Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Issue in MPTV

• Whenever I watch videos on mptv, other servers that have similar theatre functions or even youtube videos in the steam webrowser, at random intervals my computer will crash (usually when a new video starts), just shut right down no errors no nothing. This is not just a garrysmod thing it happened to me while watching a video via steam browser once in synergy. I recently dusted out my computer using compressed air and I don’t see anything fried so that’s not a possibility. This has been happening to months now and I would like to get to the bottom of this- Please any ideas may be helpful. This is a store bought computer.

My computer specs

8 GB ram
    AMD Phenom™ II x6 1605T processor 2.90 GHz
    AMD RADEON HD 6450

Personally I suspect flash player but again, anything can be helpful!  ;)

• Whenever I watch videos on mptv, other servers that have similar theatre functions or even youtube videos in the steam webrowser, at random intervals my computer will crash (usually when a new video starts), just shut right down no errors no nothing. This is not just a garrysmod thing it happened to me while watching a video via steam browser once in synergy. I recently dusted out my computer using compressed air and I don’t see anything fried so that’s not a possibility. This has been happening to months now and I would like to get to the bottom of this- Please any ideas may be helpful. This is a store bought computer.

My computer specs

8 GB ram
    AMD Phenom™ II x6 1605T processor 2.90 GHz
    AMD RADEON HD 6450

Personally I suspect flash player but again, anything can be helpful!  ;)

• Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration on flash?

Or try a different GPU, possibly the one integrated in your motherboard.

Does this happen with any other browser? IE uses different flash from firefox, steam, and other browsers. See if you crash on IE.
    Try reinstalling flash.

Also try memtest on your ram.

Prebuilt computers often come with a very cheap powersupply, may be worth checking that too.

Phenom x6 1605T is a name given to unlocked phenom x4 960T. Did you personally unlock the cores? It is rather unusual for a vendor to sell unlocked parts because they are hit and miss on the unlockability, and can cause instability.

• Where should I start?

I’ll try the first suggestion, when there is a high population on players on MPTV (8+ players in public theatre one all uploading videos)

I’m not to sure what you mean here.

I have never crashed on any other browser, and I belive chrome uses flash player other browsers?

Memtest looks really intimidating for a rather novice user like me.

Not to sure where I would find the model of my power supply.

I have never tinkered with any of the cores, so I guess the vendor did unlock them.

• google chrome comes with flash player by default.

Try updating GPU Drivers - http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
    Update Flash for other browsers - http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
    Disable Hardware acceleration - open up steam overlay/Firefox/other browser, play a youtube video, right click it, options, untick “Enable hardware acceleration”.

Users

Topics