Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Replacing the Court Room.



  • The Court Room is never used. The main goal of this thread is to come up with suggestions on what the Court Room should be turned into.
    I think it should be turned into a nature room.

    The Nature Room would have grass turf, chairs, tables, and plants. It would serve as a place to relax and/or be a waiting room near the brig.



  • The Court Room is never used. The main goal of this thread is to come up with suggestions on what the Court Room should be turned into.
    I think it should be turned into a nature room.

    The Nature Room would have grass turf, chairs, tables, and plants. It would serve as a place to relax and/or be a waiting room near the brig.



  • I used it today. Trial for someone.



  • SOMEONE suggested… uh SEASONS. like if you played on june 14th, hey it’s summer in the nature room!

    dec 13th? man it’s cold and brr snow.

    also if you have the tools (i’d have to sprite a shovel or something) and a dead body, hey, dig a grave! it’d show up as a lump, but you could cover it with stuff.

    so far that’s the best idea i’ve heard. it’d be about the size of the holodeck, cos i’d extend the brig to one more cell (since everyone ends up being arrested all the time)



  • Brig already has enough traffic as it is, not to mention a random nature room in the security wing just sounds off to me. The season room itself is a decent idea, but stick it somewhere else. Maybe add it on from the holodeck?



  • but the thought is the SEC wing is just that: the SEC wing. kinda arbitrary. what if it was used for something more than that? it’d get more traffic, anyway.



  • @Mattress:

    I used it today. Trial for someone.

    How often do people have trials? Every time I’m on, I never see one, or it is very rare. There is also no reason to keep the Library since no one uses it at all. Its the most empty area on the station. The top three most empty locations on the station are: Arrivals (Lobby), The Courtroom, and The Library.

    @big:

    SOMEONE suggested… uh SEASONS. like if you played on june 14th, hey it’s summer in the nature room!

    dec 13th? man it’s cold and brr snow.

    also if you have the tools (i’d have to sprite a shovel or something) and a dead body, hey, dig a grave! it’d show up as a lump, but you could cover it with stuff.

    so far that’s the best idea i’ve heard. it’d be about the size of the holodeck, cos i’d extend the brig to one more cell (since everyone ends up being arrested all the time)

    My original suggestion was to add a system like the holodeck. Spring would be grassy, Summer would be grassy but warm, Fall would be grassy but cold, and Winter would be cold and use the Snow icons. Another suggestion is to use custom icons for fall where the trees would be maple trees with fallen leafs on the floor (to give the fall-esque feel). My idea was to have a weather console where players could adjust the weather and temperature. Emaging would cause horrific things to happen depending on the season. Example: Emaging the console during winter would create a blizzard. The blizzard would freeze doors (with custom icons as seen in the image below) and make things dangerously cold. To unmelt ice from doors you would have to use a welding torch.



  • I think the courtroom should be kept anyway. Maybe made a bit smaller.



  • @big:

    SOMEONE suggested… uh SEASONS. like if you played on june 14th, hey it’s summer in the nature room!

    Let’s not replace a mostly useless room by an utterly pointless room.



  • Replace the courtroom with a wheel of fortune.

    80% chance of a punishment(death included) and 20% chance of being released.
    This should be an automatic process.



  • @chocolate:

    The top three most empty locations on the station are: Arrivals (Lobby), The Courtroom, and The Library.

    Turn Arrivals into the Arrivals Park, you get your nature room/a reason to hang out around there, it’s all the more beautiful/horrifying when Xenos infest it, you can have Space Zookeepers show up at the south dock to put on a traveling display of wildlife, and if a Botanist/Engineer are feeling spicy, they can tear down the Unused Office and rebuild it as a Log Cabin.

    Add a Thunderdome/Roman Arena Holodeck setup (or a pair of swords behind a security-locked case) in the Courtroom so people can demand Trial by Combat, or the Mad Max Punishment Wheel. That should draw the viewing public and make security/detectives do a bit more work than “See shitlord, apply baton” so they can have a show to watch.

    The Library… I dunno. Add some cats to it (Old bookstores with cats are the best), throw in copies of all the in-game “How to do X” guides, solicit player-made (That is, submitted to the admins/coders and manually put in. The ability to let players add random books is removed/bad anyway) "Guide to X Job"s to put in so that you can direct new players to do some book-learning instead of consulting a wiki for how to do a job, maybe put in random journals that either have gibberish, useless drivel, or a slim chance of containing a secret recipe/item-location. Jobwise, the Libarian has his eldritch altar, maybe make him a secular counterpart to the Chaplain (Or the Mime to the Chaplain’s Clown) in that he can learn about Cult activities (after they’ve already begun)/Wizard spells being cast with his dark research, perhaps with the same general immunity that a Chaplain has due to previous intense research/exposure to the subjects man-and-clown-kind were not meant to know. Maybe give him some sort of PAI/Soulstone hybrid that gives him a bonded helper spirit.


Log in to reply
 

0
Online

11.3k
Users

15.5k
Topics

300.2k
Posts