ZS - Moving hammer on worth list

• Firstly i’d like to say this isn’t me saying new players are useless.

I’d like to suggest that the carpenters hammer is moved further down the list in the worth menu, looking at the image below i believe if it is moved to maybe the bottom of the list we wouldn’t have many people buying hammer every round, which has become a problem in ZS with too many people trying to barricade the same spot.

I’d like to get peoples opinions on the matter and see if this can be implemented.

• Firstly i’d like to say this isn’t me saying new players are useless.

I’d like to suggest that the carpenters hammer is moved further down the list in the worth menu, looking at the image below i believe if it is moved to maybe the bottom of the list we wouldn’t have many people buying hammer every round, which has become a problem in ZS with too many people trying to barricade the same spot.

I’d like to get peoples opinions on the matter and see if this can be implemented.

• I’m sure it’s because they believe that with Carpenter’s Hammer being at the top of the list, it is a #1 survival tool, or they are new to the gamemode and don’t want to take the time to learn which is a better choice.
    I would go with placing the hammer at the bottom, and placing Junk Pack at top.

• Actually, the medical kit would be a better choice for the top.

• I would go with anything useful.

• I think there’s also a bandwagoning element to it, like what you see with people voting for maps. If being at the top of the list causes the hammer to be picked, the fact that newcomers or otherwise are subsequently choosing it because it is the most popular item amplifies the effect.

@ritzbits:

Actually, the medical kit would be a better choice for the top.

I agree with this, plus I think we should bring the med power up with it. However, having a surplus of medkits could cause a lot of worth to be wasted that could have been used to buy things that could actually damage the zombies, so we should see how it plays out. If worse comes to worst, I would say that having junk pack at top or having guns be the first thing the players see would be a better idea.

• I don’t think it would change anything. looking at the list now i think medkit+medkit power fit better above arsenal/resupply, all deployables would be in the same section

• I like this idea but New Players will just scroll down and pick it. I rather suggest getting an achievement to get an hammer. like Human 1st or 3rd

• Banned

Remove hammer from worth menu and make it so that like 15 per cent of players are randomly given a hammer when they spawn.

You learn to cade best by cading  ;)

• New players with hammers make rounds a lot more interesting. Why would it be fun if everything went according to plan all the time?

• @CMasta:

New players with hammers make rounds a lot more interesting. Why would it be fun if everything went according to plan all the time?

I agree with this, as much as I rage at them they are the main thing which makes ZS fun.

• Banned

@CMasta:

New players with hammers make rounds a lot more interesting. Why would it be fun if everything went according to plan all the time?

It is quite boring to have a good cade, especially boring for zombies.

• In a server with 50 or so players, it is common to see around 15 to 20 people getting the carpenter’s hammer according to the worth menu. However, it is very rare to see over 10 of them be used. They seem to either forget they have one, or do not know what the hammer does. Aside from the bad barricade argument, I think they would have more fun shooting than having a hammer that they are not using.

• This might work, would be easy to do, has zero negative consequences, and is probably worth a try.

• If you have the impression that newer players getting hammers every round is good for the game you haven’t got a straight head.
    The amount of people who pile props together and just nail them as soon as they can, it’s just ridiculous, and it is the most annoying thing when trying to cade. Calling that “fun” is just stupid

• I need to revive this post.

I absolutely love the new cading rules, however the amount of times a game loss happens because  kleiner nails a s-cade together  is really starting to make my blood boil. It makes playing when regulars aren’t around like nails on a chalkboard. Not to mention the repetitive, “OMG YOU DESTORYING CADE!” when you are trying to fix it.

I would suggest moving hammers down more as well. You have a MUCH higher chance of surviving with 1 good cader, than 8 terrible ones.  I would also suggest allowing mods to pull nails for free, (dunno if this is already the case), so they can fix s-cades without taking a health hit. I would go as far as suggesting regulars have the ability to pull nails for free as well, however I already know someone would abuse that real fast.

An even better suggestion would be adding an exact tool to the turning menu. When you press alt to “turn” a prop, if you press the WSAD keys it snaps the prop into place, and allows you to incrementally turn each prop 30 degrees. Whipping a prop around with the mouse can be a little difficult when zombos are beating on the the cade. Building a cade faster and more effectively would allow me to run around and cover more cade spots before round starts.

• Each round there should be a group of players that randomly get given a hammer and have a little square above their head saying barricader.

• @CryoDragon:

Each round there should be a group of players that randomly get given a hammer and have a little square above their head saying barricader.

NO.

Absolutely not.

Really bad idea.

• How about making an achievement that allowed you to buy the hammer that you unlocked after around 100~ round of zs ?

• @exiorca:

How about making an achievement that allowed you to buy the hammer that you unlocked after around 100~ round of zs ?

I think this is an interesting idea! Not sure it should be 100 rounds, but definitely worth thinking about. Would stop the newer people from buying hammers and wasting props barricading a room horribly as a backup, trying to make shit-piles, etc. Only thing it would not solve is elitist asshole caders who treat people who know how to cade like shit and remove their nails like they have the right. Granted sometimes it is warranted and with certain people I’m fine with it, but caders who remove any nail any time for any reason are just annoying. Contrary to some people’s beliefs, I do know how to cade, as I buy a hammer most times to help repair and do a lot of watching to learn people’s methods. I’ve spent a lot of time doing this, and though I don’t always do the best job, I do know what I’m doing.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.