Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Chemical Implants

• The chemical implants in the brig are very useful, but no one ever seems to use them. Why? Well for one security is almost always shit and doesn’t know what half the stuff in the armory is for, but it is also annoying walking down to chemistry every round trying to get Chloral from the chemists. Usually they refuse to give it to you, because they think you’re an antag and your excuse for needing it is BS, since no one even knows what chemical implants are. My suggestion is that 4 of the 5 implants start with 15 units of CH (non-lethal dose), and one with 30 units (Lethal). The non-lethal can be authorized by the Warden, HoS, and Captain. The lethal dose can be authorized by HoS and Captain. They can ONLY be used on prisoners who are being permabrigged. This will make chemical implants a viable option, instead of a hassle that only pays off every now and then.

For those who don’t even know what these are, they are an implant in the armory that you inject like a loyalty implant. In the case that a permabrigged prisoner escapes you can inject the chemicals via console in the warden’s office. So far, only me and Leon Griffe have ever used them from what I have seen.

TL;DR: Make 4 of the chemical implants start with 15 units of CH, the other one 30.

• The chemical implants in the brig are very useful, but no one ever seems to use them. Why? Well for one security is almost always shit and doesn’t know what half the stuff in the armory is for, but it is also annoying walking down to chemistry every round trying to get Chloral from the chemists. Usually they refuse to give it to you, because they think you’re an antag and your excuse for needing it is BS, since no one even knows what chemical implants are. My suggestion is that 4 of the 5 implants start with 15 units of CH (non-lethal dose), and one with 30 units (Lethal). The non-lethal can be authorized by the Warden, HoS, and Captain. The lethal dose can be authorized by HoS and Captain. They can ONLY be used on prisoners who are being permabrigged. This will make chemical implants a viable option, instead of a hassle that only pays off every now and then.

For those who don’t even know what these are, they are an implant in the armory that you inject like a loyalty implant. In the case that a permabrigged prisoner escapes you can inject the chemicals via console in the warden’s office. So far, only me and Leon Griffe have ever used them from what I have seen.

TL;DR: Make 4 of the chemical implants start with 15 units of CH, the other one 30.

• I’ve thought about using them but you got it dead on with the whole chemist thing, as a warden I don’t fancy leaving the brig for 5-10 minutes for ignorant chemists to just refuse me anyway. Good suggestion.

• Just put couple bottles of sleep toxin in the armory. Also its not really that hard to get CH from chemistry for implants to be honest, so i think it should be left as it is to reward people who actually bother to do it.
    Also CH implants, let alone deadly dosages of CH are way too annoying and/or dangerous in the hands of shitcurity who are going to implant people just in case.

With Sleep toxin you at least have a chance to crawl in a maintenance closet so that random assistants don’t toolbox you on the head and loot your crap while you nap.
    Also you get to shout “Shitcurity!!!11 warden is rouge” before passing out.

Also keep in mind that lethal implants are a possible death sentence as they can trigger on their own when you are hungry.

• The general problem with sleep toxin is that it takes some time to take effect, I think. Ive only been hit by it a few times, and my general impression is that it just isn’t that good. Keep in mind that you have quite a few different ways to run once you escape the brig, and NoX players just LOVE helping escapees for some reason. The main reason why I want CH in the implants to start with is so I don’t have to leave the brig as warden, because to be honest I really shouldn’t leave EVER unless its an emergency. Also, most shitcurity is shit because they are clueless on how to do the job. They see the shiny guns and ignore the armor and tools, adding the CH to the implants they don’t even know exist won’t change that. There are food dispensers in the brig and I make a habit of warning anyone I implant of the risks.

The primary reason why I want CH is so I don’t have to kill traitors. Yes, sometimes the Captain and HoS are dicks and can’t be persuaded otherwise, but I just don’t like doing it. It completely takes a person out of the round, and this is a much more pleasant alternative, even if it does reduce their chances of escaping. At least they are alive to try.

• @Pyko:

Just put couple bottles of sleep toxin in the armory. Also its not really that hard to get CH from chemistry for implants to be honest, so i think it should be left as it is to reward people who actually bother to do it.
    Also CH implants, let alone deadly dosages of CH are way too annoying and/or dangerous in the hands of shitcurity who are going to implant people just in case.

With Sleep toxin you at least have a chance to crawl in a maintenance closet so that random assistants don’t toolbox you on the head and loot your crap while you nap.
    Also you get to shout “Shitcurity!!!11 warden is rouge” before passing out.

Also keep in mind that lethal implants are a possible death sentence as they can trigger on their own when you are hungry.

And Probably some Syringe Guns…

• @UnknownMurder:

And Probably some Syringe Guns…

No.

• It was an idea/suggestion.

Users

Topics