Feedback thread

• Anything you feel should be changed or added based on playing the first few rounds.

That includes maps. Any that should be removed?

• Anything you feel should be changed or added based on playing the first few rounds.

That includes maps. Any that should be removed?

• Some maps include wands immediately accessible to deaths, the problem is the beam goes through the walls separating the deaths and runners.

The lasers on the moving platform trap on silent hill don’t seem to kill runners at all.

• Can you do anything about players spawning in traps and having no options to get out?

• 1)

Make it so blood splatters don’t show up when runners hit other runners with the crowbar. This could cause a lot of lag to people with lower end computers.

2)

Also make it so the kill feed doesn’t show up in the chat when a mass amount of runners are killed.

3)

The life system needs some serious tweaking; as of right now runners can steamroll through the map without problems. People waste their lives just to set off traps or kill other runners.

4)

The button reservation for deaths doesn’t work well. You have to stare down at the button to reserve it, which gives you limited visibility as to what the runners are doing. (Make it so right clicking reserves the button for 45 seconds, sass does this and it works very well.)

5)

Giving people an instant bhop script removes the point of bhopping. People who are good at it should be rewarded, not just any player who can hold down space.

6)

Make player names less intrusive. They are pretty big and get in the way.

Some of these are my opinion (Bhopping one), but the rest really need fixing, especially the life system.

• Options to disable movement roll and player accessories.

• Some maps have adverts for other servers on them. Iceworld is one of them.

• @Lord:

Some maps have adverts for other servers on them. Iceworld is one of them.

I doubt most of those servers are even still up.

• @GumADum:

I doubt most of those servers are even still up.

Not the point

• I really like the random traps that come out of nowhere it’s like I’m really playing I wanna be the guy. The map was iceworld

Remove the [Custom / FastDL].

• @Lord:

Can you do anything about players spawning in traps and having no options to get out?

Like not being able to spawn in trigger_hurt areas.

• Deaths can no longer pickup weapons.
    I’m not sure if some maps they’re supposed to pick anything up or not. But I’ll assume not and that guns are just for Runners.

Lives tweaked
    I altered the algorithm. It’s now based around a single difficulty convar. Lives are then based around the simple math of: (traps / players) / (difficulty / 2.5). So at difficulty 1 you’ll have to have less than 2.5 people dying per trap to get to the end.
    You’ll see people with 1 life starting when populated. But that kind of makes it boring if you die. I still need to add something to do when that happens.

Names made less obtrusive.
    They’re below the player instead of above and are transparent.

Button reservation made easier
    You now just have to mouse over the button once. It will become unreserved if you walk away from the button. Distance based instead of pointer based.

Kill feed tweaked
    Messages are a bit shorter. Max area it encompasses is smaller. Fixed it so when a notification goes away the notifications after it don’t get pushed up.

Adverts filtered
    I added a filter so it won’t allow IP addresses or URLs…

Other
    Spectator names show up on scoreboard at the bottom.
    The first round takes 20 seconds to start as soon as the 2nd player joins.

@Lord:

Can you do anything about players spawning in traps and having no options to get out?

Yeah. You’re allowed 5 check points to cycle through so it sounds like you just missed the big text on the HUD that said how to cycle spawns. But I’ll add more check points and I’ll also make it so by default it picks the 2nd to last spot.

• Runners have too many lifes.
    When there’s not a large amount of people online it’s hard for 1 death to stop everyone. Maybe make it so that there can be a minimum of 2 deaths at any time?

• Thirdperson Option.

• Can we open up a thread for map suggestions? It’s pretty great so far but we obviously just need a bigger variety of maps.

• Forced third person as death is really, really annoying.

• Third person can now be toggled with F3. Still forced as death while you have your scythe out until I get view model in.

@Dr.:

Can we open up a thread for map suggestions? It’s pretty great so far but we obviously just need a bigger variety of maps.

That’s what the board is there for.

• I don’t know if you really wanna hear bug reports ITT, but if you join the server while a run is in progress the spectator mode gets all fucked up. That is, the controls don’t work and most of the HUD disappears. Small glitch but first impressions are important, eh?

• Here is a list of map bug that I have found so far (Don’t know if you want to hear them yet)
    Deathrun_citadel - Deaths get stuck in teleporter after first area
    Deathrun_ramesses_revenge - Trap respawn time is about 10 seconds
    Deathrun_steamwroks - Bhop is either impossible or to the point where no one will win, Shooting gallery wands do not spawn correctly
    Deathrun_mario_v1 - Bhop is either impossible or to the point where no one will win
    Deathrun_minecraft - FIXED
    Deathrun_akai_sup3r_f1nal - (part with the rotating pole) Trigger-hurt extends into the “Safe” area the map maker put in
    Deathrun_hells_canal - extremely short map, hard to see
    Deathrun_gauntlet - Deaths can camp the runners spawn after they win
    Deathrun_combine - Map is missing? some people get DCed upon joining
    Deathrun_poker - “New” ending is missing wands for the death team
    Deathrun_Jazzjackrabbit2_GA_v2 - No checkpoints can be made, AFK killer in spawn causes inta-death (FPS drop when looking at spawn)
    Deathrun_T3CH_Stable - some trap buttons have instant use, making it impossible to win (shit map in general) also 3 broken traps

EDIT:
    Deathrun_darkwoods_V4 - Just a shit map, traps respawn quickly and no AFK killer

• Sometimes when i die I can noclip the next life. Anyone else have this?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.