[Fixing Maps] (No current map)

• I would like some opinion on whether or not I should touch these maps in order to restore them and hopefully have them back on the server. What I would do is only fixes that caused the maps to get removed. No changes or anything else.
    Here is all that I would do to these maps:

zs_storm

• prop_static the two cars in the garage

• Remove the secret

• Compile with new engine

zs_stormier

• Remove the killing lightning bolt

• Make premade barricades to outside filtered so only zombies can break them

If you would like these maps to come back and for me to do these changes please tell me so. If you disagree please state a valid reason. I just want to see how many people are on board with this.

• I would like some opinion on whether or not I should touch these maps in order to restore them and hopefully have them back on the server. What I would do is only fixes that caused the maps to get removed. No changes or anything else.
    Here is all that I would do to these maps:

zs_storm

• prop_static the two cars in the garage

• Remove the secret

zs_stormier

• Remove the killing lightning bolt

• Make premade barricades to outside filtered so only zombies can break them

If you would like these maps to come back and for me to do these changes please tell me so. If you disagree please state a valid reason. I just want to see how many people are on board with this.

• I’m all for it, a return of these and other classic maps would make for a fun experience.

• Anybody who has an issue with you fixing things that are definitely wrong is a fool.  Just don’t add a nightmare shed.

• That gives me no reason to not fix this maps then. I managed to get the vmfs from Zinco who pointed me in the right direction as well as you normally cant decompile those two maps for some reason, same goes with Stelk’s work.

• @Pufulet:

That gives me no reason to not fix this maps then. I managed to get the vmfs from Zinco who pointed me in the right direction as well as you normally cant decompile those two maps for some reason, same goes with Stelk’s work.

What decompiler are you using. VMEX is vulnerable to map obfuscators and decompiling protection. So far, from what I’ve seen, BSP Source can bypass any decompile protection and is a lot better at decompiling maps.

Edit: Use BSP Source

• zs_storm_fixed

download link - http://filesmelt.com/dl/zs_storm_fixed.zip

• Removed secret room

• Removed secret teleporter

• Cars in garage are now prop_static

• Administrators

@Pufulet:

• Cars in garage are now prop_static

Map ruined.

• Banned

@The:

Map ruined.

That’s pufulet alright.

• Even though zs_imashouse was removed because of said cars.

• What’s the point of a map if you can’t gaben your friends?

• Just don’t go add any secret ammo boxes or busts and shit.

• Can someone tell me why each of the following maps were removed:

zs_lostcoast_house
    zs_farmhouse_v4
    zs_sector_4f
    zs_house_outbreak

• @Pufulet:

Can someone tell me why each of the following maps were removed:

zs_lostcoast_house
    zs_farmhouse_v4
    zs_sector_4f
    zs_house_outbreak

@Pufulet:

zs_lostcoasthouse because it has a terrible design and is not suitable for zs in my opinion.

@Mr.:

Agreed with Pufulet about zs_lostcoasthouse, should be removed. Not even a ZS map, just a copy of house from HL2 coast part. All what you use for barricading is coaches + you get raped by fast zombies once they get enabled.

v3 updated lost coast house but it was still removed (most likely due to small house)

@Someone:

zs_farmhouse_v4 again with these hallways

zs_sector4f
    removed due to long hallway and lack of props, although it was one of the only combine maps
    needs more locations to barricade as well

zs_house_outbreak
    most likely removed as the map has blocky architecture, no soundscape and no environment variation (skybox, outside map, trees, ground bumpiness)

if you re-make these award maps they should be hard to win

• I couldn’t get a hold of Alexg but I hope he wont mind me doing these changes to his maps in order to attempt to get them back on the server.

zs_lostcoast_house_fixed
    download link - http://filesmelt.com/dl/zs_lost_coast_house_fixed.zip

Difficulty of the map should be the same only humans get a more fair start now.

changelog

• Humans now spawn inside building

• Added breakable boards on most windows that can only be broken by zombies. They health can range from 150-400 depending on size mainly

• All wooden props should now be prop_physics_override so they don’t break instantly when not nailed

• Garage door no longer opens

• The breakable concrete wall can only be broken by zombies now

• Added an extra light on the top floor

• The health of the glass in front of the house has been increased by about 150-200

• Removed some of the prop_door_rotating entities inside the house that would just get in the way

• Changed water texture of swimming pool

• Disabled shadows on most of the foliage that made the map dark and ugly in some spots

zs_farmhouse_fixed
    download link -  http://filesmelt.com/dl/zs_farmhouse_fixed.zip

Increased difficulty and the downstairs hallway can no longer be barricaded easily because of the extra entrances.

changelog

• More optimization (area portals)

• Added a headcrab only vent in the downstairs bathroom

• Opened up a window in the room opposite to the downstairs bathroom

• Added a crouch only entrance (broken wall) in another room downstairs that is barricaded with a strong metal sheet and some boards

• The front door is now barricaded

• Most windows upstairs are now barricaded with breakable boards

• Two of the breakable boards are metal sheet props that have much more health compared to the wood ones.

• Lol I can’t believe some of my maps still are on the server XD

• @Alexg:

Lol I can’t believe some of my maps still are on the server XD

Welcome back stranger ;)

• @Alexg:

Lol I can’t believe some of my maps still are on the server XD

Not just Nox server haha.

• abandonned_building_fixed

download link - http://filesmelt.com/dl/abandonned_building_fixed.zip

Changelog

• Added player clips so players cannot escape the map

• Replaced CSS spawns with ZS ones

• Gas should no longer spawn in the building

• Can anyone tell me what the problems were with zs_house_outbreak and zs_zerbes_corruption.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.