Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Need help on map making

• I would like to make a deep space ship map for ss13 but cant figure out how.(tg wiki failed me)
    As to add a flare I would possibly add cannons (mass drivers) on the sides and see if anyone could code a special event where all dead players become pirates and the cannons use bombs and are used to fend their ship off, a load of good times that would be. It would have all the station amenities and just be a station that could (possibly) move to different y levels. Sound good?There would also be very weak bombs to start off in crates in some sort of shell storage area only accesible by the warden and shell crates by all security.

• I would like to make a deep space ship map for ss13 but cant figure out how.(tg wiki failed me)
    As to add a flare I would possibly add cannons (mass drivers) on the sides and see if anyone could code a special event where all dead players become pirates and the cannons use bombs and are used to fend their ship off, a load of good times that would be. It would have all the station amenities and just be a station that could (possibly) move to different y levels. Sound good?There would also be very weak bombs to start off in crates in some sort of shell storage area only accesible by the warden and shell crates by all security.

• Just use BYOND’s built-in map editor.

• I need to figure out how to use ss13 parts though to make it.

• You’d probably have to look into the coding for that. APC’s and the likes. Use pipes, wires, etc.

• Map making is a big task, and it’s much harder if you’re new to byond’s code structure.

If you have any specific questions about coding or map making though feel free to ask.

• I’m afraid I can’t help with coding. I can only code very basic things. I’m more of an iconner, but if you need help, I’ll try regardless. You can try using the excellent tutorials on the Tgstation Wiki, though.

Users

Topics