• DOWNLOAD LINK

Map Key:
    Blue/Yellow X: Waterball/Speedball Pickup
    Blue/Yellow Line: Ideal Waterball/Speedball Path
    White X: Ball Spawn
    Green X: Goal
    Green Dot: Spawn point

Screenshots:

Look at what people who have enjoyed this map already are saying!

DOWNLOAD LINK

• DOWNLOAD LINK

Map Key:
    Blue/Yellow X: Waterball/Speedball Pickup
    Blue/Yellow Line: Ideal Waterball/Speedball Path
    White X: Ball Spawn
    Green X: Goal
    Green Dot: Spawn point

Screenshots:

Look at what people who have enjoyed this map already are saying!

DOWNLOAD LINK

• Administrators

Looks great. I would definitely have a Tiki BBQ there.

• Nice work  8)

• Really, really neat map.  Totally unique too.

• Sexy environment.

• Don’t mind the bump, but I suggest for the next version of this map, that it has a custom water texture, env_skypaint and with melons being replaced with coconuts to go with the theme of the map.

• The current speed of swimming in this game is abysmal so landing in the water is 90% a guaranteed suicide or a very long swim. Really takes you out of the game unless you’re stuck at your base trying to defend a pass from the water.

• I can’t increase the movespeed in water. I could add a trigger_hurt just below the surface of the water, if people think that that would help?

• Could add leech damage if people are knocked out of range of a docking area. Add a kill trigger at the bottom if you decide to sink.

• Administrators

Have the VMF for this still?

I want to do two things: remove or reduce the volume of the music. Make the docks in to sand bars instead because it’s better to suicide if you fall in the water.

• All of my mapping files were on an old hard drive I didn’t have access to for a while, but now that I have it again I found some vmfs that have various versions of coconut club, and I also found the song.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27803372/Coconut Club Files.zip

Dunno which version is supposed to be the most recent or if there were any custom textures, but if anyone wants to take a whack at this, be my guest. I’m too sick of hammer to work on any of this stuff again.

• I’ve used the supplied VMF and made some changes. Download link here.

*Lowered music volume a bit

*Added trigger_waterydeath underneath the surface of the water. This should stop new players from getting hit into water on the outskirts of the map, and taking minutes to get back up. This should also slow down people using the melon driver exploit, although it’s still possible if they hold ctrl+space, but not as OP.

*Raised the roof of both team’s buildings, to stop players from super jumping on top and then stalling with the ball (looking at you Jorgito…)

*Reduced the size of the skybox, among adding nodraw to various small things.

*Aligned some textures to make them look more connected as a whole.

• Game Admins

@dissident93:

This should also slow down people using the melon driver exploit

Could you explain this one to me and if it’s really an exploit I’ll fix it. You’ve changed how the map works by killing people who enter the water anywhere so I’m not prepared to add this in.

Also for future reference: _fixed is a terrible thing to put in a map name.

• Administrators

Not sure if this was posted on the forum or if this was only discussed in mumble but the idea to remake this map was to turn the wooden walkways into sand banks so that you can swim back from anywhere.

• Game Admins

@Benjy:

Could you explain this one to me and if it’s really an exploit I’ll fix it.

Someone let me know by Steam chat so I fixed it.

https://github.com/JetBoom/extremefootballthrowdown/pull/4

• @The:

Not sure if this was posted on the forum or if this was only discussed in mumble but the idea to remake this map was to turn the wooden walkways into sand banks so that you can swim back from anywhere.

Hmm, I can try doing this later. But honestly I don’t think the kill trigger would make playing this map any worse. For most of the map, it’s simply better to just suicide and respawn if you fall into the water, as it’s faster than swimming back to a ramp. I thought it would help the players who never suicide, as they get hit down into water and are out of play for 10+ seconds, if not longer. Perhaps the triggers could only be placed in the corners of the map so that the area around the ramps would be free to swim in?

But I also suppose having the wooden platforms be sand banks would be basically the same thing, assuming I can get it looking nice.

• WIP still, but is this what was envisioned?

• Administrators

Das it mane.

• Looks a little strange… Maybe an in-game screenshot?

Might as well take the time to optimize the map more.

EDIT: you might still need to add some walkways diagonally onto the sandbar anyways for it to look clean if you kinda get what I mean

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.