Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Color Correction question

• So in my new ZS map, zs_scrapmetal, I’m using a blueish color correction effect to give a nice ambiance. However, I’ve seen in some color correction tutorials that having two color correction entities active at the same time can cause errors. Well, to get the desired effect in my map, I blended two color correction entities together to get the current effect. The map runs fine in CSS and GMod but I’m not sure if it will cause any problems. I don’t know how to combine the two into one .raw table so I’ve been using 2 color correction entities. Anyone know if 2 color correction entities will effect the map? And if they do can you tell me how to combine the two color correction entities?

Here’s some pictures with my color correction. The one on the left has color correction.

• So in my new ZS map, zs_scrapmetal, I’m using a blueish color correction effect to give a nice ambiance. However, I’ve seen in some color correction tutorials that having two color correction entities active at the same time can cause errors. Well, to get the desired effect in my map, I blended two color correction entities together to get the current effect. The map runs fine in CSS and GMod but I’m not sure if it will cause any problems. I don’t know how to combine the two into one .raw table so I’ve been using 2 color correction entities. Anyone know if 2 color correction entities will effect the map? And if they do can you tell me how to combine the two color correction entities?

Here’s some pictures with my color correction. The one on the left has color correction.

• Why do you need two? Why not just use the average of the two values?

• Well to be honest when I first started making the map I was messing around with color correction and accidently added in a color correction entity from one of my other maps. I liked the effects so i kept them. I didn’t know if they would cause any errors or anything so I just left them there. Thanks for the suggestion Jet I’ll just use the average of the two so I can have 1 color correction.  :biggrin:

• Yes, there is a way for doing that.
    You can combine 2 .raw files into one so you get a mixed CC. I don’t remember what option it was (I think the last one in CCUI list) but you could load .raw files and combine them. Not sure tho.

But your CC looks great I gotta say.

EDIT: I think it just uses one of your CC’s. You should check it out.
    EDIT 2: Don’t know if you knew, but the loaded (aka the one you are currently working on in colorcorrectionui) CC differs from a created .raw one.

Users

Topics