Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Good admin mod to compliment the ZS gamemode?

• Hi everyone,

I’m very excited to try hosting Zombie Survival myself! It is mentioned in the documentation that we should use mapcycle or a separate map cycling application for rotating maps on our server. I haven’t installed any admin addons yet, could someone recommend an admin addon that comes with a good (configurable) map voting system?

Thanks!

• Hi everyone,

I’m very excited to try hosting Zombie Survival myself! It is mentioned in the documentation that we should use mapcycle or a separate map cycling application for rotating maps on our server. I haven’t installed any admin addons yet, could someone recommend an admin addon that comes with a good (configurable) map voting system?

Thanks!

• ULX is a very popular choice for server administration, though I don’t think it’s very robust. You could try it. It doesn’t come with a map voting system though. For that, you could take a look at ptown’s votemap script. I’ve never tried it myself but I’m sure that it works well.

• I’m pretty sure ulx DOES come with a map voting system, it’s just that the votemap menu doesn’t pop up at the end of a game.

• @Doom3d:

I’m pretty sure ulx DOES come with a map voting system, it’s just that the votemap menu doesn’t pop up at the end of a game.

ULX map voting system works like some rtv like way. You can vote the map and it will change in the middle of the game. I wouldn’t recommend it.

1. /orangebox/garrysmod/workshop.vdf
    "addons"

{

"1"		
    "107361315"

}

1. votemap to console game!

• @kot318:

1. /orangebox/garrysmod/workshop.vdf

I’m going to stop you right there as the latest gmod update removed the need for workshop.vdf (server addons are now managed in a CS:GO-like way.)

• ULX has been a longtime favorite of mine, I guess I’ll stick with that! I’m guessing kot318 was referring to ptown’s voting script? Figures that there is an official system for this gamemode! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I’ll check it out. Thanks, everyone!

• It’s not official. If it were then it would be included in the gamemode.

• Sorry, I guess I meant more “about as official as you can get” without the author putting it in :)

• @tgp1994:

Sorry, I guess I meant more “about as official as you can get” without the author putting it in :)

I never placed the word official in any of the entries at all. It just says that it is the FIRST votemap addon FOR the zs gamemode. As in, nobody else made a public votemap system addon for that gamemode (IN SPECIFIC).

• Uncle! Sorry guys! Official was the wrong word.

Users

Topics