the highway.

You can pick up the weapons.

Fact: if you stare at this wall, you will see Pufulet’s avatar. It helps to stand back.

Download

Believe it or not, not much has changed, keeping the jumping sequence that will claim kleiner and ZS champ a like. There’s various tweaks like not falling in to water at the bridge ladder and being able to climb under the gate before it’s fully opened.

If you’re struggling to find that last barrel or gascan at the end, the map is not broken. You’re truly failing to find it. Look where you otherwise wouldn’t.

You’ll get something special at about five seconds before you win. I guess you could call it… a blast from the past.

:link:

Other Changes

Puke Pus spawns outside human spawn.

Shade spawns in the village.

Bonemesh swarm at the village. How many you’ll face depends on how many zombies respawn in the 35 seconds collecting window.

Fast headcrab swarm at the power house.

Added even more guns. Rebalanced guns.

Added my “mapping signature,” a physbox which instantly gibs zombies it touches. (One time use.) You’ll have to activate Assassin Creed tier parkour mode to get to it, outside spawn.

Made redeem friendly. Redemption is 3 brains. At the 10 second win countdown, it’s 1 brain.

One resupply box spawns on the highway.

Humans lose at the 60 minute mark instead of 50.

• 1. The ceiling and floor of some places around the map are using gmod’s fallback textures
    2. That prebuilt barricade with pony names as the nail owners, falls apart.
    3. Pukepuss is stuck
    4. Those vans have light, which don’t make sense.
    5. music is shit
    6. Too many (high tier) weapons
    7. Where are the cows?
    8. Did you know this map was made for a gamemode called Zombie Outbreak?

• @Shock120:

1. The ceiling and floor of some places around the map are using gmod’s fallback textures
    2. That prebuilt barricade with pony names as the nail owners, falls apart.
    3. Pukepuss is stuck
    4. Those vans have light, which don’t make sense.
    5. music is shit
    6. Too many (high tier) weapons
    7. Where are the cows?
    8. Did you know this map was made for a gamemode called Zombie Outbreak?

^That, I tested it with Box and then separate as well.
    I also had Purple & Black sky.

take some lessons from Pufulet, at least

• I take it Box was the one the one that commented on the music? hehe…

Guess it’ll be two days’ work instead of one.

take some lessons from Pufulet, at least

I put multiple craft items, I swear.

What are you referring to?

Jet should know multiple prop nails don’t function. Only the 1st does.

Puke Pus was in a clip. Fixed.

The vans have light in the original. Players’ attention is drawn to orange against blue light, and the vans are important.

I’ll cull some of the weapons.

I’ll put a cow somewhere.

I did know. :king:

Is that all of them? Can be fixed in half an hour. I don’t want you guys to have to test it again.

• I can’t say I’m a fan of a dubstep remix of a Tears for Fears song either. Getting rid of custom music brings the file size down too.

• It’s smaller than the original without the music. So I’ll remove the remix and stop trying to let people listen to things other than HL2_song12_long for the 1000th time. ahue

I’m keeping the other two at the end, if you played long enough to notice them, which by these glaring issues i thank you for bringing to my attention, I’d bet you didn’t.

• Nothing has been done to address the places zombies spawn, I.E. directly above objectives.  Without a total redesign of the layout gameplay with human players will be terrible. The map just doesn’t translate over well from Zombie Outbreak. It’s not worth fixing this.  It’s not a ZS map and it’s boring.  Let it die.

• never

I did implement a subtle alteration to that. There’s a door which will buy the players those few extra seconds they need to get by the 1st corridor. As for the cliff, I like the frantic of zombies dropping down and running a muck. It is a ZS map now.

On a sidenote, I’ll get someone else who isn’t me to test my edit before I release it next time.

• Game Admins

If you are going to actually do this seriously:

1. Make sure that every objective based prop has some way of respawning if it falls into the water/trigger_hurt. Everytime there is a prop based objective players are able to just throw the prop into the water causing humans to instantly lose.

2. Make sure those nails in the benches have attachto as the benches (as a named entity) and nailto as worldspawn. Right now they can be picked up.

