Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Unjobban request + unban

• Your BYOND Key: Absynth
    Your IC name: Security Cyborg, Jimmy Jimjams
    Your job (syndie?): Borg
    Your previous bans: None
    Who banned you: Antion
    Reason provided: ‘Bad Cyborg’
    When you were banned: 6:10pm March 25th
    Ban length: 24 hour ban
    Why you think you were banned: I have NO idea. I didn’t receive any warning and I played 100% as a great borg. I did not kill anyone.
    Why you should be unbanned: Because I have absolutely no clue what this ban was for and I’m a little angry about it. Here’s the skinny:

I play as Sec borg during a syndie round. I capture 3 syndies and bring them to brig, then take off to go after more. The warden and security completely fuck up, their (non-killed) syndies go free and kill everyone there. I fight all 4 of them by myself as sec borg, and eventually they take me down with flashes. Then I suddenly get banned? I did not kill anyone, I did not even HURT anyone except once by accident with harm intent on, with a single stunbaton, which I APOLOGIZED TO THE SYNDIE FOR afterwards. At the VERY worst I bucklecuffed 2 syndies in the courtroom while fighting the other two? Is that ban worthy? It was literally in the middle of combat and lasted for maybe 30 seconds. I think I at least deserve an explanation here. I did not break any laws, I did not receive any warning, and I did not break any server rules.

• Your BYOND Key: Absynth
    Your IC name: Security Cyborg, Jimmy Jimjams
    Your job (syndie?): Borg
    Your previous bans: None
    Who banned you: Antion
    Reason provided: ‘Bad Cyborg’
    When you were banned: 6:10pm March 25th
    Ban length: 24 hour ban
    Why you think you were banned: I have NO idea. I didn’t receive any warning and I played 100% as a great borg. I did not kill anyone.
    Why you should be unbanned: Because I have absolutely no clue what this ban was for and I’m a little angry about it. Here’s the skinny:

I play as Sec borg during a syndie round. I capture 3 syndies and bring them to brig, then take off to go after more. The warden and security completely fuck up, their (non-killed) syndies go free and kill everyone there. I fight all 4 of them by myself as sec borg, and eventually they take me down with flashes. Then I suddenly get banned? I did not kill anyone, I did not even HURT anyone except once by accident with harm intent on, with a single stunbaton, which I APOLOGIZED TO THE SYNDIE FOR afterwards. At the VERY worst I bucklecuffed 2 syndies in the courtroom while fighting the other two? Is that ban worthy? It was literally in the middle of combat and lasted for maybe 30 seconds. I think I at least deserve an explanation here. I did not break any laws, I did not receive any warning, and I did not break any server rules.

• OOC: Antion: Harmbatonning a lot without being subverted, being bad in general

• @Galloran:

OOC: Antion: Harmbatonning a lot without being subverted, being bad in general

That is some massive horseshit right there. Ask anyone I was playing against. I harmbatoned by accident after switching from tasers and immediately switched intents.  ‘Being bad in general’? What does that even mean? I’m a bad cyborg player? That was one of the best cyborg rounds I’ve ever had and certainly one of the best sec borg rounds. Ask anyone who I played with or who was watching me, I was the epitome of a law-abiding cyborg. If and/or when the real admins check logs they’ll see exactly what I’m talking about.

Edit: In fact I know exactly how many times I harmbatoned: Three. The first time was one hit against a Syndie in space who kept magically floating away and I tried to see if stunning would make him stop, and I apologized to him immediately and stopped using my baton. The second and third where when I opened the Courtroom door and faced 4 syndies in the brig; I hit two of them once each with the harmbaton - again, by accident - and switched intents right away. It’s a little hard to check intents when you have four lasers shooting at you.  So is hitting 3 people once each in perfectly reasonable circumstances, which I apologized for and stopped doing it right away, jobban worthy from Cyborg and 24-hour ban worthy? Really?

• Why are you even ever on a non-help intent as a cyborg?

• @Antion:

Why are you even ever on a non-help intent as a cyborg?

Because when I was fighting the Syndicates they would often shove me around on the Help intent, which made it very difficult to aim tasers with because sec borgs on help intent no longer block movement. So I would change it to Harm intent so that I could block off corners, etc. Whenever I change to stunbaton I -always- change intents, but it is so rare because 98% of the time as sec borg, I use: Sec vision, taser, handcuffs. I could not possibly have hit any of them enough with it that they would complain about it. It was an amazing battle and even though I died it was still heroic and awesome. Why did you have to ruin it by immediately banning me? With no word at all? Died, said one comment in ghost, BAM banned. Seriously?

• There was a point in time where three syndies were running around in brig and you were pacing about in the court room. You opened the door, there was some gunfire, and then you ran away to do god knows what.

• @Smudgyglasses:

There was a point in time where three syndies were running around in brig and you were pacing about in the court room. You opened the door, there was some gunfire, and then you ran away to do god knows what.

Heh yeah actually at that point I had like 62 battery power and couldn’t do ANYthing, so I had to high tail it back to the washroom recharger… while at near-death crit damage. Fun. I knew going in I had to suicide charge, it would be impossible to find anyone who could repair me.

• So is anything going to be done about this? The ban is over but it seems I’m jobbanned permanently from cyborg. I would really like a higher ranked admin to weigh in on this.

• Hey I also notice I am banned from AI now? What the fuck?

Users

Topics