Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Getting rid of intro?

• I play the zombie survival server often but a lot of the time when the map changes I end up as a zombie or it wont load at all and its pretty obvious to me its the intro that comes with it is really hard on my computer and internet to try to download a map and play a video at the same time and i was wondering if there was a way to permanently get rid of it so i can actually load maps? :ohmy:

• I play the zombie survival server often but a lot of the time when the map changes I end up as a zombie or it wont load at all and its pretty obvious to me its the intro that comes with it is really hard on my computer and internet to try to download a map and play a video at the same time and i was wondering if there was a way to permanently get rid of it so i can actually load maps? :ohmy:

• To be honest with you, it’s not the intro that’s lagging you.  It is probably your computer.  It’s also not a video, it’s a GIF image.

• yes i know its partially my computer but whenever i join a server without an intro even with the same maps it loads pretty fast but when i come onto a server with a GIF intro it takes normally 5-7 minutes for it to load and it seems like it would be the GIF more than my computer because my computer cant run anything else AT ALL even if its an in game GIF when its playing source games and also my internet providers are possibly some of the cruelest people on earth

• Reroute noxiousnet.com to localhost in your hosts file (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts, open it with an elevated Notepad) and see if it changes your loading time. It won’t but feel free to try.

• Try disabling High Dynamic Range in video options, when enabled, it usually increases map loading time.

• Banned

Wasn’t there some problem with the loading screen when it was first added that made it hard or impossible to join servers without crashing? Maybe he is experiencing this or something similar, I dunno.

• They’re gif files. Not videos.

Users

Topics