3. Get rid of the 69 worth deal and return it to 100. No one would like this since it would break pretty much everyone’s loadouts and even though it’s meant to be a joke number, you can’t really buy anything that lasts long with 69 worth.

4. Change the final area so the red gas cans and the blue barrels spawn closer to each other. Right now gas cans spawn near the houses above the docks and the blue barrels are hanging out in the water. There will probably be no chance of coordinating humans to find the parts without dying to something.

Also I just noticed Crest of Waves had a map profile that increased the damage humans did to zombies by 2.5 instead of 1.0. That explains why it was so easy to kill them.

• Download Crests of Wave Fixed Edition V2: The Fixening

Changed skybox. Couldn’t get the stock to work no matter what.

Worth returned to 100.

Puke pus unstuck.

Remix removed.

Some weapons removed or downgraded. I did an entity report of all zs_weapons and it’s modest (by my standard).

Thank you all for your help!

I don’t know how Jet tagged CoW with the damage profile (being a different compile under a different name, this should be unaffected) but in my singleplayer testing 1 shredder bullet to the head kills the fresh dead after they fall. :link:

1. Make sure that every objective based prop has some way of respawning if it falls into the water/trigger_hurt. Everytime there is a prop based objective players are able to just throw the prop into the water causing humans to instantly lose.

You can’t throw the explosives off the highway. Any further time I spend on anti griffing would be converted to fun much more efficiently if I was working on zs_stalker instead.

Oh, I’ve neglected to mention this entire time: those who cade in the spawn will be trigger hurted. Survivors will be trigger hurted again.

• @FriskyPiranha:

You can’t throw the explosives off the highway. Any further time I spend on anti griffing would be converted to fun much more efficiently if I was working on zs_stalker instead.

Code demonstrated what he’s talking about to me when we tested the map , and it is not on the highway segment. At the end of the map there are a lot of props and a lot of water.  You would need to do a lot to keep people from chucking important things into inaccessible places.  It feels like you don’t really understand that part of the map, possibly because we’ve never been there on the server since it’s terrible. If you’re really not interested in spending any more time on this, let me please again suggest you stop working on Crests of Waves and let it die.

• lol

The only time I’ve been to the end was with Elliot in a near empty server. We couldn’t find the last barrel. By that time all the dumb griffers should have their brains eaten, and only humans motivated to win will remain.

I’m now past the point of letting it die, because I am done with it, BECAUSE it is now fun, working, and most of all, challenging to even organized teams.

May I ask you, if you don’t like the concepts in my stalker edit, what is it you’d rather I’d be working on? rofl

• @FriskyPiranha:

I’m now past the point of letting it die, because I am done with it, BECAUSE it is now fun, working, and most of all, challenging to even organized teams.

I’m expecting to see this map on the server today.
    I bet everyone will like this map :link:

• humans win because map isn’t challenging

“ZS 2 EZ”

humans lose because bad players

“map is shit”

• I spawn in and within ten seconds have a medkit and an uzi.  I now have a specialized loadout for this map that is a tosser and medkit ammo.

Thirty seconds later, I find a shredder at the first objective.  Isn’t this the weapon that one-shots fresh dead?  At least I have enough firepower to do all of these fun shoot-the-wall things by myself. After chewing through a few doors and props, I find benches inexplicably floating on top of one another.  I shoot all of them and move on.  Second objective done.

Having brought down the fence, I march boldly forwards, break a wall, go up the ladder, grab a gas can, and throw it on top of the cliff.

Success!    Map over.

• One proven rule of the universe: In Hammer, you will break as much as you fix. There WAS a clip there to prevent that, but I deleted it to unstick Puke Pus.  :wacko:

You wanna go Nukkun? Come on, let’s go! You list exploits and I patch them in Hammer quick ‘n’ dirty. This version is going on the server though.

Also, you didn’t answer my question. c:

• Things that are new, original, interesting, and fun.

• Game Admins

@FriskyPiranha:

The only map that will ever be associated with me under 150 MB!

@FriskyPiranha:

Added my “mapping signature,”

@FriskyPiranha:

At the 10 second win countdown, it’s 1 brain.

Why?

• @Pyramid:

Things that are new, original, interesting, and fun.

The golden words.

Also what Benjy asked. That’s just stupid.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.