Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

The Medkit power in the arsenal crate is overpriced.

• I heard from some older players that you get 1 point for every 5 hp you healed. The medkit power is 50 ammo and cost 30 points(24 during intermission).  50 ammo can heal 50 hp which only give you around 10 point. Even if you are able to use the resupply every 2 minutes for 20 extra power. I still think that it is still a little overpriced and medic players usually end up conversing their points for medkit powers.

• I heard from some older players that you get 1 point for every 5 hp you healed. The medkit power is 50 ammo and cost 30 points(24 during intermission).  50 ammo can heal 50 hp which only give you around 10 point. Even if you are able to use the resupply every 2 minutes for 20 extra power. I still think that it is still a little overpriced and medic players usually end up conversing their points for medkit powers.

• You arn’t supposed to be able to buy infinite medkit heals, that would be silly.

• My point is to give medic player more options in later rounds (4,5,6). Considering a player that get a turret or a gun, they can easily buy a tier 1 weapons and then advance to the final tier weapon and still have a lot of spare points. Medic players are only left with waiting for resupply crate to reset for more medkit power in the later rounds.

• Understand that there are no “Classes” every player has the full potential of using anything. Choosing a medkit for your loadout is only the half of your worth.
    Standing around with only your medkit the entire round would be silly, you could use a melee weapon to get those extra points you need for more medpower if you do insist on buying it.
    Or pick medkit+plank+gun as loadout, it doesn’t require taking returns.

• eighter get a medkit + crate and heal people the entire round or get a medkit + power and keep healing until you are out of medkit power and wait for intermission to buy a weapon.
    Most of the time I can get a stalker after spending 300 medkit power. (which is around wave 4. Depends how much people get hurt)

• I use a loadout with a Medkit as one of my most reliable ways to get an Adonis. I don’t think this is necessary.

• Theoretically the only way to get a net gain of points would be to use melee weapons or anything that doesn’t require you buying stuff. Or at least that’s how it should be.

• What about objective map? Even if you get a medkit + a gun, there’s no guarantee that a mediocre player can get that many points. And PureJeenyus, please explain more on how you can actually get an adonis with just a medkit.

• Banned

Maybe he picks fallen medkit ammo.

ps. He did not say he would use medkit only

• First off, if you want to be a medic, make sure you get the proper med-kit buffs, as well as the extra med-kit power in the worth menu, at the beginning of the game for maximum performance. Once you choose to use a medkit, you usually end up sticking with it for the rest of the game… Make sure you keep resupplying and buying more power. Its tedious but someone has to do it.

• Here’s a question- Why can you get medkit power from resupply crates, but not nails?  Medkit power is obviously far more expensive.

• @Pyramid:

Here’s a question- Why can you get medkit power from resupply crates, but not nails?  Medkit power is obviously far more expensive.

You used to be able to before the whole barricade system change but it basically allowed humans to win every time provided 5 or so people with hammers used a resupply box. Keep in mind back then it meant zombies had to break those five nails one after the other, with the full health of each nail.

Now however there isn’t really a reason to not have it come with a resupply box considering they do nothing but freeze a prop in place. (That and be cosmetic)

• Multiple nails can also make it really hard to adjust barricades.  The only practical thing  One thing having more than one nail in a prop can do is allow you to see its remaining health if it was nailed from the outside.

• @Pyramid:

Multiple nails can also make it really hard to adjust barricades.  The only practical thing having more than one nail in a prop can do is allow you to see its remaining health if it was nailed from the outside.

This might be bad barricading style but I find it useful to nail one prop to every other prop in the barricade provided that I am somehow unable to nail that one prop to a wall/ceiling or floor. It makes the barricade look like a mess when holding SHIFT but it’s better than having a hole that lets headcrabs come in or the occasional zombie claw/flesh pouring in.

• Correct me if i’m wrong but, I thought multiple props nailed together share the damage? Is that not bad?

• Usually that’s bad, but sometimes areas that are difficult for zombies to access high up on the barricade are best blocked off with props being nailed to something like a long, thin plank from a junk pack that’s stretched across.  This is especially effective in maps where the entrance to the area that humans need to defend is very wide.  It’s highly situational though, and obviously it means that when the main prop breaks the cade is completely done for.

It would be silly to prevent more than one nail from being in a prop, so why not just give the prop extra hp with each nail anchoring it to the ground or a wall? ( With heavily diminishing returns. )    The reason new players put in lots of nails is because it makes sense.

• @WiredSnowman:

Correct me if i’m wrong but, I thought multiple props nailed together share the damage? Is that not bad?

@JetBoom:

@CodeBrain:

There’s also the fact that many players nail all of the barricades parts together when apparrently it makes the barricades weaker (though I’m not certain if that’s true or not)

Damage is dealt to the entity that was hit, not the nails. Whoever told you that is making stuff up.

@Pyramid:

It’s highly situational though, and obviously it means that when the main prop breaks the cade is completely done for.

I did say in my post that I nail that one prop to EVERY OTHER PROP that’s nearby it to prevent that one thing from happening :link:

Users

Topics