Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Predator Survival Mode

• The Predator comes to the space station to hunt. He is armed with his armor, his thermal helmet, night vision, his staff, wrist blades and plasma caster. And as he hunts you better watch your back, you could be next. He would prey on the crews paranoia. Pick up a weapon, he’s gonna consider you a new target. He’ll have a limit of three healing crystals similar to that of the 2010 video game, so he can only be caught and fought 3 times without risk of having permanant injury. And he cannot fight or rather hunt unarmed humans, so he you know, your paranoia becomes your weakness. And the ship AI is the only thing that can see him on camera so you have to cooperate heavily with each other to put a stop to the Predators hunt. And if you are unable to kill him in time while you have him cornered he can activate his explosive wrist bracelet, as a failsafe it can only be activated in orange level health. He does strong melee damage and his plasma caster can kill on instant but has to recharge after two shots. It’s armor gives little in the way of protection but he has high health as a added bonus.

I think this could be a cool game mode. I got the idea from the skinning suggestion.

• The Predator comes to the space station to hunt. He is armed with his armor, his thermal helmet, night vision, his staff, wrist blades and plasma caster. And as he hunts you better watch your back, you could be next. He would prey on the crews paranoia. Pick up a weapon, he’s gonna consider you a new target. He’ll have a limit of three healing crystals similar to that of the 2010 video game, so he can only be caught and fought 3 times without risk of having permanant injury. And he cannot fight or rather hunt unarmed humans, so he you know, your paranoia becomes your weakness. And the ship AI is the only thing that can see him on camera so you have to cooperate heavily with each other to put a stop to the Predators hunt. And if you are unable to kill him in time while you have him cornered he can activate his explosive wrist bracelet, as a failsafe it can only be activated in orange level health. He does strong melee damage and his plasma caster can kill on instant but has to recharge after two shots. It’s armor gives little in the way of protection but he has high health as a added bonus.

I think this could be a cool game mode. I got the idea from the skinning suggestion.

• Should change it to Aliens Vs. Predator… XENOS VS ALIENS VS HUMANS…

Therefore, a good idea… But, I don’t think they’re accepting new modes at the moment.

• Thanks for replying.

• No Problem. I like to social.

• We kinda have Space Ninjas to fill this niche already.

• Or You can just use this for Special Events.

• I been thinking for a while now that a pradator game mode would be pretty cool just never suggested it. I like the idea of it and think it would make a cool game mode to add to the cycle, maybe start with 3 predators that spawn in a ship with various weapons, kinda like syndies and they have an objective to fill such as killing the captain and collecting his skull or something of the such. Either way I think it would be fun and switch things up a bit since we rarely see space ninja used anyway.

• Yeah, ninja isn’t used I noticed.

• Rarely it is, like once every 2-3 weeks I see it done. Still predator would be fun, hell it could add a new predator vs alien gamemode to where both spawn, kinda like ling traitor rounds. I think it would add a lot of fun to the server.

• 307 views but only 16 replies? Something feels wrong here.

• @Antion:

We kinda have Space Ninjas to fill this niche already.

And yet they rarely appear.

• Predators Introduction would start with 4 Predators. Predators can survive the Space… They’ll come to Space Station 13 by Syndicates station. No hard feelings bros.
    Predator’s Objective
    -Kill (Insert Job here) (Insert Random Crewmember’s name here)
    -Wipe 60% of the station
    -Kill and take 2 Xeno’s head.
    -Have 3 Predators escape on Emergency Shuttle.
    You have a hour complete this task!

Remember, you are Predator! The Predator chat is :t. To communicate to Xenos, XENOS MUST BE NEARBY YOU, also you have to see them (Not like a Hivemind). :r

Remember, this is a group task… Not Alone… Let’s say if Predator A got Xeno’s head and Predator B got another Xeno’s head… And they return to the Predator Station, all predators completed the task…

Xeno’s Introduction would start with 1 Queen, 2 drones, 2 Hunters, and 3 Facehuggers… (Facehugger dun work on Predators.) They spawn inside the meteor… They’ll both will wait until after “CODE BLUE” for around 6 minutes to give crew time to work. Then they’ll pop out somewhere hidden in the station and AI will have to find them… NO ANNOUNCEMENTS will be made… Xeno can survive in space.
    Xeno’s objectives
    -Kill (Insert Job here) (Insert Name here)
    -Facehug 5 different people…
    -Have at least 3 Xenos escape on Emergency Shuttle.
    -Wipe 70% of the station’s crew. (DUE TO FACEHUGGERS)
    This still is a group task. Not Solo…
    To communicate to other Xenos… (There is already one). To communicate with Predators, THEY MUST BE NEARBY YOU, also you have to see them. :r

HUMANS has no objectives except one…
    -Do your fucking jobs. (Special Circumstance can be taken from/by your head. NO EXCEPTIONS)
    Remember, this is on Space Station 13… Not a real live Aliens Vs Predator.

• Sounds like a pretty cool idea you got there. I want to see more gamemodes, especially some invovling fighting some type of aliens, I might shit we are out in the middle of space and people always associate space with aliens so why not? It would be cool to as predator you could use an energy net to capture people and bring them back to your ship for later execution of your targets. Made have an objective to capture then kill someone abroad your ship using a special device that only spawns and stays inside the ship.

• Not to mention it’d be funny to lace the stage with skinned corpses :P

• There is (or was) predator game mode in gibbed server. It was really fun, but station design probably would make it almost impossible to hunt as predator. Maintenance hallways are small and crumbled.

• Supported. Predator would be an awesome game mode.

However i would change the objectives some. Their normal objective would be to assassinate a member of security, or a normal antag. As these would be people with weapons. Worth hunting, which is what Predators do.

You could also have Predator antags rarely spawn when an Alien infestation happens. Their objective then would be to blow up the station, or destroy the hive/queen.

Users

Topics