Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

A few idea suggestions, easy to code

• 1. Allow ghosts to go into the character setup menu and change job preferences, etc. exactly as if it was round start. Changes only apply after the current round, of course.

2. A disposal pipe that goes directly from the mining bay to an area of your choice without having to dick around with packages and such. Metal delivery system, essentially, that only allows sheets and only goes to Robotics, R&D, or Engineering.

3. A mining cart similar to the janicart but with 50% of the speed. Holds up to 200 raw ores.

4. For Malf AI: Remove the ability to jump between APCs. Replace it with a new malf ability: Walker Mode: Mechanical legs unfold from your AI core, allowing you to walk around at a slow pace. You can also fire small lasers from it (similar to wizard eyebeam). When you walk in a new area it immediately begins draining from the room’s APC, so you no longer need to remain near an SMES. If you enter an area with no power, you begin taking integrity damage.

5. New borg modules:

a) Transport Borg: Can pick up and unload items, load or unload crates, and should have a module to allow riders to ride on top. When emagged, it has a Gravity Catapult. Lots of other potential uses as well.

b) Search & Rescue Borg: Has remote access to suit locators, a module to force someone to wear internals (if not already wearing one), a tracking implant installer, an inaprovaline injector, and can generate a field around itself that causes all tiles within 3 radius to instantly become normal room temperature, clears gasses, etc. Can also deploy wheeled gurneys and can strap people to them. When emagged, gives access to chemical implants which are filled with chloral hydrate.

c) Atmos Borg: Immune to fire, has a firefighting deployer that sprays water in a 3-tile radius around it, is a portable air scrubber, has a metal foam gun to plug hull breaches. Can also attach itself to a canister or air pipe and vacuum up the contents, which are stored and can be expelled from internal compartments. When emagged, gets an industrial flamethrower.

Just some ideas anyway, none of these are very hard to code

• 1. Allow ghosts to go into the character setup menu and change job preferences, etc. exactly as if it was round start. Changes only apply after the current round, of course.

2. A disposal pipe that goes directly from the mining bay to an area of your choice without having to dick around with packages and such. Metal delivery system, essentially, that only allows sheets and only goes to Robotics, R&D, or Engineering.

3. A mining cart similar to the janicart but with 50% of the speed. Holds up to 200 raw ores.

4. For Malf AI: Remove the ability to jump between APCs. Replace it with a new malf ability: Walker Mode: Mechanical legs unfold from your AI core, allowing you to walk around at a slow pace. You can also fire small lasers from it (similar to wizard eyebeam). When you walk in a new area it immediately begins draining from the room’s APC, so you no longer need to remain near an SMES. If you enter an area with no power, you begin taking integrity damage.

5. New borg modules:

a) Transport Borg: Can pick up and unload items, load or unload crates, and should have a module to allow riders to ride on top. When emagged, it has a Gravity Catapult. Lots of other potential uses as well.

b) Search & Rescue Borg: Has remote access to suit locators, a module to force someone to wear internals (if not already wearing one), a tracking implant installer, an inaprovaline injector, and can generate a field around itself that causes all tiles within 3 radius to instantly become normal room temperature, clears gasses, etc. Can also deploy wheeled gurneys and can strap people to them. When emagged, gives access to chemical implants which are filled with chloral hydrate.

c) Atmos Borg: Immune to fire, has a firefighting deployer that sprays water in a 3-tile radius around it, is a portable air scrubber, has a metal foam gun to plug hull breaches. Can also attach itself to a canister or air pipe and vacuum up the contents, which are stored and can be expelled from internal compartments. When emagged, gets an industrial flamethrower.

Just some ideas anyway, none of these are very hard to code

• @Absynth:

Drag a crate behind you. Holds infinite ore.

• a) A crate does not let you ride it

b) Crates do not hold infinite anything

• To be fair, all of these are decent well thought out ideas.

“2. A disposal pipe that goes directly from the mining bay to an area of your choice without having to dick around with packages and such. Metal delivery system, essentially, that only allows sheets and only goes to Robotics, R&D, or Engineering.”

As a scientist, I would LOVE this.

• There’s a mailing system in cargo bay that allows this, but cargo rarely uses it because they’re stupid or doesn’t know how and ends up sending mail to disposals. It’s a lot better than dragging crates through half the station to be run into or stolen however so encourage (i.e. yell) at those useless cargo techs to use it.

You don’t even know how much I love the atmos borg though.

• @Smudgyglasses:

There’s a mailing system in cargo bay that allows this, but cargo rarely uses it because they’re stupid or doesn’t know how and ends up sending mail to disposals. It’s a lot better than dragging crates through half the station to be run into or stolen however so encourage (i.e. yell) at those useless cargo techs to use it.

Miners have access to the mail room. A related suggestion would rather be: Give R&D an intercom tuned to the Supply channel. Also why isn’t this in the suggestions forum?

• @Antion:

Also why isn’t this in the suggestions forum?

That is a good question, the answer is because

that’s all I got sorry

• I support dis. :mellow:

• I had a dream I was the atmos borg and it was pretty great until death eaters showed up and started shooting at me.

• Put this in Space Suggestions e_e

Users

Topics