Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Jobban from Heads

• Your BYOND Key: Sir_Veillance
    Your IC name: Ben McKay
    Your job (syndie?): Head of Security
    Your previous bans: None
    Who banned you: Chozandrias76
    Reason provided: Jobbans, (Reasoning behind was putting a non-rev into critical.)
    When you were banned: Around 12:55 A.M. EST
    Ban length: Jobbans
    Why you think you were banned: According to the conversation I had with Chozandrias I was jobbanned from the head roles because I put a non-rev into crit using my energy guns.
    **Why you should be unbanned:**Alright, well it was a Revolution, and I was Head of Security. I’ve been in the same situation many times before, I play HoS a lot. Anyways, it’s pretty stressful. I had already implanted quite a few people, caught a head, converted a few revs back with implants. However the CMO was talking about how a ton of people were loitering around medbay entrance, and it was true, I ran to medbay to make sure he was safe, he was standing in the foyer, lots of people were hanging out around the entrance, wouldn’t be surprised if almost all of them were revs. Anyways, somehow one of the doors got opened, and a lawyer rushed in, he started firing a taser at me, at the same time a ton of people flooded in. I stunned the lawyer with the taser and shot a few lasers into him to try to put him aside while I attempted to deal with everyone else. We managed to get people out of medbay, and I was headed for the bridge to recharge my gun when Chozandrias PM’d me to ask why I had lasered the guy, who apparently wasn’t a rev. (He said he tried tasering me because he was a moron, not a rev.)
    ANYWAYS! After that wall of text, I feel like I should be un-jobbanned because during a revolution as HoS, you are a prime target, free ID, free weapons, free armor. People kill you with no thoughts at all. When someone rushes into medbay and tries to taser you, you don’t take it lightly. I have tried to be a bit less strict as HoS on a few rev rounds, and it ALWAYS ends badly, with me dead, and usually a bunch of others too. In the heat of the moment, when someone is trying to taser you in medbay and a bunch of people are rushing in, it just feels like a good idea to at LEAST put the one guy who tried tasering me out of the way for a bit, I mean he can always be healed once things have cleared up. But I never really got the chance because I got jobbanned.

Well, that’s about it. I suppose I can see the reasoning behind me being jobbanned, although I don’t especially agree with it.

• Your BYOND Key: Sir_Veillance
    Your IC name: Ben McKay
    Your job (syndie?): Head of Security
    Your previous bans: None
    Who banned you: Chozandrias76
    Reason provided: Jobbans, (Reasoning behind was putting a non-rev into critical.)
    When you were banned: Around 12:55 A.M. EST
    Ban length: Jobbans
    Why you think you were banned: According to the conversation I had with Chozandrias I was jobbanned from the head roles because I put a non-rev into crit using my energy guns.
    **Why you should be unbanned:**Alright, well it was a Revolution, and I was Head of Security. I’ve been in the same situation many times before, I play HoS a lot. Anyways, it’s pretty stressful. I had already implanted quite a few people, caught a head, converted a few revs back with implants. However the CMO was talking about how a ton of people were loitering around medbay entrance, and it was true, I ran to medbay to make sure he was safe, he was standing in the foyer, lots of people were hanging out around the entrance, wouldn’t be surprised if almost all of them were revs. Anyways, somehow one of the doors got opened, and a lawyer rushed in, he started firing a taser at me, at the same time a ton of people flooded in. I stunned the lawyer with the taser and shot a few lasers into him to try to put him aside while I attempted to deal with everyone else. We managed to get people out of medbay, and I was headed for the bridge to recharge my gun when Chozandrias PM’d me to ask why I had lasered the guy, who apparently wasn’t a rev. (He said he tried tasering me because he was a moron, not a rev.)
    ANYWAYS! After that wall of text, I feel like I should be un-jobbanned because during a revolution as HoS, you are a prime target, free ID, free weapons, free armor. People kill you with no thoughts at all. When someone rushes into medbay and tries to taser you, you don’t take it lightly. I have tried to be a bit less strict as HoS on a few rev rounds, and it ALWAYS ends badly, with me dead, and usually a bunch of others too. In the heat of the moment, when someone is trying to taser you in medbay and a bunch of people are rushing in, it just feels like a good idea to at LEAST put the one guy who tried tasering me out of the way for a bit, I mean he can always be healed once things have cleared up. But I never really got the chance because I got jobbanned.

Well, that’s about it. I suppose I can see the reasoning behind me being jobbanned, although I don’t especially agree with it.

• I was the CMO who threw said lawyer out the virologist disposal chute and was also contacted from cho, and I’ll say what I said then. What are you supposed to think when during a rev round with 4-5 people standing right outside the doors to medbay saying NOTHING clearly waiting to kill you and a lawyer runs in shooting a taser at the HoS. Would you have been able to tell Trader wasn’t a rev without checking his player file? Dude shouldn’t be jobbanned tbh.

• Dude should learn not to kill first and ask questions later. He actually killed the only non antag that round.

• Wouldn’t that be the lawyer’s fault though? Joining in antag activities while a non-antag is a good way to get yourself robusted, especially during rev rounds.

• Perfect situation to use a flashbang, multiple civilians and you’re not sure who’s hostile.

• @Smudgyglasses:

I was the CMO who threw said lawyer out the virologist disposal chute and was also contacted from cho, and I’ll say what I said then. What are you supposed to think when during a rev round with 4-5 people standing right outside the doors to medbay saying NOTHING clearly waiting to kill you and a lawyer runs in shooting a taser at the HoS. Would you have been able to tell Trader wasn’t a rev without checking his player file? Dude shouldn’t be jobbanned tbh.

@Phiiosoraptor:

Wouldn’t that be the lawyer’s fault though? Joining in antag activities while a non-antag is a good way to get yourself robusted, especially during rev rounds.

Yeah, I just don’t see the reasoning behind banning me from ALL heads because some idiot decided to attack the HoS during a rev round. I’m sorry, that’s how I work, when someone goes after me during a rev round I fight back.

• I remember this. Yes this is true, the lawyer was acting like a rev around revs, so thats a key to being PURGED.

Users

Topics