Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

[RELEASE] zs_2033_obj_

• Welcome to the metro ranger. Please keep your limbs inside the out of control cart at all times.

Start in an enclosed spawn which can be climbed out of. Choose whether to go left or right. Get the valve. Survive a triple puke pus encounter.

Build a prop bridge while warding off a tickle monster. Survive either a wave of entirely fresh dead… or fast headcrabs. Survive one of six bosses chosen at random (Tickle, Nightmare, Puke Pus, Bonemesh, Shade… or An Ancient Evil.)

Don’t get gibbed by the ghost train.

Get the batteries. Escape on the cart while mowing down fasties to this song. Winner survival.

![](http://[http://i.imgur.com/KD4zxPy.jpg[/img]<br /><br />https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98907096/zs_obj_2033.rar<br /><br />[b]My Comments[/b]<br /><br />There’s much more running than barricading, though you won’t encounter fasties until the cart escape sequence. Speaking of which, I put a teleport on the back that catches you in the inevitable event of clipping through.<br /><br />As you can guess by theming, The Metro is darker than the pit in Takara’s body cavity where a soul would go. There’s plenty of [glow]spotlamps[/glow] (you know, those deployable floodlights) for counter-action.<br /><br />You will not die by gravity at the bridge construction, and it’s easy to get back up. There’s both water and hungry mutants to break your fall. A transparent world brush prevents anti-skycading. <br /><br />There are no secret spots where humans can indefinitely delay the match.<br /><br />This map is [glow]redeem friendly[/glow]! The catch is you need [glow]5 brains[/glow] to earn that special care.<br /><br />There’s a [glow]flamethrower[/glow] in the spawn’s market which can be nailed to create a flame turret of sorts.<br /><br />One diversion is a single use physbox which deals 1337 damage upon impact. Another is a gnome, which when taken to the end unlocks “БУНКЕР ФРИСКИ ПИРАНОВ.”<br /><br />98.1% of the credit goes to HighDef. I just injected an objective route for NoxiousNet to enjoy.<br /><br />[center][b]Songs[/b][/center]<br /><br />[center][url]Triple Puke Pus Music[/url]<br /><br />[url]80% Infliction Music[/url]<br /><br />[url]Escape Music[/url][/center]<br /><br />[center]Thanks, and have fun.[/center])

• Welcome to the metro ranger. Please keep your limbs inside the out of control cart at all times.

Start in an enclosed spawn which can be climbed out of. Choose whether to go left or right. Get the valve. Survive a triple puke pus encounter.

Build a prop bridge while warding off a tickle monster. Survive either a wave of entirely fresh dead… or fast headcrabs. Survive one of six bosses chosen at random (Tickle, Nightmare, Puke Pus, Bonemesh, Shade… or An Ancient Evil.)

Don’t get gibbed by the ghost train.

Get the batteries. Escape on the cart while mowing down fasties to this song. Winner survival.

![](http://[http://i.imgur.com/KD4zxPy.jpg[/img]<br /><br />https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98907096/zs_obj_2033.rar<br /><br />[b]My Comments[/b]<br /><br />There’s much more running than barricading, though you won’t encounter fasties until the cart escape sequence. Speaking of which, I put a teleport on the back that catches you in the inevitable event of clipping through.<br /><br />As you can guess by theming, The Metro is darker than the pit in Takara’s body cavity where a soul would go. There’s plenty of [glow]spotlamps[/glow] (you know, those deployable floodlights) for counter-action.<br /><br />You will not die by gravity at the bridge construction, and it’s easy to get back up. There’s both water and hungry mutants to break your fall. A transparent world brush prevents anti-skycading. <br /><br />There are no secret spots where humans can indefinitely delay the match.<br /><br />This map is [glow]redeem friendly[/glow]! The catch is you need [glow]5 brains[/glow] to earn that special care.<br /><br />There’s a [glow]flamethrower[/glow] in the spawn’s market which can be nailed to create a flame turret of sorts.<br /><br />One diversion is a single use physbox which deals 1337 damage upon impact. Another is a gnome, which when taken to the end unlocks “БУНКЕР ФРИСКИ ПИРАНОВ.”<br /><br />98.1% of the credit goes to HighDef. I just injected an objective route for NoxiousNet to enjoy.<br /><br />[center][b]Songs[/b][/center]<br /><br />[center][url]Triple Puke Pus Music[/url]<br /><br />[url]80% Infliction Music[/url]<br /><br />[url]Escape Music[/url][/center]<br /><br />[center]Thanks, and have fun.[/center])

• There is absolutely no way that a 1gig map is being added. You’d have to reduce the size to like 20% of that at least.

• It looks like you’ve packed at least half of the high definition textures from Metro 2033.

lol

• @JetBoom:

There is absolutely no way that a 1gig map is being added. You’d have to reduce the size to like 20% of that at least.

It pains me to remove the music, but that’s what I must do to make it 4 MB smaller somewhat larger than zs_obj_outland without completely gutting the map.

lol

• zs_2033_obj_v (183 MB) is the version I am submitting for server rotation. Thank you for consideration.

The textures were ripped from the game using a 3d ripper, Sally. I replaced most of them with HL2 textures.

• Wait you exported the textures from metro 2033?

Explain

• Frisky Piranha Jan 21, 2013 @ 11:45am
    I heard an interesting theory that zs_abandonnedmall is the defualt because it’s alphabetically first in the list. Think I could get away with a naming convention of “zs_AA_obj_”?

:king:

• It is not.

• @FriskyPiranha:

It pains me to remove the music, but that’s what I must do to make it 4 MB smaller somewhat larger than zs_obj_outland without completely gutting the map.

Uh oh.

Bz2 users make it even smaller (in my case 92 mb). Including the fact that outland in .BSP format is 174 mb and your map in .RAR format is 183 mb.

• dregs.wav is 28.2MB.

• Seems to be missing a lot of stuff. Purple textures and sound missing. Looks like you used ep1. Besides that there’s huge tunnels that go no where, you can jump over the starting area gate, and I’m sure there’s a pony reference taking up 50MB. Crashed my game too.

• Convert the .wav’s to mp3’s

• https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98907096/zs_obj_2033.rar

Less missing textures, smaller size.

If you’re crashing I’m guessing it’s a corrupt model, so I deleted some detailing. I’ve never crashed on it.

• Still purple and black textures. Still can walk right over the first door. Can’t open either of the two subway blast doors. 5 mile walk in the most generic looking tunnel I’ve ever seen, got a message about “come over here stalker”, then I was teleported in to a room full of npcs spamming emotes at a high pitch and drowned.

Just stop.

Users

Topics